IGNORED

Heading The Ball?

Esmond Million's Bung

Hi,

Below is a copy of a response I posted about the photos of Warnock, Having studied all of the photos on the main site for yesterdays game, I thought i'd bring it up as an individual posting, About modern footballers and the heading of the ball and the players almost without exception closing their eyes, My point is how the hell (especially defenders) can these 'PROFESSIONALS' being doing their jobs properly.

'Well i'll tell you what I noticed from those photographs and that is what a load of total fairies footballers are these days, Virtually in every single photo of players from both sides going up for headers the players HAD THEIR BLOODY EYES CLOSED, They are supposed to be professional footballers being handsomely paid to regularly head balls and they close their eyes.

The first such photo shows Mcombe defending a high ball with his eyes totally shut, How the hell can he actually defend like that, it's ridiculous. There is a very famous photo of the great John Atyeo Scoring his 349 goal for the club on his very last appearance (he actually scored a hatrick that night) and his eyes are wide open having headed the ball into the net and in those days the balls were far heavier than they are now.

Even when I was playing schoolboy football, if I closed my eyes to head a ball or even whilst defending if a ball was kicked at me I had even flinched, My dad (god rest his soul) would shout at me "don't close your eyes son, it's only a bag of wind' and my only reward was the bloody half time orange, Not a penthouse suite, fancy car and regular spit-roasts, I will stop short of calling modern day footballers cowards, However to me it shows an incredible lack of coaching to allow virtually every single player attempting a header yesterday to get away with this total lack of professionalism'.

Archived