IGNORED

Bradley Orr

Tunley Legend

I don't want to slaughter a kid who was doing his best tonight but we have now seen two alternatives to Bradley in our last two matches and I am afraid to say that both have work to do before they can even begin to think about pushing Orr for his place. Orr is the best full back at this football club by a country mile and the next time you criticise his distribution have a think about what you saw on Sunday and tonight. He is also the only full back we have who fully understands the job of covering his centre half and our defence is a lot poorer without him.

The sooner Bradley is back in the line-up the better as far as I am concerned.

I don't want to slaughter a kid who was doing his best tonight but we have now seen two alternatives to Bradley in our last two matches and I am afraid to say that both have work to do before they can even begin to think about pushing Orr for his place. Orr is the best full back at this football club by a country mile and the next time you criticise his distribution have a think about what you saw on Sunday and tonight. He is also the only full back we have who fully understands the job of covering his centre half and our defence is a lot poorer without him.

Couldnt agree more. One of a few who play with some passion regardless of the occassion...

It was clear to see that Ribiero, along with the rest of the side had a complete mare tonight, but I've seen him play for the reserves in a fair few games and his crossing and attacking game is a lot better than Brads, though I reckon Brad is the better player defensively imho.

Tonight really wasn't the game to judge any player's ability and is best forgotten asap!

This was also evident in last seasons 'silly episode', when Orr was dropped for not signing a new contract, he was missed at that time and Johnsons stubborn refusal to play Orr, did us no favours, even more so when you consider that Adebola wasn't dropped.

Agreed, except who knows, maybe Orr not being played was for an even sillier reason than was assumed at the time?

It was clear to see that Ribiero, along with the rest of the side had a complete mare tonight, but I've seen him play for the reserves in a fair few games and his crossing and attacking game is a lot better than Brads, though I reckon Brad is the better player defensively imho.

Tonight really wasn't the game to judge any player's ability and is best forgotten asap!

im sorry but from what ive seen there is no way on earth that Ribs is any threat whatsoever to Brads place in the team.

Riberio has a very long way to go and we should ship him out on loan somewhere to get some experience. Not anywhere near good enough yet.

Playing well against Yeovil or Bristol Rovers Reserves does not make you a Championship player in my view. I am not knocking Ribiero - just pointing out that he is not YET a Championship standard DEFENDER (the primary job of the full back) and that he is not ready to challenge for a regular start at the moment.

It seems to me that the job Bradley does for the team is not really noticed until he is missing.

Playing well against Yeovil or Bristol Rovers Reserves does not make you a Championship player in my view. I am not knocking Ribiero - just pointing out that he is not YET a Championship standard DEFENDER (the primary job of the full back) and that he is not ready to challenge for a regular start at the moment.

It seems to me that the job Bradley does for the team is not really noticed until he is missing.

Fair comment and I would agree with you on the defensive aspect regarding lower opposition. Going forward though, you can either deliver a good ball, or you can't, regardless of the standard of opposition. Ribs usually can and Bradley generally can't.

I'd still go with Brad because he is an inspirational player and plays for the shirt and that was what we wanted tonight. I still think Ribeiro has got a lot to offer and tonight's cr@p team performance isn't one to judge any player on.

im sorry but from what ive seen there is no way on earth that Ribs is any threat whatsoever to Brads place in the team.

Riberio has a very long way to go and we should ship him out on loan somewhere to get some experience. Not anywhere near good enough yet.

We can't ship him out on loan we've got no effin cover Sunday proved that.

After tonights display Brad HAS to be back in asap. Although when he walked round the pitch half way through the second half he looked very gaunt and like death warmed up - so me thinks he must be doubtful for Saturday already. As for Ribs you cannot judge him on one appearance especially the whole team were abysmal - perhaps some of the more "senior" pro's should have given him a tad more support on what was a very bad night at the office.

best of a bad bunch im afraid! Riberio didnt impress tonight but Orr hasnt impressed all season, still work to do there

I won't have that. Orr is a more than decent Championship performer who is struggling to adapt to a system that isn't working but has to be persevered with for now because we don't have enough wide players of the required standard to play 4-4-2. He is not a bad player and to lump him in with a journeyman like Wilson and a young lad who is learning the ropes is poor form in my view. Despite failing to reach his best form so far he is comfortably better than the "competition" for his place. He is the only one of the three players who can actually defend competently for a start.

Good post. Since QPR, which many on here were raving about as the best performance they could remember for a long time, there have been , by common consent two abysmal efforts.

Two played in the QPR game that did not figure against either Cardiff or Carlisle: Orr and Nyatanga (which suggests they were hugely missed).

On the other side of the coin two started against both Cardiff and Carlisle but not against QPR: Johnson and Fontaine. You can draw your own conclusions from this , I'm just making an observation. However, it has to be said that Fontaine was unfortunate in having an impossible task against Cardiff covering for McCombe in a back four, and yesterday was keeping a clean sheet up to half-time in a back three before being moved to left back for the second half.

Archived