IGNORED

Funny Thing.....life, Innit ?

pdgifford64

Bear with me if you will....

A few years back, things on the home front wern`t great. Crap job, mortgage, etc etc. The kids were grumpy, the missus was grumpy but we got on with it, as you do, convinced it would improve. Guess what ?..They did. Finished paying the mortgage, work improved, family holidays were back on and we were having a whale of a time. Cue the recession and all of a sudden we were tightening our belts again. Not as bad as some but we had to start watching what we were doing. The eldest two were ok and knew what was what but the youngest couldn`t understand why a lot of the treats were cut back. He`d got used to the good stuff and wanted it to continue.......you could say he`d been spoilt a bit and was acting a bit like a brat.

A few years back BCFC were STILL in Lge 1 and seemed destined to stay there. Hopes raised on occasions only to be crushed by inept performances and/or management. Then the Johnson arrived. A bit of a shaky start and then guess what ? He got us into the Championship and life was great. THEN, he only went and nearly got us into the Premier League. Footie was fantastic again. Then a bit of a performance recession occurred. Most of the fans were ok and knew what was what but there were some who had become spoilt by the success of the past few seasons and couldn`t understand why the points wern`t being won........yes, they`d been spoilt and were acting pretty damn stupidly.

Here Endeth The Lesson

PDG

Bear with me if you will....

A few years back, things on the home front wern`t great. Crap job, mortgage, etc etc. The kids were grumpy, the missus was grumpy but we got on with it, as you do, convinced it would improve. Guess what ?..They did. Finished paying the mortgage, work improved, family holidays were back on and we were having a whale of a time. Cue the recession and all of a sudden we were tightening our belts again. Not as bad as some but we had to start watching what we were doing. The eldest two were ok and knew what was what but the youngest couldn`t understand why a lot of the treats were cut back. He`d got used to the good stuff and wanted it to continue.......you could say he`d been spoilt a bit and was acting a bit like a brat.

A few years back BCFC were STILL in Lge 1 and seemed destined to stay there. Hopes raised on occasions only to be crushed by inept performances and/or management. Then the Johnson arrived. A bit of a shaky start and then guess what ? He got us into the Championship and life was great. THEN, he only went and nearly got us into the Premier League. Footie was fantastic again. Then a bit of a performance recession occurred. Most of the fans were ok and knew what was what but there were some who had become spoilt by the success of the past few seasons and couldn`t understand why the points wern`t being won........yes, they`d been spoilt and were acting pretty damn stupidly.

Here Endeth The Lesson

PDG

I do agree but GJ has raised the standards himself by both doing and saying.

We have been up and down like a Weston donkey for the past 40 yrs I know of. Yesterday was a mind boggling down day which followed on from Sundays slightly marginally better effort.

Whats gone is gone, if GJ`s team fails badly this season he will pay; I really hope they dont fail and we cement our present stature in this league for a few more years.

Then we can move on to a higher level and a new ground, even if just for a season, so those who have not exp their team in the top level can do so.

As paying customers we have the right to voice our concerns if we are playing shieght as others have if they believe everythings fine.

We have been up and down like a Weston donkey for the past 40 yrs I know of. Yesterday was a mind boggling down day which followed on from Sundays slightly marginally better effort.

Whats gone is gone, if GJ`s team fails badly this season he will pay; I really hope they dont fail and we cement our present stature in this league for a few more years.

Then we can move on to a higher level and a new ground, even if just for a season, so those who have not exp their team in the top level can do so.

As paying customers we have the right to voice our concerns if we are playing shieght as others have if they believe everythings fine.

I know what your saying but come on, lets put a bit of perspective on this. 6 competetive games into the season, won 3, drawn 1 and lost 2. Yes, sunday was disappointing in the performance and i wasn`t there last night so i can`t comment but it`s hardly cause for some of the mass hysteria thats been published here since.

I wouldn`t say everything is fine but it`s certainly not as bad as some would have you believe. The outlook as we approached xmas last year was far gloomier and yet people are jumping off the edge already. There`s another tough game coming up saturday and as one of the few games i`m going to be able to get to this season i`d be a lot happier going to it with a bit of form behind us but thats football for you.

I just can`t believe you have thoughts of failure this early in the season, it really is ridiculous. I have concerns too, such as how soon will Carey, Nyatanga and Orr be back...can Hartley maintain his fitness for the whole season...can we put in a decent performance against Boro......where the hell am i gonna park ?

Like i said earlier, lets put a bit of perspective on things and like you said, ` whats gone is gone`.

PDG

I know what your saying but come on, lets put a bit of perspective on this. 6 competetive games into the season, won 3, drawn 1 and lost 2. Yes, sunday was disappointing in the performance and i wasn`t there last night so i can`t comment but it`s hardly cause for some of the mass hysteria thats been published here since.

I wouldn`t say everything is fine but it`s certainly not as bad as some would have you believe. The outlook as we approached xmas last year was far gloomier and yet people are jumping off the edge already. There`s another tough game coming up saturday and as one of the few games i`m going to be able to get to this season i`d be a lot happier going to it with a bit of form behind us but thats football for you.

I just can`t believe you have thoughts of failure this early in the season, it really is ridiculous. I have concerns too, such as how soon will Carey, Nyatanga and Orr be back...can Hartley maintain his fitness for the whole season...can we put in a decent performance against Boro......where the hell am i gonna park ?

Like i said earlier, lets put a bit of perspective on things and like you said, ` whats gone is gone`.

PDG

Carey played last night and was the only glimmer, it was a shock to see such a totally inept display; and it was very,very bad from what was on paper at least, a side more than capable of sorting Carlisle.

Hartley looked tired on Sunday and was rested :fastasleep: yesterday, poor old chap so much pay but cant manage a few hours running. In the twilight of his career.

Orr will battle but has toblerone feet.

We were promised improvements from Sundays efforts, we improved only on the depths we have sunk to.

I am really concerned and refuse to think/say things are fine cause they aint.

Carey played last night and was the only glimmer, it was a shock to see such a totally inept display; and it was very,very bad from what was on paper at least, a side more than capable of sorting Carlisle.

Hartley looked tired on Sunday and was rested :fastasleep: yesterday, poor old chap so much pay but cant manage a few hours running. In the twilight of his career.

Orr will battle but has toblerone feet.

We were promised improvements from Sundays efforts, we improved only on the depths we have sunk to.

Hear bloody here I get the feeling theres more going on than we know about, its all a bit of a mess and God knows where a heavy home defeat a la Reading last season will leave us.

I try not to sit in either the happy clappy or the doom and gloom camps and have been watching for too long to get too excited too quickly but I am also very concerned.

Carey played last night and was the only glimmer, it was a shock to see such a totally inept display; and it was very,very bad

Was Carey not the Captain last night?

If so he should be taking alot of the criticism - to my mind the Captain has always been the "manager on the pitch" and as such should drive the team forward by example and do his utmost to prevent shambolic team displays like last night.

Was there any evidence that Carey was an inspirational leader last night? :dunno:

Archived