IGNORED

We're Now Well Up For Being Champions..

Mr Mosquito

With Paul Hartley and Evander Sno now in the BCFC engine room we surely must be well up for winning this division. Those afore mentioned players have both played Champions League football for Glasgow Celtic !!!!!!

We've already notched up 10 points from 5 tricky games and this also bodes well for our first Championship at this level since the 1905/06 season. :winner_third_h4h:

With Paul Hartley and Evander Sno now in the BCFC engine room we surely must be well up for winning this division. Those afore mentioned players have both played Champions League football for Glasgow Celtic !!!!!!

We've already notched up 10 points from 5 tricky games and this also bodes well for our first Championship at this level since the 1905/06 season. :winner_third_h4h:

I think we all need to slow down a bit other wise this board will go into melt down when we lose our next game :noexpression:

I think we all need to slow down a bit other wise this board will go into melt down when we lose our next game :noexpression:

If ever there was a time for a dull 0-0 draw then the next game is it. However we should all know by now that Bristol City don't do average results, we are either "champions elect" or "worst team in league".

I'd like more of the former than the latter.

I would say we have an improved chance of making the play-offs after today signings. Certainly not champions material.

I do have concerns about the defence and lack of wingers. The central midfield and attack are pretty strong though which might be enough to see us through to a top 6 place (I hope).

I would say we have an improved chance of making the play-offs after today signings. Certainly not champions material.

I do have concerns about the defence and lack of wingers. The central midfield and attack are pretty strong though which might be enough to see us through to a top 6 place (I hope).

I'm more worried about the wingers than the defence. Sproule has been worse than useless latley and with the sale of our only left winger we look to be relying on Orr, McAlister and Blackman for our width.

The other thing that troubles me is expectations. Now that we have signed international players (Sno is Holland U21's if you didn't know) I think some fans will expect 3-0 wins every game and get to the top of the division fast. I would like to think that playoffs are a strong possibilty now but we shall have to see.

Carefull Gobbers, a bite on the arse can sometimes incur a painfull tetanus injection :shocking:

As per the Winston Churchill quote in your signature ".....an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty." Except I now see no difficulties only opportunities for City with the signings we've made.

As per the Winston Churchill quote in your signature ".....an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty." Except I now see no difficulties only opportunities for City with the signings we've made.

He also said

A politician needs the ability to foretell what is going to happen tomorrow, next week, next month, and next year. And to have the ability afterwards to explain why it didn't happen.

Winston Churchill

I think for now i will remain optimistic, its safer :laugh:

I have a good feeling about this season.

My only concern is that with West Brom, Sheff U and the surprisingly good start from Newcastle we may realistically be looking at the play-off lottery. Ah well.

Don't worry about Newcastle. They may well change ownership shortly, appoint Shearer as manager with Dowie as his assistant and begin their slide into obscurity.

Someone will pick up a good manager in Chris Hughton.

I watched Peterborough V Crystal Palarse followed by Newcastle V Leicester yesterday. A very interesting comparison between the top of the Championship & the bottom.

What makes you think Coventry will be a match for us this time?

You just made a point of us never scoring less than 2 against them. I just hope it doesn't bite you on the ass.

And you think they wont be a match for us? Lets hope our team doesn't have that mentality or we'll be leaving the Ricoh with a big fat 0pts.

You just made a point of us never scoring less than 2 against them. I just hope it doesn't bite you on the ass.

And you think they wont be a match for us? Lets hope our team doesn't have that mentality or we'll be leaving the Ricoh with a big fat 0pts.

Listen mate it's fairly obvious that we're a better team than Coventry. I've not said they won't be a match for us, instead I stated that this really is a game we should be winning if we're serious about a top 6 finish.

Listen mate it's fairly obvious that we're a better team than Coventry. I've not said they won't be a match for us, instead I've stated that this really is a game we should be winning if we're serious about a top 6 finish.

Man UTD should be beating Burnley if their serious about challenging for the PL title. This is football, a completely unpredictable sport. I agree we are the better team, but lets not get too confident just yet eh.

Man UTD should be beating Burnley if their serious about challenging for the PL title. This is football, a completely unpredictable sport. I agree we are the better team, but lets not get too confident just yet eh.

Man Utd put out a significantly weakened side owing to the fact they got turned over by Burnley. If we play the way we did against Middlesbrough at Coventry then there is only going to be one winner.

Man Utd put out a significantly weakened side owing to the fact they got turned over by Burnley. If we play the way we did against Middlesbrough at Coventry then there is only going to be one winner.

First of all, I would not call 1 nil a turnover. Secondly the likes of Rooney, owen, carrick, evra etc, are hardly the making of a weak team. UTD were still significantly better on paper that night.

We too are probably the better team on paper, and I have every faith the lads can get a result at Coventry, but this is football and therefore VERY unpredictable.

Just remember pride comes before a fall.

First of all, I would not call 1 nil a turnover. Secondly the likes of Rooney, owen, carrick, evra etc, are hardly the making of a weak team. UTD were still significantly better on paper that night.

We too are probably the better team on paper, and I have every faith the lads can get a result at Coventry, but this is football and therefore VERY unpredictable.

Just remember pride comes before a fall.

They will be the underdogs so in that sense you're right. I do however, think that due to previous results that we'll definitely come away with the three points. Coventry haven't strengthened this season, in fact they've only signed Michael McIndoe in the transfer market. They've got rid of their key players from last season, the likes of Gunnarson and a couple of others have left them. We're the better team altogether the League table backs that up.

They will be the underdogs so in that sense you're right. I do however, think that due to previous results that we'll definitely come away with the three points. Coventry haven't strengthened this season, in fact they've only signed Michael McIndoe in the transfer market. They've got rid of their key players from last season, the likes of Gunnarson and a couple of others have left them. We're the better team altogether the League table backs that up.

They have also signed Sammy Clingan. But they probably aernt any better than last season.

On paper we are better than Coventry, but Middlesborough were better than us on paper and we beat them. Yes, Coventry have lost a few key players, but the last thing we need is a complacent attitude.

On paper we are better than Coventry, but Middlesborough were better than us on paper and we beat them. Yes, Coventry have lost a few key players, but the last thing we need is a complacent attitude.

I'm not being complacent as I've stated we'll need to beat these teams to show we're serious about finishing in the top six. Middlesbrough wouldn't have minded losing to us as much as we'll mind if we lose to Coventry.

Middlesbrough wouldn't have minded losing to us as much as we'll mind if we lose to Coventry.

How do you make up this rubbish?

As much as we seem to beat Coventry every time, they are probably due a win against us. We have had 5 games, so to say we are definately better than them at this stage is premature. I would hope we are but until we have had 10-15 games then no one can be sure what most teams are going to achieve.

Top half for me.

We are underdogs, sing we are underdogs.

We thought that last time Gobster, and look what happened to us. careful with those predictions now Cecil!

Writing of The Gas, I bear good tidings - they've just been knocked out of the Johnstone's Paint Trophy by Hereford. 4-2 to Hereford United on penalties. :winner_third_h4h:

Two City lads may have been playing for Hereford on loan tonight - Marlon Jackson and Tristan Plummer I believe. :icecream:

Archived