IGNORED

Superb Article About Colin

sh1t_ref_again

It was a good article... but it looks like the Express have taken it down now??

I wonder if a certain Orange person's lawyers got on the case - although I don't know why, he'd probably not pay them!!!!

Here is the text anyway (sorry Mods if copying text from a website infringes copyright)

THE sight of Neil Warnock trying to occupy the moral high ground is like watching a chimp in a dinner jacket. It may be amusing, but you know it’s not right.

Warnock’s Crystal Palace scored against Bristol City but the ball bounced back into play and referee Rob Shoebridge, who cannot have seen what happened, consulted an equally unsure assistant referee and then gave a goal-kick.

Warnock thought the opposition should have told the ref it was a goal. He refused to shake hands with any of them at the finish – I expect they are still devastated about that. Sermons on sportsmanship from Warnock are like lectures on chastity from a hooker.

This is the manager whose club once faced six FA charges from one game. Warnock’s Sheffield United were losing 3-0 against West Brom and had three players sent off. Having used all his subs, he took two more players off, citing injuries. As he knew, that meant the game had to be abandoned.

This is the charmer who supported Blades defender Chris Morgan after he fractured the skull of an opponent with his elbow, who was accused of sending a member of staff to listen to a rival manager’s team-talk and who used an ineligible player last season.

This is the man who was once sent to the stands for screaming from the touchline that he hoped one player broke his effing leg, and whose remarks to and about opposition players have enraged so many other managers that the common response to his misfortune this weekend was that it couldn’t happen to a more appropriate person.

Warnock’s fury was endorsed by the preposterous Palace chairman, Simon Jordan. The two of them have criticised referees so often and so intemperately that their combined efforts probably account for half the national shortage of qualified officials.

This time, as they wallow in their self-righteous indignation, they ignore an inconvenient truth: Bristol City also had a goal wrongly disallowed. It is crystal clear from the TV evidence that Paul Hartley was not offside.

Yet, despite all of the above, I would bring in goal-line technology tomorrow, if not sooner.

It will open Pandora’s box and eventually lead to video referees sitting in the stand using the technology for decisions about whether a foul was in the penalty area or a player was offside.

Goal-line technology will be only the start, but it must be used. It exists, and continuing to ignore it is Luddite.

I would not introduce it to help Warnock – he will always find reasons to bleat about real or imagined injustices.

I’d do it to help men like Shoebridge, a 31-year-old who has been refereeing since he was 13 and has now been suspended because of Saturday’s honest but damning mistake.

Warnock is a fine one to talk about sportsmanship, when he was manager of notts co, against the gas, a gas player swallowed his tonge, a rovers player kicked the ball out of play, when play restarted the notts co player, did`nt give the gas the ball or throw it kindly, instead straight to their own player who lumped it upfield, straight onto the head of their forward and into the net, i hasten to add, he did`nt let rovers walk the ball into their net either...

Warnock is a fine one to talk about sportsmanship, when he was manager of notts co, against the gas, a gas player swallowed his tonge, a rovers player kicked the ball out of play, when play restarted the notts co player, did`nt give the gas the ball or throw it kindly, instead straight to their own player who lumped it upfield, straight onto the head of their forward and into the net, i hasten to add, he did`nt let rovers walk the ball into their net either...

That happened ten years after he left the club...

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/carousel/ncfc/2000-09-09.html i guess

There getting rattled :laugh:

Originally Posted by Chobham Eagle

Read the horrible piece by the unpleasant Mick Dennis in today's Express. He's not necessarily siding with BC but it is very very anti-Warnock. A horrible piece of drivel.

Interestingly it has been removed from their website. I wonder why?

No its still there

http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/...Neil-So-do-you

So intent on rubbishing NW he's ignored the facts, spiteful little man

Bit more anti warnock. Dunno what paper it was in but i just took it off the pal arse forum

"With wonted prescience, meanwhile, Richard also told the Sunday Times, in an interview given before Crystal Palace were robbed of that goal at Bristol City, that he supports goal-line video technology. It's an ancient debate, this one, and I can take either position with equal passion depending on mood and alcoholic intake. On balance, though, best leave things as they are, because anything that hoists Neil Warnock to new heights of self-indulgent idiocy (replay the game forsooth!) must be applauded. As for Neil's chairman, Simon Tangerine' Jordan, his accusation that the opposition cheated by failing to own up to the ref it was a goal tweaks the heart strings. Who knew the Judith Chalmers tribute act was such a fan of the Corinthian spirit?"

Bit more anti warnock. Dunno what paper it was in but i just took it off the pal arse forum

"With wonted prescience, meanwhile, Richard also told the Sunday Times, in an interview given before Crystal Palace were robbed of that goal at Bristol City, that he supports goal-line video technology. It's an ancient debate, this one, and I can take either position with equal passion depending on mood and alcoholic intake. On balance, though, best leave things as they are, because anything that hoists Neil Warnock to new heights of self-indulgent idiocy (replay the game forsooth!) must be applauded. As for Neil's chairman, Simon Tangerine' Jordan, his accusation that the opposition cheated by failing to own up to the ref it was a goal tweaks the heart strings. Who knew the Judith Chalmers tribute act was such a fan of the Corinthian spirit?"

It's from the London Evening Standard:

Linkage.

if i was gj i would have those articles posted up in the dressing room

The journalist who wrote this piece, Mick Dennis, is a big Norwich fan and knows all about football in the real world (ie below the Prem). He is also a qualified Sunday League ref who hates managers and players always having a pop at officials.

The best thing the club - and supporters - can do now is keep a dignified low profile over the Palace Affair. We were lucky, let's not gloat, but also let's remember this when things do not go our way and let's not whinge about referees who make honest mistakes.

Archived