IGNORED

Hartley

BristolCity1992

Anyone else really impressed by him yesterday?

I like his style the way he moves about the pitch and is not scared to put his body in the way. Leading up to the goal I think it was him who won the ball and played a wonderful ball forward to Akinde (Who was also good when he came on) which was eventually cleared but played back and then we scored.

His corners were alright although he wasted a couple of free kicks, another thing I noticed was when he thought we had won a penalty he ran straight over for it and its good to see that we have someone who is confident as last year we missed far to many.

I am not a LJ basher, I think he has done well for us, however Hartley does look to be a step up in class.

He uses the ball well, is always available and can tackle, when he went for the tackle with Sears in our box I was convinced he was going to bring him down but he made a perfectly timed tackle.

He seems to get further forward and therefore looks more likely to score.

I would imagine he commands a high salary but from what I have seen he looks to be worth it.

Guest bigcheese

He is immense, not scared of a tackle, nice forward thinking passes, and although his free kicks may not have come off at least he didnt faff around like LJ and McIndoe used to..

• Admin

He should also have 2 goals in his 2 matches too had the Palace defenders not cheated by omitting to tell the referee that he had in fact been a yard onside when Akinde struck his shot.

Appears we may get a few goals from central midfield this season! :dance:

Guest bigcheese

I dunno, playing thru midfield and having him and elliott be constructive has got to be better than an entire game of lumping it up to adebola (or for that matter akinde/maynard) ??

Anyone else really impressed by him yesterday?

I like his style the way he moves about the pitch and is not scared to put his body in the way. Leading up to the goal I think it was him who won the ball and played a wonderful ball forward to Akinde (Who was also good when he came on) which was eventually cleared but played back and then we scored.

His corners were alright although he wasted a couple of free kicks, another thing I noticed was when he thought we had won a penalty he ran straight over for it and its good to see that we have someone who is confident as last year we missed far to many.

Good topic Sir. With the complete whinging prat Neil Warnock having taken most of the headlines from yesterday it's about time we concentrated on writing about the likes of Paul Hartley. I thought Hartley had a great game against Palarse and - hopefully - he'll be our best blood and guts midfielder since Gerry Gow.

Against Preston he was class throughout. First half yesterday played really well, but I think he faded in the second. Looked a little leggy towards the end. Will still be a great signing, though.

Good player, what I like about him is his leadership on the field: talking to players, advising them. We have not had that from a midfielder since Tinnion. He also looks to have a good nose for a goal too. Let's hope he can last the pace of 46 Championship matches.

One other point: he should help Marvin Elliott develop even more.

Guest ashtonyate

I was impressed with Hartley he look to have the class midfield has been lacking since Tinnion.

I will be wondering how much of the game he will play on Tuesday because that's the problem I can see playing 3 games in a week for a player of 32.

If he does plays part of the game then is substituted we are left with the same players as last year in midfield.

The thing on Saturday that I wondered about was Clarkeson coming off at half time was he injured.

I must say he did not seem to have a lot of pace about him, so it will be intresting to see him play again.

one of the Hartley highlights were when he and their lanky no. 33 went in to a challange and the palarse player bounced of Hartley who just stood his ground

I don't know if anyone else noticed but the same player (N'Diaye) fouled Hartley in another incident and then when the freekick was awarded put his hand out for Hartley to shake. However, Hartley just slapped it instead obviously realising like the rest of us that he was a gangly cheating frog.

I don't know if anyone else noticed but the same player (N'Diaye) fouled Hartley in another incident and then when the freekick was awarded put his hand out for Hartley to shake. However, Hartley just slapped it instead obviously realising like the rest of us that he was a gangly cheating frog.

Yep i saw that! Thought N'Diaye was looking for a hand up as he was sat on the floor though and had just been fouled by him...either way Hartley just completely blanked him :winner_third_h4h:

I think he's a real quality addition to the side and it's great when he starts screaming right in the faces of an official...keep it coming Paul :city: !

Archived