IGNORED

City Vs Qpr

Tim S

Just left game. Those bloody 7mins! Maynard what a strike. Bit to much whoosh ball 2nd half, haynes shouldhave scored 1 or 2 tonight. Poor bloody velicka, went down like a sack of s***. looks like his knee went. Defended well if not a bit panicy at end, fair plays dean gerkin too for that last gasp stop. Super result boys and I think maynard will get 20 this season. Hartly chased everything. Well done boys, some great football at times and that was one of those games where last year it would have ended 1-1! 7 from 9. Roll on Cardiff

The bloke reading out the final scores on Sky Sports News is approaching the task with as much enthusiasm as someone that's just been asked to blow Gordon Brown.

he sounds like the same bloke whos been reading em out for the last 20 years, on sky, bbc, itv and anywhere else. suppose if i did the same thing for 20 years ide sound as deflated as he does.

2 home cleansheets for gerken, the makeshift centreback combinations and the new 3-5-2 formation.

great news hopefully we can continue to be miserly just like last season but with a bit of added quality at the other end to turn 0-0's into 1-0's

2 very tough games to come next

will appreciae any reviews as i couldnt make it tonight

great first half best ive seen city play ever very poor second half we never really got going just a few counter attacks thankfully one payed off great ball from lj to clarkson who layed it off for maynard

on a side note hope velicka is ok looked really nasty possibly knee ligaments

Thoroughly deserved win for first half alone, should've been 3 up at HT. Haynes amazing pace just lacks a bit of composure.

McAllister & Hartley played really well, not sure why Macca was taken off, possibly GJ wanted to put someone on Routledge.

Red army for about 15 mins in EE, incredibly loud. The game seemed to be going on with the sound turned down.

Just got back from the match.

What a game!! If we play like that every week I'll be delighted, win or not. We were barely recognisable from what was a fairly average performance against Palace at the weekend.

MoM for me was Haynes - the guy just did not stop running, forwards when we had the ball and backwards to pressure QPR. Basically he seems to me to be everything Sproule should be.

It's a little early to judge yet, but Haynes & Maynard seem to be developing a very good partnership upfront.

QPR are no mugs either and showed they were perfectly capable of playing very good football themselves, so tonight was an excellent result.

Gerkin pulled off an outstanding save near the end to keep it 1-0 but frankly, had that gone in it would have been a travesty based on the performance. From what I've seen of him so far he seems to be an excellent shot stopper, although I'm yet to be convinced he commands his area well enough on crosses.

We had to weather a bit of QPR pressure for the first 10-15 minutes of the second half, but all teams will have spells in the game they are on top.

There really can be only one negative from tonight and that's the cruel injury our new guy sustained a whole 5 minutes into his début - everything else was superb.

Oh and one last thing, someone earlier in this thread mentioned Clarkson had a poor game? I couldn't really disagree more with that comment - he was outstanding in the hole and looked very clever both on and off the ball.

:city:

Archived