IGNORED

Vs Qpr Ratings

ChubStixx

Gerken - Was kept on his toes but didn't have to make too many saves. Made one goal-saving stop when QPR went through one-on-one to preserve our lead. 8

McAllister - Did very well but didn't push forward as often as you'd expect a wing-back to. Perhaps he was under instruction to hold back though. 7

Nyatanga - Solid. He's only 20 but he plays beyond his years. Strong, composed and passed well. 7

McCombe - Typical performance from the big man. Makes me feel uneasy when he receives the ball. Too many aimless punts. 6

Skuse - Very good performance. As well as i've seen him play for a long time. Seemed to play just in front of the other two centre-backs and it worked well. Made some good tackles and swept up any loose balls. Went off early for reasons unknown. 7

Orr - Did well defensively. Much improved on his Crystal Palace display. 6

Elliott - Played well. Was here, there and everywhere. Got forward often and was useful in the air as always. Seemed to fade as the game went on. 7

Hartley - Distribution was good, from corners and otherwise. Generally went about his job well and got stuck in. 7

Clarkson - Battled well. Seemed to get dragged into the midfield far too often to make him an effective forward presence. He also went for 'goal of the season' but it didn't come offf. Would appear to be a good acquisition. 6

Haynes - Tireless performance. Plenty of closing down, notably during the 1st half when he decided to close down the QPR defence and earned a round of applause. Had 2 or 3 very good chances that on another day he would have scored. Very fast. Very promising. 8

Maynard - Didn't work as hard as Haynes, but scored the winning goal with an excellent shot. 8

Subs

Fontaine - Solid performance. Replaced Skuse early on. 7

Velicka - No rating. Was only on for a number of minutes before he was injured during an inoccuous challenge and had to be stretchered off.

Johnson - Replaced Velicka late on and fitted in seamlessly. 6

Nyatanga - Solid. He's only 20 but he plays beyond his years. Strong, composed and passed well. 7

21 today!! Nice way to celebrate it, could have been even better but for a header off the line.

I think you're being unduly harsh on McCombe tonight - I thought he had one of his better games for us. :)

21 today!! Nice way to celebrate it, could have been even better but for a header off the line.

I think you're being unduly harsh on McCombe tonight - I thought he had one of his better games for us. :)

same here they were both class at the back tonight mccombe didn't try to many hopeless passes forward he was more content passing it around the defence

Gerkin 7: Didn't have a great deal to do but came to our rescue when needed, a sign of a good goalie.

Orr 7: Got forward well and possibly ran the most out of everyone.

Skuse 6: Did nothing wrong but needs to get these niggly injuries sorted.

McCombe 8: A vastly improved display from the big man. Won everything in the air and Aygemang barely had a touch.

Nyatanga 7: Another solid display from a guy who is looking a bargain at £500k.

McAllister 7: Quiet game but some decent set pieces that led to good chances.

Elliot 8: Best performance from him for a while I although he allowed the QPR midfield to pass through us too many times in the second half.

Hartley 6: Downgraded to a 6 because I expected better, too many misplaced passes.

Clarkson 7: Taking a little time to adjust to a new position but he battled well and I've no doubt he'll turn out to be a good signing. Would have been a 6 but set up the goal.

Haynes 8: A real livewire, hopefully he can start showing some composure but the crowd love him.

Maynard 8: Possibly the hardest to mark because he can be quiet in games but has turned out to be the match winner 3 times in a row. Almost starting to look a bargain. Has real quality when on the ball.

Subs:

Fontaine 7: Did what you expect from a player of his calibre.

Velicka 6: Not on long enough, one good run though. Unlucky mate.

Johnson 7: Will become a more popular figure if he comes up with cameo's like tonight.

Fans: 4 for numbers- where has everyone gone. 8 for atmosphere- very impressive.

Gerkin 7: Didn't have a great deal to do but came to our rescue when needed, a sign of a good goalie.

Orr 7: Got forward well and possibly ran the most out of everyone.

Skuse 6: Did nothing wrong but needs to get these niggly injuries sorted.

McCombe 8: A vastly improved display from the big man. Won everything in the air and Aygemang barely had a touch.

Nyatanga 7: Another solid display from a guy who is looking a bargain at £500k.

McAllister 7: Quiet game but some decent set pieces that led to good chances.

Elliot 8: Best performance from him for a while I although he allowed the QPR midfield to pass through us too many times in the second half.

Hartley 6: Downgraded to a 6 because I expected better, too many misplaced passes.

Clarkson 7: Taking a little time to adjust to a new position but he battled well and I've no doubt he'll turn out to be a good signing. Would have been a 6 but set up the goal.

Haynes 8: A real livewire, hopefully he can start showing some composure but the crowd love him.

Maynard 8: Possibly the hardest to mark because he can be quiet in games but has turned out to be the match winner 3 times in a row. Almost starting to look a bargain. Has real quality when on the ball.

Subs:

Fontaine 7: Did what you expect from a player of his calibre.

Velicka 6: Not on long enough, one good run though. Unlucky mate.

Johnson 7: Will become a more popular figure if he comes up with cameo's like tonight.

Fans: 4 for numbers- where has everyone gone. 8 for atmosphere- very impressive.

Glad I'm not the only one who wasn't that impressed by Hartley. Many are quoting him as MOM but I don't see it yet - are they judging his reputation?

Glad I'm not the only one who wasn't that impressed by Hartley. Many are quoting him as MOM but I don't see it yet - are they judging his reputation?

I think the default thoughts of most people on here is Elliot and Hartley are amazing no matter what. Hartley didn't have a bad game but neither was he man of the match.

My first game of the season, and I think Clarkson and Maynard stood out for me.

However, Man of the Match for me today was Haynes - how hard does that kid work for his team?! He was everywhere - chasing everything down. Top class.

Disappointed in McCombe - although he did not play badly - someone really should tell him we got rid of Adebola over the summer...

I think the default thoughts of most people on here is Elliot and Hartley are amazing no matter what. Hartley didn't have a bad game but neither was he man of the match.

I think Hartley was MoM for his endeavour and leadership on the field. Was always one step ahead and looking to keep the pace of the game going. If you think about our midfield for the last couple of years, this one seems a cut above to me. That said, I have seen Elliot play better but was solid. For me:

Gerkin - 7

Orr - 6

BoomBoom - 7

Nyatanga - 7

Skuse - 6

(Fontaine - 6)

McAllister - 6

Hartley - 8

Clarkson - 6

Elliott - 7

Haynes - 7

Maynard - 7