IGNORED

Liam Fontaine

Deej-Legend

Do not take this as gospel, but when I met my Dad after the game, he told me he'd heard that Liam Fontaine is apparantly off to Fulham, for £2.5 million. Really hope it's not true, but thought I'd at least share with you all.

Of course, I know it's all the same 'i heard that he said that he heard, etc' drabble, but as I said, still worth mentioning. Just in case.

would be strange if they let him go to us in 2006 and bought him back for that amount 3 years later!

New manager etc.

Could well be trought. At first no explanation on official site although commenting on Louis injury but then "explanation" (if so) on Player.

In my eyes he is to weak and half a sleep at times but I know most people rate him.

I think to sell Liam we would want a minimum of £3 million upfront.

Maybe someone has offered that, maybe not, but the fact he came on as a sub would tend to convince me that there is no more in this than an injury concern.

New manager etc.

Could well be trought. At first no explanation on official site although commenting on Louis injury but then "explanation" (if so) on Player.

In my eyes he is to weak and half a sleep at times but I know most people rate him.

that would depend on whether there good centre half Hangeland ends up at Arsenal.

it's plausible enough to be true...

I would be sorry to seem him go, but i don't think he would be that hard to replace, we probably have a ready made replacement in Lewin and space would open up for Ribs and James Wilson. We could actually come out well.

but time will tell i guess.

it's plausible enough to be true...

I would be sorry to seem him go, but i don't think he would be that hard to replace, we probably have a ready made replacement in Lewin and space would open up for Ribs and James Wilson. We could actually come out well.

but time will tell i guess.

Do you think his departure would open up an opportunity for either Wilson or Ribs? Surely they should already be getting on the bench at least?

I think to sell Liam we would want a minimum of £3 million upfront.

Maybe someone has offered that, maybe not, but the fact he came on as a sub would tend to convince me that there is no more in this than an injury concern.

£3 million, are you serious?!!!

All this thread has got to be rubbish surely? I do like Liam but he's only just established himself in the first 11. There's no

way I could see him going to the prem for a multi million pound deal.

I do have to laugh when people just pluck these figures out of their heads.

I love Fonts to bits and think he is a vital part of our squad, but I'd jump at £3m for him! How many Championship players do you see getting sold for that amount or more? Only the very best of them, and no disrespect to Fonts, but I don't think he's quite on the radar of the big boys yet.

I do have to laugh when people just pluck these figures out of their heads.

I love Fonts to bits and think he is a vital part of our squad, but I'd jump at £3m for him! How many Championship players do you see getting sold for that amount or more? Only the very best of them, and no disrespect to Fonts, but I don't think he's quite on the radar of the big boys yet.

I think he is worth that much. In my opinion, he is a class act and his potential alone would draw a hefty transfer sum.

Again, and only in my own opinion - I think he is the best defender BCFC have.

I think he is worth that much. In my opinion, he is a class act and his potential alone would draw a hefty transfer sum.

Again, and only in my own opinion - I think he is the best defender BCFC have.

Not only your opinion - mine too.

£3 million, are you serious?!!!

All this thread has got to be rubbish surely? I do like Liam but he's only just established himself in the first 11. There's no

way I could see him going to the prem for a multi million pound deal.

Roger Johnson went for £5m, the two Sheff U full backs for £11m. Nuff said I would think.

Ipswich released Tommy Miller who then went to Darlington and they bought him back for £1m a year or two later. Different manager comes in and they don't care whether the player was released in the past or not just who's good enough now.

I think Fonts is a good Championship defender and like someone posted previously if Roger Johnson is worth £5m and the Sheff Utd full backs £11m then Fonts is definately worth at least £2-3m. I think that seems like alot but the precedent has been set by Spurs and Brum buying Championship defenders at highly inflated prices.

Archived