IGNORED

Bristol City Report In Bep

Redtucks

Did mickey mouse write this?

I don't see what is so bad about these ratings? I watched the whole game and it doesn't seem that bad a reflection on what I saw to be honest. I think posters on here always assume what is written in the BEP is rubbish straight away, for whatever reason. Yes, some of what is written in there is drivel, but I don't see how these player ratings can provoke such a reaction.

I don't see what is so bad about these ratings? I watched the whole game and it doesn't seem that bad a reflection on what I saw to be honest. I think posters on here always assume what is written in the BEP is rubbish straight away, for whatever reason. Yes, some of what is written in there is drivel, but I don't see how these player ratings can provoke such a reaction.

Boom boom 7????? He played like a donkey!

Boom boom 7????? He played like a donkey!

I don't think he was that bad, he was our best player until their first goal. Dealt with Bothryod very well. After that I felt he was exposed a bit and his obvious weaknesses were highlighted. But he did all that was expected of him - won his headers, put in tackles. The fact that he looked so exposed is more the fault of other players and the formation they were played in rather than the fault of McCombe himself, in my opinion.

His ratings are sooo tedious. Its always either 6 or 7 for absoulutely everyone unless somebody did particularly bad.

What does it take to get a 9 or even 10!?

None of our players deserved a 9 or 10 against Cardiff surely?? And none of them had a particularly bad game, they were victims of the formation they were made to play in and came up against a good and in-form Cardiff side. These ratings are fair I'd say.

None of our players deserved a 9 or 10 against Cardiff surely?? And none of them had a particularly bad game, they were victims of the formation they were made to play in and came up against a good and in-form Cardiff side. These ratings are fair I'd say.

No no noo i didnt mean that anyone deserved a 9 or 10 yesterday just that nobody ever ever gets them!?

If we were to play absolutely amazing and not even let them in our half at all and Gerken has nothing to do then he wouldnt get a 10!? Surely he did everything he needed to do fine.

No no noo i didnt mean that anyone deserved a 9 or 10 yesterday just that nobody ever ever gets them!?

If we were to play absolutely amazing and not even let them in our half at all and Gerken has nothing to do then he wouldnt get a 10!? Surely he did everything he needed to do fine.

But if Maynard is up the other end and scores 5 in a 5-0 victory then Gerken would deserve the same rating for sitting there all match doing nothing? If Gerken has nothing to do then it is not him that should be rewarded with a 10/10, but those in front of him who prevented the supply to the other team. Keepers never get high ratings unless they have lots to do, which is why other managers can feel hard done by if the opposition's keeper gets MOM and his team doesnt come away with all 3 points.

But if Maynard is up the other end and scores 5 in a 5-0 victory then Gerken would deserve the same rating for sitting there all match doing nothing? If Gerken has nothing to do then it is not him that should be rewarded with a 10/10, but those in front of him who prevented the supply to the other team. Keepers never get high ratings unless they have lots to do, which is why other managers can feel hard done by if the opposition's keeper gets MOM and his team doesnt come away with all 3 points.

Well they could both get 10s then.

Gerken does nothing wrong and Manyard plays amazing.

All im saying is that there are never wide enough gaps in numbers between each players and each games.

If someone has a stinker surely they should get a 1,2 or 3 and if somebody plays amazing they should get a 9 or 10 sort of thing. Not one getting a 5 and the other a 7.

Sting Ray, are you Ray Evans? (Just making the link between the Ray in yours and his name and you ardent support of his ratings)

No I'm not. I support the ratings because I watched the game and think they were a fair reflection! Didn't realise agreeing with something written in the BEP was such a big deal!

Gerken- 6

B Wilson- 3

McCombe- 5

Fontaine- 4

McAllister- 5

Elliott- 5

Johnson- 3

Hartley- 4

Clarkson- 4

Haynes- 3

Maynard- 4

Akinde- 5

Sproule- 4

Williams- 4

Extremely poor performance from BCFC, especially the midfield, who didn't defend and didn't support the strikers.

Very poor tactics as well.

BCAGFC

I thought a rating of '5' was meant to show a professional footballer putting in an average performance. So not one of them were below par yesterday?

It maybe harsh to issue ratings of 3 or 4 (or lower!) but without some balance the 7's,8's or 9's are also meaningless too.

+1

Worst player on the pitch IMO. His distribution was awful, he has the turning circle of an oil tanker and the pace of Douglas Bader.

Not bad in the air though :innocent06:

IMO he was poor and was caught between two forwards following the ball for both of the first two goals.

Did mickey mouse write this?

Almost as good as the Sun's match report that i had the pleasure of reading. It said

"Ironically, stand-in City skipper McCombe nearly crafted an equaliser soon after his own goal.

His header set up midfielder Marvin Elliott, who rattled the woodwork from 20 yards"

It makes me wonder what some journalists get paid for when they clearly haven't even watched the game they report on.

Archived