IGNORED

Bcfc Patriotic Fervour

Mr Mosquito

Great work Goblin. I was there at the front that day. Stunning gig.

Though the video doesn't show it, there was a massive 'pile-on' in the mud during that very tune, involving maybe 20-30 cidered-up revellers, and I was pretty much at the bottom of it.

Happy days.

Well done for being there. :dancing6: It did the trick me posting the URL of that gig. :winner_third_h4h: We got the victory against Boro. Thicko Northern Boro idiots - they were chanting "sheep shaggers" at us. :rolleyes:

good stuff, but what the hell is this?? :noexpression:

I have the explanation. Adge Cutler - as a Bristolian - wrote "Drink Up Thy Zider". What we also have to remember is the fact that in 1171* - after our English ancestors conquered Ireland - the people of Bristol were given Dublin as a colony by the king and many Bristolians settled there. The Irish in that band are - quite obviously - of Wurzel descent and our cousins. :winner_third_h4h:

*Source: http://www.localhistories.org/bristol.html

ah! now i can see why the kids in the EE sing at 100 mph now :tounge:

The kids in the East End did a great job on Saturday against Boro. Not since circa 1979 have I seen and heard such a marvellous atmosphere in that East End for a league game. The club also did well to play Adge Cutler's "Drink Up Thy Zider" at both the beginning and end of the game to help create the atmosphere.

good stuff, but what the hell is this?? :noexpression:

Adge Cutler wrote songs like "Drink Up Thy Zider" because he was sick of having to sing about London, Liverpool, etc. We just didn't have any local songs till Adge came along. Irish acts like Clancy/Makem in this video had around 2 million songs to choose from about Ireland but chose to sing our song instead on this occasion which I think is quite a tribute to Adge.

Adge Cutler wrote songs like "Drink Up Thy Zider" because he was sick of having to sing about London, Liverpool, etc. We just didn't have any local songs till Adge came along. Irish acts like Clancy/Makem in this video had around 2 million songs to choose from about Ireland but chose to sing our song instead on this occasion which I think is quite a tribute to Adge.

Also, "Drink Up Thy Zider" is now regarded as the National anthem of North Somerset and Bristol, if not all of Somerset and all the West of England. It's by far the most famous Adge Cutler song, often played on local radio. It probably became the 'theme tune' of our very own Bristol City F.C. as Adge was one of our most famous supporters.

My favourite lyrics from some other great Adge Cutler songs.....

"i took a ride one night, a PC hove in sight; 'ee pulled me up because i got no brake no bell no light. "I'll sling the book at 'ee" that copper said with glee; I said sling all you like, 'tis your Dad's bike - so don't tell I, tell 'ee!" :winner_third_h4h:

"young Sarah Jones one day, got in the fam'ly way; 'er father come with a gert big gun, said "'ee'll 'ave to pay". 'Ee chased I up a tree, I 'ollered leave I be; I said I 'appen to know, 'twas old Fred Snow, so don't tell I, tell 'ee!" :winner_third_h4h:

As a Bristolian myself I love the way Adge used to sing his songs in Bristolian particularly his "Champion Dung Spreader" that was an answer song to the Cockney "My Old Man's a Dustman", where Adge tells of his father's occupation as a champion dung spreader.

Fantastic rendition. Do they do any other Wurzels songs?

They've got one great song of their own "zider i up landlord" released when they were known as 'Chaos UK'. As Adge Cutler was a lifelong fan of Bristol City, he re-wrote his band's song 'Morning Glory' to write his team's official song 'One for the Bristol City', which - as we know - is still played at Ashton Gate as a newer version.

"zider i up landlord" Chaos Uk.....

Archived