IGNORED

Team Has Gone Backwards Since Last Season

redrebel

I have not been to a live game yet so impressions of how City have been playing have come from this forum.What a shock then to watch the rubbish served up by GJ today.How will the team set up with no target man ever perform.Dion Dublin summed it up when at half time he said that City were still playing as if Adebola was up front.But poor old Maynard and Haynes who would thrive feeding off of a good target man were having to try to win the ball in air.I can't see what is going on in GJ's mind at the moment.I have read about Hartley contrlloing games and spraying passes all over the place.But he looked slow and laboured with lack of any sharpness in passing or play.Clarkson was out of his depth.And the dissapointment to see Lee Johnson played ahead of Gavin Williams just proves once again that ability and the needs of the team are secondary in making sure Little Lee always plays in Dad's team.

Well done to Dean Gherkin though he had a fantastic game.Finally I would say that Cardiff have made signings and look a better team we have made signings and look worse than last year and the year before that.How can that be.

I have not been to a live game yet so impressions of how City have been playing have come from this forum.What a shock then to watch the rubbish served up by GJ today.How will the team set up with no target man ever perform.Dion Dublin summed it up when at half time he said that City were still playing as if Adebola was up front.But poor old Maynard and Haynes who would thrive feeding off of a good target man were having to try to win the ball in air.I can't see what is going on in GJ's mind at the moment.I have read about Hartley contrlloing games and spraying passes all over the place.But he looked slow and laboured with lack of any sharpness in passing or play.Clarkson was out of his depth.And the dissapointment to see Lee Johnson played ahead of Gavin Williams just proves once again that ability and the needs of the team are secondary in making sure Little Lee always plays in Dad's team.

Well done to Dean Gherkin though he had a fantastic game.Finally I would say that Cardiff have made signings and look a better team we have made signings and look worse than last year and the year before that.How can that be.

Wondered how long it would take..... one loss guys come on. Cardiff were good and we were far below par. We can do better.

Two back-to-back home games next lets show them we still believe in them at Carlisle and try get a big win for confidence against Boro.

If we win the next two suddenly wel be fighting for automatics for some people on here.

Don't get too carried away when you win and dont get so down when we lose.

:englandsmile4wf::englandsmile4wf::englandsmile4wf:ALWAYS BELIEVE :englandsmile4wf::englandsmile4wf::englandsmile4wf:

Talk about an over the top knee jerk reaction, if you'd seen our 1st half against Qpr you'd be saying we were certs for the champions league!!!

A bad day at the office, nothing more, nothing less.

Talk about an over the top knee jerk reaction, if you'd seen our 1st half against Qpr you'd be saying we were certs for the champions league!!!

A bad day at the office, nothing more, nothing less.

I agree you were obviously unfortunate for that to have been your first live game, mine was QPR where it was a whole different story, we had a bad day and they were on form thats all...

Well said that man how can some one who hasent been to a game coment on city who had at least 3 4 players out :disapointed2se:

Number 1, he saw the game on sky,

Number2, Cardiff had as many if not more players out

True. But i wouldnt be surpried if the original poster didn't go to a game last season meaning he can't really compare.

We were poor, get over it. Roll on Wednesday.

I`ve got nothing to get over; I can live with the fact we wont be going up this time; and roll on Wednesday; win or lose matters not.

What a load of old cock.

Posting such a polarised view when you haven't even managed to watch a game is ludicrous.

The team has done fine without a target man and would not have looked better with one today, our weakness was in our defence and lack of width.

I`ve got nothing to get over; I can live with the fact we wont be going up this time; and roll on Wednesday; win or lose matters not.

4 games in and youv decided we wont be going up!?

This time last year Burnley lost their first two games so cant have got as many points as we do now and look at them, just beat Manchester United.

What a load of old cock.

Posting such a polarised view when you haven't even managed to watch a game is ludicrous.

The team has done fine without a target man and would not have looked better with one today, our weakness was in our defence and lack of width.

and the middle? sure I saw that guy run from his own half straight through the middle passing 4 City players and not one tackle made; to make it 2-0.

We looked well tired today and well off the pace;

4 games in and youv decided we wont be going up!?

This time last year Burnley lost their first two games so cant have got as many points as we do now and look at them, just beat Manchester United.

We may all hope for the prem but not this season i.m.h.o. prepared to eat my hat though :noexpression:

and the middle? sure I saw that guy run from his own half straight through the middle passing 4 City players and not one tackle made; to make it 2-0.

We looked well tired today and well off the pace;GJ QUOTE "WE WERE SECOND BEST THATS FOR SURE"

Three words for you...

GET

A

GRIP.

Ok I wasn't there today but surely not everything has gone backwards. Normally I like to have a good moan when we lose but you have to say that Cardiff are that much better than last season and that they will be up there with the best come the business end of this season. The only things really you can say went backwards today were the tactics and possibly the passion. At least there was no repeat of last years "fumble" from Basso heartbreakingly denying us the three points. Gerken (judging by the ever increasing praise) seems to have had a good set of games so far.

Lets pick ourselves up for the Carlisle game, get a good win under our belts and concentrate on tackling our next challenge - Boro.

Absolute tosh, you havn`t seen them before today, so it`s a bit unfair to judge them on this performance. Before all else Cardiff were quality today all over the park and if they can keep something like that form going they are dead certs for a top 6 finish.

City had a bad day not helped by enforced changes to the squad and in turn the formation. Yes we were poor today but again exacerbated by how dominant Cardiff were. GJ has a few days now to get this out of the teams system, hopefully have the squad back to strength and get a result against Carlisle before the next big test next saturday.

As for the little Lee comment........moronic.

PDG

What a pleb!!!

So on the basis of seeing 20% of our games this season (1/5) you make the sweeping statement that we have gone backwards.

Having seen 60% of our games (3/5) I disagree. We are playing far better football (albeit not today) than at anytime last season, and quite frankly if we lose more games than we win with trying to play football the correct way - so effing be it!!!

Get a grip loser.

no offence mate, but to suggest city have gone backwards since last season based only on our first loss of the season is not very clever.

So let me get this right, we have lost TWO first team performers in Adebola and Mcindoe (im not even going to include that fool SJ) and you think we have gone backwards? Yes we havnt replaced Mcindoe but we have made great strides in other positions. At that to the fact we have still kept Elliot i really think what your saying is a bit of a knee-Jerk reaction.

As others have said please get a grip!

i dont think it is fair to say that we have gone backwards because if you look at the last two home games we have won, last season they would have been lost or drawn. today was a very poor performance all round and we were punished for being sloppy and not quick enough when in possesion. As for maynard and haynes thriving off of a target man i dont think this is true, they both need the ball to feet or on the deck infront of them as maynard showed with his last couple of goals, having a target man just encourages long balls from the back, so lets hope we have learnt and keep the ball on the floor as we have done in previous games! :englandsmile4wf:

What an absoloute moron. How can you have been to 0 games this season, swatched one on sky and judge that we've gone backwards. Exactly how many did you attend last season btw? A compltely ridculous post that proves you have no idea what your talking about. And for the record this was Lee Johnson's first league start of the season, not that you'd know that of course because you haven't been to any games.

It is nice to see someone not having a kneejerk reaction to one bad game.

Oh and the LJ comment is just childish :disapointed2se:

Judging on todays preformance we haven't moved on fron last season. Too many long piontless balls forward, no width and the inability to keep the ball.

But after seeing games against QPR and Palace I know we have the squad to have a decent season.

We played awful today the playes should hold thier hands up.

Carey needs to be brought back into the team he is a class player who can bring the ball out of defence and pass the ball unlike JM who looked like a leauge 1 player.

I have been very impressed with Hartly and Elliot in midfield but bringing in LJ was a mistake it just didn't look a balance line up.

I am disapointed today but I know we were well below par today and we can play a lot lot better.

So its up to Gary now to sort the problems out. I have seen enough in previous matches to suggest we are not to far away to having good team.

True. But i wouldnt be surpried if the original poster didn't go to a game last season meaning he can't really compare.

We were poor, get over it. Roll on Wednesday.

Well pal the original poster get to about 14 games last season.That is the number I usually make most seasons.I live about 140 miles from Bristol so tend to go away more than home.I am a member, City Foundation member and shareholder , so am I allowed to comment after watching ther game on Sky.It is pathetic when you say you didn't go to the game you are commenting on and people like you presume that the person never goes to any games.

Well pal the original poster get to about 14 games last season.That is the number I usually make most seasons.I live about 140 miles from Bristol so tend to go away more than home.I am a member, City Foundation member and shareholder , so am I allowed to comment after watching ther game on Sky.It is pathetic when you say you didn't go to the game you are commenting on and people like you presume that the person never goes to any games.

Is this a 'Im a better fan than you' competition? I think thats a tad pathetic you rattle off the games you've been too, the members you are and all that stuff but hey if thats what you want to do.

All I was saying is your original post was stupid but OK your right we are rubbish. :fastasleep:

Most of us will agree it wasnt a great performance today.

But, can't agree that the team has gone backwards. And I'm going to give some reasons why... (based on performances I've seen over the season so far)

1/ Haynes looks to be a better player than Sproule.

2/ Hartley looks to be a better player than Johnson (and that's coming from a Johnson fan)

3/ Nyatanga looks like he will improve our defence.

4/ Maynard is showing signs of finding his goal-scoring touch.

5/ Gary Johnson has stumbled upon a formation (5,3, 2) which suits our squad.

I'm sure that once the original poster gets over the anger from todays defeat and goes to a few games, he'll realise we are in pretty good shape.

It's going to be a tough ask to get promotion this season with Boro and Newcastle looking strong, but once again, we're in with a chance.

Archived