IGNORED

Peter Beagrie

RedRaw

I'm sorry, but the man is a complete t*sser and obviously has some issue with Bristol City.....he is fast becoming as bad as the drink driver

Firstly, he writes up a review of the Championship for Sky and adds his thoughts on the chances of each championship team.......bar Bristol City!

You could understand if he wrote a report that just named his favourites for promotion and relegation, but he clearly has left us out all together. How can this have passed the editing team etc?

Now, in his next report (expected love-in with Newcastle) he has this to say.....

"Newcastle got a decent point at West Brom and I think fixture-wise they got a good draw for their opening two games. Facing the Baggies and now Reading, who are two big sides, was better than facing sides like S****horpe and Bristol City, as they'd be expected to win and on a hiding to nothing"

I'm sorry!! What makes this twerp think that Newcastle would expect to win if they played us. Understand if he mentioned S****horpe who have just come up and, will no doubt admit themselves, are run on a shoe-string/small squad etc but the same can not be said of us. He could also have mentioned barnsley, doncaster, blackpool or plymouth as they are the clubs he has predicted will struggle........it seems to me he hand-picked us just to have some sort of dig. What is his problem??

I'm not trying to give it the old "we are a big club" attitude but we are now pretty much an established championship club who were in the PO final 2 seasons ago and 10th place last time round...we are also expected to be pushing for the PO's this year.

Newcastle on the other hand are in dissaray and will do well to be anywhere near the top spots.

I am beginning to hate this smug, beadey eye no-mark with a passion

:ranting:

Personally the less written about us by pundits the better imo! I don't rate many of them and as they are mostly ex-players they all seem to think they what they are talking about.

I have never liked Beagrie, as a player and particularly as a pundit/co-commentator so as soon as I see he has written something I just simply skip the page as I know brown stuff comes out his mouth.

MM

Beagrie used to appear on Yorkshire TV's midweek football show with Andy Townsend. During our promotion season whenever they were discussing the league 1 promotion race he never mentioned us at all, even when it was neck and neck between us and Scunny. He always showed complete bias to Scunny

(understandable perhaps because he played for them) but he always talked about the "big clubs who don't deserve to be down there" such as Forest, or clubs with players or managers he knew and would comment that " so and so is doing a great job there" even if the clubb was mid table on on the verge of the relgation battle).

Too many of this type of pundit seems only able to comment on on one of three basis:

1. Clubs who are regarded as " big clubs" - for which read clubs that have been in the prem.

2. Clubs with well known managers - for which read ex-players who the pundit used to play with or against, or managers who have been to umpteen clubs even if they have acheived diddly squat at any of them..

3. Clubs who have "big name players" playing for them - for which read players the pundit used to play with or against , or players they have actually heard of.

We fit in none of those categories so will contune to operate under the radar.

the worst thing is he seems to be deemed skys championship 'expert'.

I was watching soccer saturday last week and stelling, merson, mcinally and co seemed to look to beagrie for reassurance when talking about anythong below Premier League

he is an asbsolute tool, why isnt kammy on telly more!!!

everyone knows merson is a berk but hes just on it for laughs and im cool with that, but beagrie :disapointed2se:

I'm sorry, but the man is a complete t*sser and obviously has some issue with Bristol City.....he is fast becoming as bad as the drink driver

Firstly, he writes up a review of the Championship for Sky and adds his thoughts on the chances of each championship team.......bar Bristol City!

You could understand if he wrote a report that just named his favourites for promotion and relegation, but he clearly has left us out all together. How can this have passed the editing team etc?

Now, in his next report (expected love-in with Newcastle) he has this to say.....

"Newcastle got a decent point at West Brom and I think fixture-wise they got a good draw for their opening two games. Facing the Baggies and now Reading, who are two big sides, was better than facing sides like S****horpe and Bristol City, as they'd be expected to win and on a hiding to nothing"

I'm sorry!! What makes this twerp think that Newcastle would expect to win if they played us. Understand if he mentioned S****horpe who have just come up and, will no doubt admit themselves, are run on a shoe-string/small squad etc but the same can not be said of us. He could also have mentioned barnsley, doncaster, blackpool or plymouth as they are the clubs he has predicted will struggle........it seems to me he hand-picked us just to have some sort of dig. What is his problem??

I'm not trying to give it the old "we are a big club" attitude but we are now pretty much an established championship club who were in the PO final 2 seasons ago and 10th place last time round...we are also expected to be pushing for the PO's this year.

Newcastle on the other hand are in dissaray and will do well to be anywhere near the top spots.

the blokes a plonker better of on the dole

A c* ck has a function in life which is more than can be said of that no mark!!

Vastly over rated as a player and even more so as an alleged 'pundit'

Knows about as much about quantum physics as he does about the CCC !!

I think hes ok, just because he doesnt big us up all the time isnt a reason to claim he knows nowt about football. We arent one of the fancied teams, so get over it.

I dont doubt he knows his onions, but shows far too much bias which is unprofessional.

A decent summariser is one who can be balanced in their observations, regardless of who is involved.....For that reason alone, Beagrie is utter rubbish!

I think hes ok, just because he doesnt big us up all the time isnt a reason to claim he knows nowt about football. We arent one of the fancied teams, so get over it.

Oooooh, get Buggeries No 1 fan! ;)

I'm not asking him to big us up.......just report on us in a fair and reasoned way like he appears to have with all other 23 clubs in the division. There have been too many instances now of him having some sort of dig at us to suggest there is nothing in it.

I dont doubt he knows his onions, but shows far too much bias which is unprofessional.

A decent summariser is one who can be balanced in their observations, regardless of who is involved.....

He is as far as i am concerned, perhaps you would prefer all of the premier league pundits who just moan about EVERY decision the ref and linesman give.

Beagrie has a soft spot for a couple northern clubs but i can live with that. What i cant stand is the bias towards the top 4 when the money league is on.

Agreed. The way people moan about pundits and commentators all the time for not bigging up their team is annoying.

Oooooh, get Buggeries No 1 fan! ;)

I'm not asking him to big us up.......just report on us in a fair and reasoned way like he appears to have with all other 23 clubs in the division. There have been too many instances now of him having some sort of dig at us to suggest there is nothing in it.

I aint no ones fan, i just say it as it is, i dont give a shite if he likes us or not. I think hes fine, explain to me when and where he has had these digs at us then.

What reason would he have to dislike Bristol City, its laughable :pacifier:

I aint no ones fan, i just say it as it is, i dont give a shite if he likes us or not.

whooh there tiger....you sound like Vicky Pollard

I think hes fine, explain to me when and where he has had these digs at us then.

what reason would he have to dislike Bristol City, its laughable :pacifier:

I dont know mate...thats why I made the point. Maybe, in the first instance, he or the editor can respond to the comment/email I sent asking to explain why BCFC and only BCFC were left out of his review. He has certainly in the past, and in his most recent article, shown a total disregard of this club

Archived