IGNORED

My Man Of The Match

bridgwaterEd

hard to pick anyone out 1st half, best we've played in along time, 2nd half Nya...g and Fonts did well and in the last 5 mins Gerkin top drawer save, but would probably just about give it to Hartley cool and composed on the ball rarely gave it away

Yeh Gerken has quickly put all the worries and tribulations of basso behind us, looks solid.

Whilst I agree Hartley did well, I honestly thought Bradley was our best player - Really settling in to his new role.

Played well 2nd half,especially defensively, but I thought he struggled a bit going forward first half, ran the ball out of play thrice.

im biging up boom and nyantanga mccombe has came in for a bit of stick on here and was superb throughout the 90 mins tonight along with nyantanga

hartley was/is class and was probably mom but what a stupid yellow card he picked up right at the death

Played well 2nd half,especially defensively, but I thought he struggled a bit going forward first half, ran the ball out of play thrice.

I thought he was poor to be honest, for the 3rd game in a row. He's not good enough going forward to be taken seriously as a wing-back in my opinion.

Funny how people see the game differently?

Hartley was quality tonight. Pure class.

Just a little something that i noticed about him... Whenever we have a free kick he is always the first to pick up the ball and every time, is attempting to take a quick free quick. It nearly paid off with that quick through ball to LJ. You mark my words, we'll bag a few goals this season through that tactic.

Gerken - Excellent.

Haynes - Great first half.

Without doubt our squad is much improved over last year.

One other thing about tonight's game... Marvin Elliot gave the ball away far too often tonight without a groan to be heard. LJ comes on, was having a good game, gave the ball away once and there are groans all round. Same old same old.

Anyway.. Quality evening.

Hartley was quality tonight. Pure class.

Just a little something that i noticed about him... Whenever we have a free kick he is always the first to pick up the ball and every time, is attempting to take a quick free quick. It nearly paid off with that quick through ball to LJ. You mark my words, we'll bag a few goals this season through that tactic.

Gerken - Excellent.

Haynes - Great first half.

Without doubt our squad is much improved over last year.

One other thing about tonight's game... Marvin Elliot gave the ball away far too often tonight without a groan to be heard. LJ comes on, was having a good game, gave the ball away once and there are groans all round. Same old same old.

Anyway.. Quality evening.

i noticed that about lj i shouted come on get on his back he gave the ball away once :disapointed2se::disapointed2se::disapointed2se::disapointed2se:

i noticed that about lj i shouted come on get on his back he gave the ball away once :disapointed2se::disapointed2se::disapointed2se::disapointed2se:

To be fair I was one of many who moaned when LJ came on I'll admit it mostly because I wanted Akinde to come on even instead of Velicka. so was more suprised than anything else. But he had a big hand in the goal gave a really good ball to clarkson who layed it off to Maynard.

Back on topic my man of the match was Nyantanga outstanding match really impressed closely followed by haynes and Hartely.

tonight was the first time I thought we finally have a team who could win more than a couple of games in a higher league.

Gerken - solid, not troubled in the first half, match winning save x 2 in the second. Easily good enough alternative to Basso.

Orr - solid display, did his job

Boom Boom - still a bit like bambi, but won everyhting in the air

Nyatanga - carey who? excellent, composed, great touch, always time on the ball

McCombe - unlike many, I really like him, his distribution much better, perhaps cos McIndoe no longer around?

Scuse - was good at breaking up their attacks before he went off early

Hartley - best player I have seen at the gate in 11 years of watching. Cross between Tins & Tommy Doc, full of heart and a proper leader. But a silly yellow at the end. Hope he stays fit.

Clarkson - Kept thinking it was Guy Ritchie, played a mature game for a 23 year old, plenty of bite and not afraid to take a shot.

Marvin - solid, normally would have shon against last seasons midfield, but this season has better company so just got on with it

Haynes & Maynard - if I was a QPR defender I would have been crapping myself all game. I think these two could fire us to the prem this season. Pace, confidence, skill, and signs of working as a great striking partnership

Subs

Fonts - Ok but the team wasnt as good after Scuse went off

Johnson - put on the left wing, did OK but not sure he has a long term at our club

Velicka - looked OK in the first 20 seconds, but then tragedy struck

First half better than second. If we can play like we did in the first half for the rest of the season, we could be in a for a great season. The true test will come against the better teams, but I really believe this year!

First time I have seen this squad and I was impressed. Agree that Hartley was MOM for me - no only for his play but he was a real leader on the pitch with others looking to him all the time.

Really liked the look of BoomBoom and Nyatanga at the back for the first 75 minutes (not sure anyone knew what they were supposed to be doing after the enforced sub!)

Really pleased to see Haynes chasing his heart of in the first half to harry the defence.

Great finish by Nicky for the goal and a couple of good saves from Ooooh Deano after long periods of inactivity.

Couple of nice touches from Clarkson but tbh I think there is more to come from him.

So lots and lots of +'s. My only comment (not a criticism but...) we pumped a lot forward and lots the first header 90% of the time. NM, DH et al are not going to fulfil their potential with this type of service so we need to choose: a) invest in the illusive target man to lob it up to or b) get it up to our frontmen to run on to through the clever pass

Very pleased with what I saw - cheers lads.

First time I have seen this squad and I was impressed. Agree that Hartley was MOM for me - not only for his play but he was a real leader on the pitch with others looking to him all the time.

Really liked the look of BoomBoom and Nyatanga at the back for the first 75 minutes (not sure anyone knew what they were supposed to be doing after the enforced sub!)

Really pleased to see Haynes chasing his heart of in the first half to harry the defence.

Great finish by Nicky for the goal and a couple of good saves from Ooooh Deano after long periods of inactivity.

Couple of nice touches from Clarkson but tbh I think there is more to come from him.

So lots and lots of +'s. My only comment (not a criticism but...) we pumped a lot forward and lost the first header 90% of the time. NM, DH et al are not going to fulfil their potential with this type of service so we need to choose: a) invest in the illusive target man to lob it up to or b) get it up to our frontmen to run on to through the clever pass

Very pleased with what I saw - cheers lads.

BCFC Man of match - Hartley

MOM - Wayne Routledge - played quality, some unbelievable bits of skill and was always getting past Jamie Mac

There were a lot of good players on the pitch yesterday and QPR's Routledge was class. For me it was a choice between Maynard (goal), Gerkin (save) and Hartley (midfield commander). I'd have gone for Gerkin as MOM due to his miracle save shortly after Maynard's goal - Gerkin stood up well to the oncoming QPR forward to make a fantastic save from what should have been the QPR equalizer.

For me McCallister and Orr have been asked to do 2 completley new roles to what they are used to and they are both doing great job and getting better and better.

Haynes was fantastic I can't remember when I have seen a forward run from one side of the pitch to the other and back again to harrass their defence that was really good,

But for me my MOM was mcCallister he is looking an international player and is delivering some lovely balls into the box.

Against Palace it is never a footballing game, It is more of a physical game which isn't one of our strong points and even tho it's not pretty we showed we can adapt to them sort of games. Tonight was more of a footballing game which is what we do best, We dominated teh first half and how we didn't go in at half time 3 nil up I don't know. Second half we looked to have run out of ideas slightly and QPR looked buoyed after there half time talk and showed they wanted the 3 points and looked dangerous. I personally feel the game had 0-0 written all over it until Maynard popped up. No disrespect to Maynard but I personally hate it when the winning goal scorer is given MOTM because he scored.

I thought once again Hartley was excellent and just gets better and better with every game. Orr looks like he is starting to get used to his new role and made some vital interceptions in the 2nd half, Haynes was dangerous and is looking a good astute peice of buisness.

Archived