IGNORED

Bringing The Game Into Disrepute?

city nut

Personally I think that as a club we are damned whatever we do.

Reading the Palace forum their already inbred hatred of us since the play off semi has been inflamed and some idiot City WUM's have aggrevated that still further. Quite a few fans of other clubs , speaking from a position of moral superiority have cast us as the villains of the piece and feel that we "cheated" by not righting the wrong of the referees decsion, ignoring completely the fact that I strongly suspetc that their's and no other manager would have "done the right thing" - even a few sensible Palace fans dispute that Warnock would have given us a walk in goal had the roles been reveresed.

Surely the best thing now is for us to say as little as possible. GJ's comments after the game are now being pulled to pieces , with implications that he lied about what he heard or was told regarding the reason the goal was disallowed. Warnock is a past master at spinning things to suite his argument so least said soonest mended. While there may a legal case for defamation or lible I can just see that Palace fans, ad probably the media and fans elsewhere jumping all over it as though we are hiding behind the legal system - we just can't win.

Until Saturday, I think we were a club highly regarded in the vast majority of the football world and largely ignored by the majority of the media as we have never been in the prem and are sited in the outback of the wild west. Through no fault of our own, we find oursleves involved in a bad decision and most unfortunately the manager on the other side is Warnock. With the embers of his dislike for BCFC still warm since the play off and aggrevated by last season's late winner, it took little for him to stoke those embers into a flame fuelled by his clever manipulation of the media, who were more than happy to provide airtime to a "good value football charecter" enabling him to perpetuae his mythical status as the hard done by , "never done anything wrong in me life guv'nor", football manager.

The impact of Warnock's media manipulation seems to have forced Hackett into an apology to Palace, but by not apologising to City for being unwittingly dragged into this situation due to the referee's ineptitude, he has left us wide open to every accusation going. The whole club has now been labelled cheats, and that does not sit comfortably with me, and I'm sure all of you as well.

The irony of this situation is that Gary Johnson is one of very few managars who have done the right thing to correct a mistake on the pitch. I understand the confusion surrounding the reason why the goal was disallowed, and that this may be the reason that GJ accepted the referees decsion at the time. However, has it crossed anyopne else's mind that if Johnson did believe it was a genuine goal, then had been againts any other manager he would have demonstrated his true class by instructing his players to let the opposition score and do the right thing once more? Has Warnock ever wondered that he might just reap what he sows?

Should the ref's report confirm GJs discussion with him that it was disallowed for an infringement, I would think city would have good grounds to make a legal case. With that ultimately leading to a retraction of comments (i.e. "cheats") by certain people...

They need to retract it anyway, because we didn't cheat.

Personally I think that as a club we are damned whatever we do.

Reading the Palace forum their already inbred hatred of us since the play off semi has been inflamed and some idiot City WUM's have aggrevated that still further. Quite a few fans of other clubs , speaking from a position of moral superiority have cast us as the villains of the piece and feel that we "cheated" by not righting the wrong of the referees decsion, ignoring completely the fact that I strongly suspetc that their's and no other manager would have "done the right thing" - even a few sensible Palace fans dispute that Warnock would have given us a walk in goal had the roles been reveresed.

Surely the best thing now is for us to say as little as possible. GJ's comments after the game are now being pulled to pieces , with implications that he lied about what he heard or was told regarding the reason the goal was disallowed. Warnock is a past master at spinning things to suite his argument so least said soonest mended. While there may a legal case for defamation or lible I can just see that Palace fans, ad probably the media and fans elsewhere jumping all over it as though we are hiding behind the legal system - we just can't win.

Until Saturday, I think we were a club highly regarded in the vast majority of the football world and largely ignored by the majority of the media as we have never been in the prem and are sited in the outback of the wild west. Through no fault of our own, we find oursleves involved in a bad decision and most unfortunately the manager on the other side is Warnock. With the embers of his dislike for BCFC still warm since the play off and aggrevated by last season's late winner, it took little for him to stoke those embers into a flame fuelled by his clever manipulation of the media, who were more than happy to provide airtime to a "good value football charecter" enabling him to perpetuae his mythical status as the hard done by , "never done anything wrong in me life guv'nor", football manager.

The impact of Warnock's media manipulation seems to have forced Hackett into an apology to Palace, but by not apologising to City for being unwittingly dragged into this situation due to the referee's ineptitude, he has left us wide open to every accusation going. The whole club has now been labelled cheats, and that does not sit comfortably with me, and I'm sure all of you as well.

The irony of this situation is that Gary Johnson is one of very few managars who have done the right thing to correct a mistake on the pitch. I understand the confusion surrounding the reason why the goal was disallowed, and that this may be the reason that GJ accepted the referees decsion at the time. However, has it crossed anyopne else's mind that if Johnson did believe it was a genuine goal, then had been againts any other manager he would have demonstrated his true class by instructing his players to let the opposition score and do the right thing once more? Has Warnock ever wondered that he might just reap what he sows?

I agree with you, if we did start legal action over comments made by Crystal Palace there is no doubt in my mind that the media would be villifying us even further over taking action against poor old "victim" Neil Warnock.

But since we are already hated beacuse of his clever manipulation, I think we should go ahead, as not only is it principle, but if the FA agree with us and discipline Palace severely enough then maybe, just maybe it would prevent these two clowns from tearing another unsuspecting club to pieces.

Two very evil football men that need to be told to shut up imo.

This is where our celebrity supporters such as Mark Watson & JLC can help, by making fun of Warnock & Tango. Laughter & poking fun are very powerful weapons - remember the effect Spitting Image had on forming the public image of politicians.

They just need to regularly get the anti Warnock/Tango message over.

JLC, you're first up I believe, on Soccer AM this weekend!

Archived