IGNORED

Midfield

wookey

During last season I got much abuse for arguing that Gary should sign two creative mid-field players and suggesting that on his past record there was a danger that Gary would only sign players who wouldn't stop his son Lee from playing.

In the event he signs only Hartley in mid-field who's 33 in October, a wonderful player, but someone who is clearly not going to play every game ergo Lee.

I even wouldn't be surprised if we see Gary playing Lee and Hartley together to retain his son's place in the team; time will tell.

Lee's presence could well be destabilizing the dressing room and if that is so Gary should bite the bullet and let Lee go. However, Gary will know that this will be tough for Lee who has never made it at any club without his Dad as Manager.

During last season I got much abuse for arguing that Gary should sign two creative mid-field players and suggesting that on his past record there was a danger that Gary would only sign players who wouldn't stop his son Lee from playing.

In the event he signs only Hartley in mid-field who's 33 in October, a wonderful player, but someone who is clearly not going to play every game ergo Lee.

I even wouldn't be surprised if we see Gary playing Lee and Hartley together to retain his son's place in the team; time will tell.

Lee's presence could well be destabilizing the dressing room and if that is so Gary should bite the bullet and let Lee go. However, Gary will know that this will be tough for Lee who has never made it at any club without his Dad as Manager.

This is a truly pathetic, barrel scraping post.

We sign an absolute quality pedigree midfielder, on a free, but that's not good enough for you.

Johnson is clearly not in GJ's first choice XI, but that's not good enough for you.

Johnson comes on for his first game of the season, gets booed, helps set up the winning goal, but that's not good enough for you.

You stay he is destablising the dressing room with no evidence whatsoever.

WHAT A LOAD OF BO***CKS.

Sorry but this was LJ first start of the season so that kicks your 'would only sign players who wouldn't stop his son Lee from playing' arguement in to touch and when LJ did come on last week he probably changed the game by creating space for Hartley.

LJ was def. our best player of a bad bunch last night, apart from LJ who else made themselves avaialble for the ball more times? Struggling I thought you might.....

Incidentially, that's Carle, Williams and Hartley he's signed in the last couple of years. All direct competition for Lee. But, of course, I forgot, Carle was sold when he became too good and threatened Lee's place in the team... :tumbleweed:

I understand he's trying for find a buyer for Hartley, because Lee can't make the starting line up!

WHAT A LOAD OF BO***CKS.

Sorry but this was LJ first start of the season so that kicks your 'would only sign players who wouldn't stop his son Lee from playing' arguement in to touch and when LJ did come on last week he probably changed the game by creating space for Hartley.

LJ was def. our best player of a bad bunch last night, apart from LJ who else made themselves avaialble for the ball more times? Struggling I thought you might.....

Did you watch the Cardiff game? I'm sure LJ gave the ball away for their 1st goal and was on from the start?

IMO the way we play changes when LJ plays! People say we played direct last season because of Bola but I dont agree! LJ has started 3 games this season and they have been the worst performances! Brentford, Carlisle and Cardif! Having been at each game and to pretty much everygame last season you can see how the play and players change when he is on the pitch compared to Hartley! To me it looks as if players dont trust him! He is always available for the simple pass but alot of the time he doesnt get it! Players prefering to go long or try the risky pass! Orr I noticed alot last season would never pass to LJ unless no other option! Carey is the same! I think they realise they are just going to get the ball back but when they have more pressure on them so decide to go long strate away.

All IMO of course!

WHAT A LOAD OF BO***CKS.

Get real for christ sake. LJ was crap last night just like everyone else bar Gerken - end of story. His ability stretches to being able to play a ten yard pass, usually sideways or backwards, nothing more. Whenever he tried anything remotely difficult of twenty to thirty yards in a forward direction he gave the ball away EVERY TIME. Twice he gave the ball away and this led directly to counter attacks which Championship sides rather than Carlisle would have profited from. And twice last night he $h1t out of tackles - totally unacceptable.

I do not condone any abuse or booing of LJ - it's not his fault the old man picks him. But to somehow PRETEND he was our best player last night is just as bad as saying he is only in the team because of his Dad in my view.

Get real for christ sake. LJ was crap last night just like everyone else bar Gerken - end of story. His ability stretches to being able to play a ten yard pass, usually sideways or backwards, nothing more. Whenever he tried anything remotely difficult of twenty to thirty yards in a forward direction he gave the ball away EVERY TIME. Twice he gave the ball away and this led directly to counter attacks which Championship sides rather than Carlisle would have profited from. And twice last night he $h1t out of tackles - totally unacceptable.

I do not condone any abuse or booing of LJ - it's not his fault the old man picks him. But to somehow PRETEND he was our best player last night is just as bad as saying he is only in the team because of his Dad in my view.

Agree with all of that

IMO the way we play changes when LJ plays! People say we played direct last season because of Bola but I dont agree! LJ has started 3 games this season and they have been the worst performances! Brentford, Carlisle and Cardif! Having been at each game and to pretty much everygame last season you can see how the play and players change when he is on the pitch compared to Hartley! To me it looks as if players dont trust him! He is always available for the simple pass but alot of the time he doesnt get it! Players prefering to go long or try the risky pass! Orr I noticed alot last season would never pass to LJ unless no other option! Carey is the same! I think they realise they are just going to get the ball back but when they have more pressure on them so decide to go long strate away.

All IMO of course!

Nail on the head with these observations. I would estimate that in seven out of ten times he receives the ball he gives it straight back to the passer, quite often putting them under pressure and leaving them little option than to lump it up-field.

Archived