IGNORED

Over Reacting

will alwayes beleve

i find it funny how people will post about how bad we did and put a downer on city i know we didnt play well againsed cardiff but we had injuries but we lost and it doesnt mean we have a bad alrouned team. no one was complaining about our team and not using enough wigth and how bad our season is going to be but the at the start of the season would you have taken a draw,win,win,loss i think you would.

i find it funny how people will post about how bad we did and put a downer on city i know we didnt play well againsed cardiff but we had injuries but we lost and it doesnt mean we have a bad alrouned team. no one was complaining about our team and not using enough wigth and how bad our season is going to be but the at the start of the season would you have taken a draw,win,win,loss i think you would.

I don't think it was the fact that we lost, it was more the manner in which we lost and the bizarre formation, tactics and personnel we employed that has got peoples backs up.

I don't think it was the fact that we lost, it was more the manner in which we lost and the bizarre formation, tactics and personnel we employed that has got peoples backs up.

but can you judge gary after he comes in to city when we were mid table / bottom half of league 1 he comes in keeps us up then the next year takes us to the championship thats amazing and then we get to the playoff final sadly loose and come in the top 10 last year and people are questioning garys tactics......

but can you judge gary after he comes in to city when we were mid table / bottom half of league 1 he comes in keeps us up then the next year takes us to the championship thats amazing and then we get to the playoff final sadly loose and come in the top 10 last year and people are questioning garys tactics......

No one is arguing that he hasn't done a fantastic job at City, but how long are we going to keep looking back and using the "look where we were four years ago" argument. GJ is a fantastic manager, but at times he get things wrong and makes mistakes - there is no harm in questioning these mistakes and therefore learning from them.

No one is arguing that he hasn't done a fantastic job at City, but how long are we going to keep looking back and using the "look where we were four years ago" argument. GJ is a fantastic manager, but at times he get things wrong and makes mistakes - there is no harm in questioning these mistakes and therefore learning from them.

i dont want to argue but why do we need to pick out thw mistakes when he knows his mistakes

i dont want to argue but why do we need to pick out thw mistakes when he knows his mistakes

I don't doubt that he does, and I'm sure he had his reasons for picking that team and that formation but I'd wager most fans were more than a little worried when they saw the lineup. I know I was.

City can't play 4-3-3 properly and McCombe and Fontaine can't play together reliably. I know there was an element of being forced to play that particular defence but to me it looked risky from the off.

The problem is that Gary keeps doing things like this and then blaming the players when it doesn't work. Surely we'd have seen it work at least once if that were really the case?

I have thought we have suffered from a lack of width from the very start of this season...hardly a snap reaction to the Cardiff result/ performance. If you have seen our first two home games and/ or the Cardiff match I fail to see how you can argue that we are actually playing good football. We didn't deserve 3 points against Palace or QPR, and got royally stuffed at Cardiff. This formation is useless. In a way I'm glad Cardiff exposed us so much, as it may force GJ to rethink his tactics rather than get unjustifiably optimistic by our impressive points tally, which doesn't really tell the whole story.

We didn't deserve 3 points against Palace or QPR, and got royally stuffed at Cardiff. This formation is useless.

Which formation do you mean?

We played a different formation at Cardiff to those that we started against Palace and QPR.

Didn't we?

Which formation do you mean?

We played a different formation at Cardiff to those that we started against Palace and QPR.

Didn't we?

Yes, we've played 3-4-1-2 most of the season and it was more of a 4-2-1-2 against Cardiff. A slight adjustment, but still the same problem of a lack of bodies in wide areas that continues to get exploited. As a result, Chris Burke had far too much space and was made to look world class. We are looking for promotion to the Premier League, and I hate to imagine what even a below average Premier League winger would do with that much space. Neither formation works, because there is absolutely no width. No width means we lack imagination and are extremely one-dimensional going forward, and also means that opposition wingers are afforded far too much space. You only have to look at how Cardiff scored all 3 of their goals yesterday to see that.

First off, I can't think of a single City manager who hasn't had a performance or result go the same way as Sunday, therefore can some people please get it into their heads that there is no "perfect" manager out there who is going to win every single game with the most flamboyant of styles.

Secondly, last season we were played off the park by Reading at Ashton Gate, Gary Johnson learnt from this and managed to get City to play "match out the season" at Reading last year.

Yes, the 4-3-3 or 5-2-1-2 formation isn't great, but it's an attempt by GJ to change things around and brighten things up from the last two seasons.

This formation isn't going to work overnight, and against the better teams (like Cardiff) we may take a tanking now and then, we just need to hold our hands up, learn from our mistakes and admit the better team won.

I just don't think we look very solid through the middle when we adopt these bizarre formations.

I'd think we have the personnel to play a very good 442 within our squad. I would put Clarkson up front, alongside Maynard, with Haynes and Sproule occupying the wings, Elliot and Hartley in the middle and a back line of Orr, Carey Fontaine and McAllister.

I just don't think we look very solid through the middle when we adopt these bizarre formations.

I'd think we have the personnel to play a very good 442 within our squad. I would put Clarkson up front, alongside Maynard, with Haynes and Sproule occupying the wings, Elliot and Hartley in the middle and a back line of Orr, Carey Fontaine and McAllister.

I agree, to me it's obvious that we simply have to switch to 4-4-2 if we are to be successful and sustain a realistic promotion push in this league.

It seems to me that GJ has been forced to adopt this formation after missing out on signing Lee Martin. You'd think a player of his quality and pedigree would be one of the first names on the team-sheet, and he isn't a player that would fit into this new system. He's an out and out winger, and I can't help but think that if we had signed him we'd be playing a standard 4-4-2, and playing alot better for it.

Archived