IGNORED

Loftforwords Comments On The Atmosphere...

Evy11_BCFC

4 - Atmosphere

Probably the best I have experienced at a standard Championship match for a good few years. QPR travelled in good numbers and backed their team sporadically and usually that would have been enough to comprehensively outsing the home support which tends to be quiet at most grounds. Not so at Ashton gate where the Bristol City fans made a hell of a noise during the second half in particular, continuing a Red Army chant for a good 20 minutes even when QPR were in the ascendancy and generating noise from two or three areas of the stadium. The fans to the extreme right of the away end were the most vociferous. Loftus Road could easily be like this if we wanted it to be - the City fans were a real 12th man for their team.

8/10

The whole article can be found here;

http://www.clubfanzine.com/QPR/v2.showNews.php?id=26120

Nice to see more positive comments about the atmposhere at Ashton Gate.

4 - Atmosphere

Probably the best I have experienced at a standard Championship match for a good few years. QPR travelled in good numbers and backed their team sporadically and usually that would have been enough to comprehensively outsing the home support which tends to be quiet at most grounds. Not so at Ashton gate where the Bristol City fans made a hell of a noise during the second half in particular, continuing a Red Army chant for a good 20 minutes even when QPR were in the ascendancy and generating noise from two or three areas of the stadium. The fans to the extreme right of the away end were the most vociferous. Loftus Road could easily be like this if we wanted it to be - the City fans were a real 12th man for their team.

8/10

But i thought that twenty minutes of non-stop support for our team hinders our performace!? ;)

That was one of the best atmospheres at the gate for some time! Support from all home stands and at times the Dolman F&G where I was sat were in full voice! EE sounded the best I have heard since the return to that end!

I think this coincided with our best home display since the first 4-5 games back in CCC.

What an enjoyable read from "Clive Whittingham" as is his match report. Hope the QPR fans appreciate it, do we have anyone similar?

Yea Bristol Boy, whatever happened to him or were his comments sometimes just too much or too critical for the club?

4 - Atmosphere

8/10

thought the whole article was very good unbiased piece from start to finish

Listening to the game, the home support was loud - very loud.

It's a cliche but the crowd really are the 12th man - all players say so, the home crowd are part of the team.

Haynes missed two one on ones, but the crowd felt it as much as he did when he missed and got behind him rather than just groaned.

That lad is desparate to score - he'll go into orbit when he does.

But the support has been first class despite the low attendances.

Well we better hope that the crowd make no difference to the team on Sunday!

Can hardly imagine a rousing atmosphere from 800 or so!

Archived