IGNORED

Red Army

The Dolman Pragmatist

I'm sure I'll be shot down in flames on this one...

10 out of 10 for stating the bleedin obvious.

Anyway, as someone else has said, at one point, when the EE were in full voice and QPR tried to start up some singing of their own, they were completely drowned out by the Dolman and Atyeo (and the Williams?) helping the EE out.

QPR shut up and you didnt hear another word out of them.

(I registered their first song on 32 minutes, incidentally).

So, our lads at that point were thinking, "bloody East End and Ashton Gate, wish they'd be quiet and let us concentrate on our game"???

10 out of 10 for stating the bleedin obvious.

Anyway, as someone else has said, at one point, when the EE were in full voice and QPR tried to start up some singing of their own, they were completely drowned out by the Dolman and Atyeo (and the Williams?) helping the EE out.

QPR shut up and you didnt hear another word out of them.

(I registered their first song on 32 minutes, incidentally).

So, our lads at that point were thinking, "bloody East End and Ashton Gate, wish they'd be quiet and let us concentrate on our game"???

Im sorry but whoever started this topic is quite obviously stupid. GJ constantly asks us for support. You could argue that even Sjoke stayed up because of their support!? An atmosphere helps lots! When English teams play in Fenerbahce for example they struggle to get to grips because of the atmosphere!

Im sorry but whoever started this topic is quite obviously stupid. GJ constantly asks us for support. You could argue that even Sjoke stayed up because of their support!? An atmosphere helps lots! When English teams play in Fenerbahce for example they struggle to get to grips because of the atmosphere!

You can say that again! A completly pointless thread. Im just baffled somebody can moan about the atmosphre on tuesday, some clubs could only dream of having an EE..

Thank God the majority of city fans dont have the same attitude as the thread starter!!!

Thought the atmosphere in there was amazing last night, best it has been in ages. The Red Army chant was excellent, I think it was a big help that we had 2 drums in action yesterday as it kept the chant going at both ends of the stand.

they are two drums nows :noexpression: oh my days i hated having one

They did wolf, all parts of the ground chanting red army - except of course us lot near the director's box - was excellent.

The drink up thy cider song- far too fast slow it down and bounce a little less.

Eastenders are the atmosphere and long may it encourage scenes of last night.

RED ARMY.

agree, i dont know why but with every song we sing, it like race to end to see who can finish first, by the time some have drink up thee cider people by the net have finished.

just sing slower, it would sound alot better

as for this oringal post, you have to be joking???

problem at the moment, is the person on the drum....
I was thinking the other night in foreign countries the drummer controls the speed of the songs with the drum however at City the drummer bangs it along to the speed of the songs in which way it makes me think why have the drum if your not going to use it properly?

Quote from QPR forum - "Fair play to the City fans to the right of us last night, they didn't shut up once and kept a chance on "Red Army" going for a good 20 minutes during the second half."

www.wearetherangersboys.com/forum/showthread.php?t=26370

problem at the moment, is the person on the drum....

I was thinking the other night in foreign countries the drummer controls the speed of the songs with the drum however at City the drummer bangs it along to the speed of the songs in which way it makes me think why have the drum if your not going to use it properly?

i dont think they even got a drum stick?

i think they bang it for the sake of banging

I agree with the comment elsewhere that bouncing around the ground while one of your players is probably seriously injured is insensitive to say the least. I also wonder whether the incessant chanting of 'red army' in the second half did us any favours. It seemed to coincide with our worst period of play and I can't speak for the players, but it really got on my nerves. I don't know whether it indicates support to the players - to me, it was just an constant barrage of meaningless noise that was distracting and irritating. I would like to see players encouraged in what they are doing on the field, so you need a build-up of need at critical points, such as free-kicks and corners, or when the team gets into a threatening position. 'Red army' is actually a rubbish phrase and seems to say more about the fans than the players and it strikes me that it has all the effects of a mexican wave in conveying enthusiasm for the game to the players.

I'm sure I'll be shot down in flames on this one...

You will be. QPR fans said our fans were some of they best theyve heard for a while. If THEY commented favourably.....

i dont think they even got a drum stick?

i think they bang it for the sake of banging

I sat in the EE for the Wolves game pre-season and I believe the drummer was using an empty Fanta bottle! (without a lid, of course!)

Have to say though, with regards to the chant, I thought it was fantastic and created an electric atmosphere all around the ground at a vital point in the game. Visually, it looked brilliant from the Atyeo and I really hope we see it in many games to come, both home and away and especially at Baadiff! Good work all those in the EE....keep it up! :chant6ez:

For me 'Red Army' entered my own personal folklore on a crazy Tuesday night in 1989 v. Forest in the Littlewoods Cup - all I can remember is hearing the chant start just after half time & continuing in a relentless fashion getting louder & louder until Paul Mardon thumped the ball home following a Walshy shuffle & cross.

To this day I will not be persuaded to believe anything other than that the forest players were so intimidated by 9,000 odd City fans singing this in unison - goosepimples just remembering 89 minutes of that night.

Archived