IGNORED

Do You Know I Feel Sorry For Throughout All This?

Red_Mat

I was just about to say the same thing.

The ball hit the stanchion flush, the rebound looked and sounded like it hit the post and the net didn't ripple or bulge. The linesman would only needed to have blinked at the wrong nanosecond and he'd of missed it going in.

One of the first things you learn as a ref is "if you can't see it, you can't give it."

This whole thing could be put to bed by the referees report stating there was an infringement.

This whole thing could be put to bed by the referees report stating there was an infringement.

Think it may be too late for that now though. Enough mud has been slung in our direction by the chuckle brothers that some of it is bound to stick.

If the referees report comes out now saying there was an infringement, then you can bet your life that Palace will come out and say "well they're just saying that now to cover themselves".

I take your point. However, Mr Shoebridge is a crap ref who has put in poor performances whilst reffing City previously. I said "Oh no, it's him" to my son as he led the teams out on Saturday - I didn't know his name then, but I'll never forget it now.

In my opinion, he's one of the poorest refs operating in the Championship (his second half performance on Saturday was abysmal) and he should not officiate at this level.

If he has had two or three poor performances whilst in charge of us, does that qualify him to be "one of the poorest refs operating in the Championship"?

I'm sure any one of our players has had two or three poor performances against the same opposition, would that automatically make them the same? (Insert your own Lee Johnson gags here please folks!)

I dont feel sorry for the ref. he was terrible on saturday. And at least the flak he is getting is his OWN fault

Bristol City are being branded as cheats because of him!

honest mistake maybe, but WE are getting the flak - and thats not fair!

my stance is the ref should be allowed to come out after the game and put his side of what happened across to the media because that didn't happen it has all got out of hand everyone sticks there 50p worth in without knowing the full facts of the matter

lets try and forget what has happened and in the words of mrs smith lets be having you get behind the team tonight

I dont feel sorry for the ref. he was terrible on saturday. And at least the flak he is getting is his OWN fault

Bristol City are being branded as cheats because of him!

honest mistake maybe, but WE are getting the flak - and thats not fair!

I think that you have got this wrong. The referee has turned up to do a job. Without such people we would have no game to watch. He was never going to get every decision right, they never do but they still turn up week after week.

The reason we are getting the flak as you say, has nothing to do with the ref doing his job. The reason we are getting all this flak is because Mr Warnock and Mr Jordon are not prepared to accept the refs decision.

I think a lot of the blame has to go to Keith Hackett. I'm very disappointed in the way he's handled this.

His actions in immediately jumping to the same conclusion as the media and apologising to Warnock undermined the referee and also reflected badly on City.

If he'd acted more sensibly and taken time to wait for the dust to settle and the various reports to be submitted then City wouldn't be the villains and the referee would only be seen to have (possibly) wrongly disallowed a goal, not missed one completely. Of course Warnock still wouldn't be happy but then he never is.

Archived