IGNORED

Jamie Mcallister

Robbo1980

"He often bangs on about having a refereeing qualification. Well, if he ever passed a refereeing exam he would need to officiate to keep his registration and I have never seen any evidence of that.

His complaints to referees are usually caused by his ignorance of the laws as well as irrational reactions to normal situations."

It was mentioned by someone in another thread (Edson?) that he has been asked to produce proof of his qualifications in the past but never has.

There are three parts to a refereeing qualification, part one covers the laws of the game, the second part covers more officiating specifics such as placement during the game and part three is an examination.

I wonder if he's just covered part one? Part one is intended for people that just want to learn more about the laws of the game and no more. There's no real 'qualification' for this and you can't officiate games.

If so, and he continues his claims that he is a qualified referee, the Referees Association should definitely release a very public statement refuting that he is registered as qualified with any of the member associations.

If anyone wants more info, by the way, it's pretty comprehensive here (I've erred slightly, they now have a fourth and fifth part, the 'probation period' with the rather scary sounding 'video analysis'...) and the 'in-service' training

The CRB check and 'child protection course' is new to me as well.

If you fancy giving refereeing a go, this is where to start!

http://www.footballreferee.org/become_referee.php

Sixty nine quid to train to be a ref and unremitting abuse from players on your day off... and players wonder why they are left saying "no ref today?" :rolleyes:

Archived