IGNORED

New Signings

beaverface

Let me first of all say, well done to Gary Johnson and all the backroom staff for pulling off these two new signings, they've certainly looked to raise the bar considerably. I'm very pleased at these signings, regardless of whether or not they work out a success.

Secondly, now for negative, although we've done well in the league so far this season, the formation and tactics have still been questionable.

Let's just hope that these two new signings bring an extra dimension to formation we're playing, because over the last few games we've looked extremely narrow and we've also been playing a lot of long ball (even when we beat Middlesbrough).

Hopefully the extra standard these two bring, may make up for any shortcomings.

Apologies if this sounds a bit of a downer, but I'm just trying to keep my feet firmly flat on the floor !

Let me first of all say, well done to Gary Johnson and all the backroom staff for pulling off these two new signings, they've certainly looked to raise the bar considerably. I'm very pleased at these signings, regardless of whether or not they work out a success.

Secondly, now for negative, although we've done well in the league so far this season, the formation and tactics have still been questionable.

Let's just hope that these two new signings bring an extra dimension to formation we're playing, because over the last few games we've looked extremely narrow and we've also been playing a lot of long ball (even when we beat Middlesbrough).

Apologies if this sounds a bit of a downer, but I'm just trying to keep my feet firmly flat on the floor !

We still got no wingers (Orr/McAllister) but with Sno the offensive central midfielder issue is adressed.

Guess you can't get everything but surely there must be loads of competent enough talents out there for a bargain..

We are clearly playing 5-3-2 this season , a formation which does not require wingers , hence the departure of McIndoe , and no serious attempt to sign one.

As to tactics our football against QPR (preston was similar) was fantastic based on a short passing game , against Middlesborough (forget Cardiff , the illness messed us up) GJ clearly identified a weakness in that their defence was slow compared to our pace up front and also defended to high therefore the players were under instructions to play the ball over the top at every opportunity , and it worked.

Against Coventry , who knows , but I have faith that GJ knows what he is doing and am looking forward to an exciting season rather than a predictable 4-4-2 based one and the wingers we don't have or need

We are clearly playing 5-3-2 this season , a formation which does not require wingers , hence the departure of McIndoe , and no serious attempt to sign one.

As to tactics our football against QPR (preston was similar) was fantastic based on a short passing game , against Middlesborough (forget Cardiff , the illness messed us up) GJ clearly identified a weakness in that their defence was slow compared to our pace up front and also defended to high therefore the players were under instructions to play the ball over the top at every opportunity , and it worked.

Against Coventry , who knows , but I have faith that GJ knows what he is doing and am looking forward to an exciting season rather than a predictable 4-4-2 based one and the wingers we don't have or need

You don't need five defenders. With three defenders and three men in central midfield you are supposed to have wingers who can attack and support the front two.

City have signed a lot of players this season and most importabtly not sold there best players.

Hats off to the club, even if we do not do well this season you cannot fault the club for having ago,

All new signings are a gamble even if you spend millions on them, the prem is littered with million pound buys that didnt work out,

I hope all the new players and the existing memebers have a great season.

G Johnson and S Landsdown deserve a lot of praise for raising the bar at this club,

Good luck, lets now do our job and back the boys all the way..............

I don't think you need wingers a few of the top class teams have done away with them including Chelski, with that diamond formation of there's, I think they stole it from a certain Benny. I'm not worried tbh as long as we can get a wing back system working with orr/blackman then i think we have a alternative.

We are kinda playing a diamond

------NM---DH------

---------DC---------

-----PH-----CS-----

---------ME---------

JM---JM---LN---BO

As long as that can revert to

------NM---DH-------

AB--PH--ME -CS---BO

----JM---LN---LC-----

Then I think we have options, but tbh with out new signings I'm think dave clarkson and maybe cole skuse will lose out to the new 2

Archived