IGNORED

Give Clisty a go

Guest paigntonred

Guest paigntonred

Clisty has shown us his desire to play for us. Surely his presence will raise the work-rate in midfield and at least start to break down these second rate defences. Give him a go Danny.

Simon clist defo deserves his chance. Good to see danny added him to the squad for last sunday, but asshame that he only got about 3 minutes on the pitch. Espically in a game like that, deserves at least 30 mins max.

His goal ratio is great, our midfields, manage about 4 goals in 46 games each, less than that. :clap:

Clisty has shown us his desire to play for us

Anyone who has watched him in the reserves will tell you how wrong you are. Simon when he can be bothered is a VERY good player. But he has done himself no favors at all with his lathargic performances for the reserves time and again.

Robin Hulbert is the opposite, Always looks like he enjoys his football no matter what the level and if the manager is looking to reward anyone for there attitude its him.

I've got to admit I never used to be a Clist fan because I dont think he does enough to win the ball and was easily knocked off it.

HOWEVER, in those respects he's no different from Luke Wilkshire and he has the advantage of knowing how to score goals.

So my suggestion is this - why not play Clist while Wilkshire is off on holiday with the Australia squad and see how he gets on ?

Too right, Beezey. Someone saying that they're keen to reclaim their place is enough to pick them now then, is it?

Clist has done nothing in the reserves and was so impressive at Torquay last season that they don't want him back even though he's on a free.

I guess the conversation with Danny probably went something along the lines of "you make no contribution away from home and are lightweight, so you're dropped".

By the way his actual record in the league for us is 6 goals in 70 games, not exactly one in four, is it?

Yes, Clisty should be in the squad and fighting for a place but unfortunately it appears there is more chance of Lee Matthews being selected for the British Olymipc gymnastics squad given Mr Wilson's propensity to hold a grudge.

Reply to RedTop

I think this apparent Wilson/Clist grudge is well out of order given that the club is suffering over it. Clist is needed in midfield and Wilson will not play him?

Talk to Sheff Weds fans about Wilson's relationship with their then top players - Di Canio & Carbone etc. If I was seen to have that kind of unproffessional grudge against fellow staff in my work place I'd be given my P45. Yet another flaw exposed in the Wilson managerial make-up.

Clisty has shown us his desire to play for us

Anyone who has watched him in the reserves will tell you how wrong you are. Simon when he can be bothered is a VERY good player. But he has done himself no favors at all with his lathargic performances for the reserves time and again.

Robin Hulbert is the opposite, Always looks like he enjoys his football no matter what the level and if the manager is looking to reward anyone for there attitude its him.

Quite agree here.

When i have seen Hulbert play he really does show true desire and puts his all into giving a good performance. Clisty however is the opposite. I'm not doubting that when he puts the effort in he is a good player, but when he cant be bothered he is pretty damn awful.

Always rated Hulbert above Clisty and i believe there really is a talent going to waste in Robin :clap:

Guest Bootylicious

Id definately give Clisty a go.

He obviously has the talent to play in the second division (as shown last season or season before?!), so why not give him a go.

At a time when goals are hard to come by and Clist was our highest scoring midfielder (bar Murray and Tins) last season (or was it the season before?), why not bloody try him! It might have only been 6 goals, but its 6 more than our current midfield have.

Dam Wilson! :Rage:

I dont know if I have actually missed something but when did this falling out occure ? I know people mention it all the time but is it just assumed that Danny is to quote "letting petty diferences with a player get in the way of the teams success " or have I forgotten an incident between the pair ?

If they has been no falling out you have to ask yourself why Simon has not pushed on from 2 seasons ago when he was rightly voted young player of the year.

As I have already stated on this thread his performances in the stiffs has been poor to say the least so he has done himself no favors there and you have to wonder if he is putting any effort into training as well. Having seen him plenty of times in the reserves he always strikes me as a player going through the motions.

Perhaps Wilson doesnt pick Simon because of footballing reasons ? Its not always because of a falling out.

What kind of message would picking a player who has made no effort in reserves games for the last 12 months send out to younger players pushing for a squad place??

Archived