IGNORED

Has To Be Said - The Ref Last Night...

sdc1978

I thought after everything that has happened recently, the ref last night was spot on - just what we needed.

Very good game and well officiated by him and his assistants - well done to them and everyone who was there who really got behind the team, perfect 3 points - lovely jubbly! :)

Very horse today!

I agree. I thought the ref did well, and that reminds me, was Haynes inside the area or not when he was running towards the East End and got brought down???

My initial reaction was outside the box. Same again in the second. Referee was indeed excellent after Saturday's joker.

Totally agree - one of the best we have had at Ashton for a very long time. Refereed with a smile and was not whistle happy. Also not a "name".

I have heard that he also had a quiet word with someone in the vicinity of our bench that if Jamie Mac brought down Routledge one more time he would have no alternative than to reach for his pocket AGAIN - Therefore GJ quickly got him off??? If so THANKS ref - You are welcome any time.

I have heard that he also had a quiet word with someone in the vicinity of our bench that if Jamie Mac brought down Routledge one more time he would have no alternative than to reach for his pocket AGAIN - Therefore GJ quickly got him off??? If so THANKS ref - You are welcome any time.

I hope that's true, more commonsense refereeing is exactly what we need in English football.

Unfortunately I know a guy who used to be a referee and he says commonsense decision making is somewhat frowned upon by the FA :noexpression:

I hope that's true, more commonsense refereeing is exactly what we need in English football.

Unfortunately I know a guy who used to be a referee and he says commonsense decision making is somewhat frowned upon by the FA :noexpression:

Common sense should overrule every other rule!

You see it in every other sport ala Rugby and Cricket.

Guest MaloneFM

Referee: Mr P Gibbs

Assistants: Mr H W Lennard & S J Phipps

Fourth Official: Mr S J Barrow

Phil Gibbs from the West Midlands will take charge of his first QPR game on Tuesday night against Bristol City.

The official has been in the business since 1993 but was only promoted to the national list of referees in 2008 after several years taking charge in the Conference.

He got his first taste of Conference football in 2003 when he oversaw Hereford United`s 5-1 win over Forest Green Rovers. The very next game he dished out his first red card when Accrington`s Paul Cook was sent off in their 1-0 victory over Scarborough.

After four more seasons battling away with non-league football he finally broke into the Football League in the 2008-09 season, predominantly taking charge of League Two fixtures.

During the season he was given more responsibility in League One before taking charge of his one and only Championship fixture to date - Swansea`s thumping home win over Preston North End (4-1).

He caused controversy in a League One fixture between Bristol Rovers and Millwall when he sent off two players Gary Alexander (Millwall) and Steve Elliott (Rovers), the former a straight red for handball being rescinded on appeal.

So far this season he has wasted no time in going to his book once again, sending off Rochdale`s Nathan Stanton for a professional foul, despite not being the last man when fouling Aldershot`s Marvin Morgan.

The fixture against Bristol City marks his second Championship test in six years of officiating, which speaks volumes for the confidence that the hierarchy have in the official.

Good lad Gibbo! :dancing6:

Archived