IGNORED

How Are People Getting To Newcastle?

Gasty bcfc

well it aint gonna be by plane, looking at 200quid. looking at over 100 on train as well. £40quid on cats seems to be cheapest if you can put up with the 7-8 odd hours on a coach.

might just have to fork out for a train.

mind you, i heard about this new fad the other day called 'jogging'. apparently a type of light running. might give it a go. if i leave now i might make newcastle in time for second half.

well it aint gonna be by plane, looking at 200quid. looking at over 100 on train as well. £40quid on cats seems to be cheapest if you can put up with the 7-8 odd hours on a coach.

might just have to fork out for a train.

mind you, i heard about this new fad the other day called 'jogging'. apparently a type of light running. might give it a go. if i leave now i might make newcastle in time for second half.

HAHA well aslong as you can give be a piggy back to newcastle that suits me.

newcastle united is quite some distance from the airport thats my worry.

anyone no of any really cheap hotels/hostles ?

Flight from Oslo to Heathrow Friday afternoon. See Mott The Hoople at the Apollo Friday night and stay at a hotel in London.

Return train from London to Newcastle on the Saturday. Another night in the hotel in London.

Flight from Heathrow to Oslo on Sunday afternoon.

Job done.

Flight from Oslo to Heathrow Friday afternoon. See Mott The Hoople at the Apollo Friday night and stay at a hotel in London.

Return train from London to Newcastle on the Saturday. Another night in the hotel in London.

Job done.

You're utterly insane! You have every right to demand a full refund should we get stuffed.

Job done.

All the young dudes eh?...

Ahh, ...wish I was younger (saw a Mott gig at Colston Hall in 1970's - return bus #9 Cadbury Heath - Centre- left about 6.30 home about 11 - took in a City game at AG a day or so previous or later (return bus #9 Hanham- Ashton Gate) -cor we were wild back then :noexpression:), you young un's have all the fun!

Have a great Weekend, dont forget to 'Roll Away The Toon' & pick up 3 points from Newcastle on yer travels!! :)

In all this how do you think the team are getting there?

Flying up on the saturday? One massive coach journey?

As far as I am aware the team charter their own plane for this kind of trip (previous trips to Norwich and Boro being examples) on the Thursday or Friday. One hour on a plane is much better preparation for a game than 6 or 7 hours on a coach.

There was talk of the club chartering a plane for fans, or trying to get Easyjet to put on extra flights (at a fixed price not £200 a seat!), presumably this could still happen if there was enough interest.

As far as I am aware the team charter their own plane for this kind of trip (previous trips to Norwich and Boro being examples) on the Thursday or Friday. One hour on a plane is much better preparation for a game than 6 or 7 hours on a coach.

There was talk of the club chartering a plane for fans, or trying to get Easyjet to put on extra flights (at a fixed price not £200 a seat!), presumably this could still happen if there was enough interest.

I was offered a package of flying up with the squad, overnight accommodation, hospitality at the ground, then flying back again.

Only problem was the £400 odd (plus VAT)... which would have been double that when my missus found out and would wanna come too!!

Archived