IGNORED

Too Little Football Played

talksense

According to the match stats there were 47 fouls and 10 offsides on Saturday - add the corners and goal kicks, I would like to know how much actual football was played. You are probably talking about 80 stoppages in a match that lasts 90 odd minutes!

you will never get a pretty game of football when playing palarse they dont let you the only way you will get a result is by going toe to toe expect a totally different game tomorrow

but the referee didn't help saturday either he was too whistle happy

you will never get a pretty game of football when playing palarse they dont let you the only way you will get a result is by going toe to toe expect a totally different game tomorrow

but the referee didn't help saturday either he was too whistle happy

The ref did have a nightmare match.

Along with two genuine goals disallowed, he also turned down 2 blatent Bristol City penalties. A hand ball by a Palace player's outstretched hand and Sproule sandwiched/blocked off when running in the box. Earnshaw at Forest got a penalty for the exact same foul, you can see it on the SSN Championship highlights.

Dubious I know but the game either way should have been won by City so all good there.

As for the stoppages, it was frustrating but yea Palace play with intent for not allowing the other team to play. More cards should have also been given, the ref just didn't have control of the game.

Just glad we won it in the end!

I agree it was a very disjointed game, far too many stoppages.

That said, it was predictable that CP would get every 50/50 after the disallowed goal, and think this may have contributed to the amount of stoppages, especially in the second half.

The fact is even though there were a large amount of stoppages due to fouls I still wasn't satisfied with the amount being given our way, I thought the ref missed a great deal of Palarse fouls, particularly when their centre halfs were contesting the aerial balls and just jumping right over the back of us.

According to the match stats there were 47 fouls and 10 offsides on Saturday - add the corners and goal kicks, I would like to know how much actual football was played. You are probably talking about 80 stoppages in a match that lasts 90 odd minutes!

I think these statistics and the very style of Palace's goal (that never was), sum up Colin and everything that is wrong with football.

People stand up for him and say he's colourful, he adds to the game and football would be worse off without him, but actually I think the opposite is true. Football would be a much more beautiful place without Colin W*nker.

Colin's style of play is abysmal; the basic premise of his sides is "stop the other team playing using any means necessary - this includes fouling the opposition, then lump it forward to the big man/little man combination up front". If you saw their 'goal' on Saturday, you would see exactly what I mean. Speroni lumps it forward, Lee nods on to Sears who finishes.

And 47 fouls is a ridiculous total for a football match! It just shows how his teams bring the opposition down to his level and the game invariably end up becoming a farce. No-one is able to play entertaining or quality football and it becomes a battle of attrition, with the team making the fewest mistakes winning. Colin's teams hark back to the bad old days of Dave Bassett's Wimbledon and Graham Taylor's Watford, and how anyone could think this 'style' of play adds anything to the game is unbelievable.

This is discounting Colin's own previous record of gamesmanship, moaning and general nastiness. No wonder he is one of the most unpopular people within the game. The general feeling towards Colin from other manager's is a complete lack of respect.

At least he's 60 - he can't carry on for much longer.

I think these statistics and the very style of Palace's goal (that never was), sum up Colin and everything that is wrong with football.

People stand up for him and say he's colourful, he adds to the game and football would be worse off without him, but actually I think the opposite is true. Football would be a much more beautiful place without Colin W*nker.

Colin's style of play is abysmal; the basic premise of his sides is "stop the other team playing using any means necessary - this includes fouling the opposition, then lump it forward to the big man/little man combination up front". If you saw their 'goal' on Saturday, you would see exactly what I mean. Speroni lumps it forward, Lee nods on to Sears who finishes.

And 47 fouls is a ridiculous total for a football match! It just shows how his teams bring the opposition down to his level and the game invariably end up becoming a farce. No-one is able to play entertaining or quality football and it becomes a battle of attrition, with the team making the fewest mistakes winning. Colin's teams hark back to the bad old days of Dave Bassett's Wimbledon and Graham Taylor's Watford, and how anyone could think this 'style' of play adds anything to the game is unbelievable.

This is discounting Colin's own previous record of gamesmanship, moaning and general nastiness. No wonder he is one of the most unpopular people within the game. The general feeling towards Colin from other manager's is a complete lack of respect.

At least he's 60 - he can't carry on for much longer.

Archived