IGNORED

Jan Vennegoor Of Hesselink

dargla

This has been mentioned several times, as much as Id love us to see us sign him I really cant see it happening. Dont get me wrong I think he would be great here but a few things that would probably stop us...

The main one probably being his wages, although if he is struggling to find a club this could work in our favour to get him here on the cheap.

The other thing is his fitness. If he has been without a club for a while he is probably going to be at least 2 or 3 weeks away from match sharpness so even if we signed him today, he wouldnt be ready for a while. Although having said that - with the international break now that buys a free week for him to try and catch up.

Finally, as much as Id love to see him here, I dont think Gary Johnson is interested in him even for free and even if we got his wages down. I know he has come from a good club and has a good record, but maybe Gary just doesnt see him as the right player he wants or he might just not rate him.

Id love to see him here, but I just cant see it happening. Although perhaps if we did want him then Paul Hartley being here might be able to help get him!!! Also, another positive is that (now I might be wrong here) but if a player is without a club we can still sign him even after the transfer window closes as it is not technically a transfer, we are just taking on a player. So even after 5pm tomorrow we could still get him if we havent signed anyone else by then. Perhaps even, Gary Johnson might know this and JVoH is his plan B if we cant sign anyone. Only Gary Johnson, Keith Millen and Steve Lansdown really know whats going on, not but Im sure this will be a busy 2 days for them and by 5pm tomorrow hopefully we will know more!!

Archived