IGNORED

Some Great Quotes From The Blue Few...

garlicbread

Thought I'd take a look at the blue chums forum. Reading through the obligatory threads about our great club, I found some gems. Nearly spat me cornflakes over the screen. My personal faves have to be...

'If Trolls had wasted £1m on Trundle and all the rest of the crap fatty Johnson has bought....he'd be compared to Ollie and considered bad for the club'

'If Johnson is so great, why isn't he working in the Premier League? And why has only a few minor honours over the years? Trolls is a young manager with little experience but has already a promotion and a cup final under his belt and guided the club to their highest point for many years. An underachieving old has been or someone with bags of potential? Tricky choice'.

In response to the aquisition of Evander Sno...'We've also got a striker in Darryl Duffy who has played Champions League football so that card isn't impressing anyone'.

:gasmask:

Last week after the defeat to Wycombe they were suggesting he'd taken them as far as he could. They seem to really stick on the Trundle signing, overlooking the likes of Fontaine, Elliott, Gerken.. and even Maynard.

Mind you, it's a bit like that on here at times :laugh:

Thought I'd take a look at the blue chums forum. Reading through the obligatory threads about our great club, I found some gems. Nearly spat me cornflakes over the screen. My personal faves have to be...

'If Trolls had wasted £1m on Trundle and all the rest of the crap fatty Johnson has bought....he'd be compared to Ollie and considered bad for the club'

'If Johnson is so great, why isn't he working in the Premier League? And why has only a few minor honours over the years? Trolls is a young manager with little experience but has already a promotion and a cup final under his belt and guided the club to their highest point for many years. An underachieving old has been or someone with bags of potential? Tricky choice'.

In response to the aquisition of Evander Sno...'We've also got a striker in Darryl Duffy who has played Champions League football so that card isn't impressing anyone'.

What? He played 1 game 6 years ago.And he only managed 6 mins at that.

Sno has played 10 games against teams like AC Milan, Man Ure etc and will play more and more as he gets older.

Hmm £1m well spent in my opinion though, seeing as he got us to the play off final. This guy is evidently forgetting the bargain buys of Adriano Basso, Jamie McCombe, Marvin Elliot, Dean Gerken and Jamie McAllister, all of whom the sags could afford at the time just like we could, and would walk into their team. Then we have Hartley, Sno, Maynard, Nyatanga and Haynes, who are all either of Championship/Premier League class, or have bags of potential.

Well working your way up at places such as Kettering, and teams such as Latvia, what exactly does this guy expect him to win? This is GJ's first job at this level, so he's also inexperienced, yet has taken us from the bottom of League One to on the brink of the Premier League. Trolls managed to get them out of League Two, and into mid-table League One, no doubt a good success, but nothing on GJ. The question does beg to be asked, if GJ is so cack, why did he manage to get City from 24th in League One to 3rd in the Championship in less than 3 years? Meanwhile it's taken Trollope an extra year to do a worse job.

Hilarious.

What? He played 1 game 6 years ago.And he only managed 6 mins at that.

Sno has played 10 games against teams like AC Milan, Man Ure etc and will play more and more as he gets older.

The Daryl Duffy one did make me giggle!

We all know we have players that have PROPERLY played in the champions league group stages, not the bloody quailfying rounds which lets get it into some perspective NON PROFFESIONALS play in these qualifying rounds with teams like Neath from wales!

As for the Trundle thing as others have said the Gas do like to keep banging on about it. So what GJ made a msitake big deal even the best make big money mistakes (sir alex-Veron springs to mind) Rovers are just extremly jealous that we can afford to make big money mistakes, they cannont even comprehend spending 500k let alone 1 mill.

They are a small club with a small club menatality, its quite sad really :crying:

As for the Trundle thing as others have said the Gas do like to keep banging on about it.

Also I don't recall us buying Trundle in L1, we got out of that league with Jevons, Savage & Smith :noexpression:

Johnson spent a million on Trundle and in Trundle's first season we finished fourth in the Championship, a Division that Bristol Rovers haven't competed in for over 16 years by the way, and we reached the Play Off final thanks to Trundle's strike in the second leg. What a disastrous buy! They just love to go on about Johnson's 'disastrous buys' as if every player they ever buy is a raging success, whilst also conveniently forgetting the great buys Johnson's made in his time here. They are so bitter and jealous of us i genuinely worry for their sanity.

The Daryl Duffy comment is just brilliant!

Johnson spent a million on Trundle and in Trundle's first season we finished fourth in the Championship, a Division that Bristol Rovers haven't competed in for over 16 years by the way, and we reached the Play Off final thanks to Trundle's strike in the second leg. What a disastrous buy! They just love to go on about Johnson's 'disastrous buys' as if every player they ever buy is a raging success, whilst also conveniently forgetting the great buys Johnson's made in his time here. They are so bitter and jealous of us i genuinely worry for their sanity.

The Daryl Duffy comment is just brilliant!

Which happens to be higher than they've ever finished in their ENTIRE history !

I have a few rovers mates and was speaking to one last night who never misses home games and goes to a few away games. I asked him about yesterday and he said they were awful and Millwall had about 9 injuries i think, yes rovers are in 4th(?) but pretty certain they will be sliding down the table very soon. Two of their games they have won has been with a penalty 1-0 and another 2-1 with 2 penalties with another penalty getting them on their way yesterday. They wont be getting all this help throughout the season and i cannot see them doing anything challenging at all - my prediction is they will be about 12-14th (hopefully im 10 out and they are 22-24 ;)

Sometimes the overwhelming waft of gas brings a breath of fresh air showing us just how jealous the blue few are of our potential, OK Johnson's older but Trollope's got a fine outfit to really battle in the premier ... the blue square.

I wonder what the reaction would be if a gas head had a pop at Lee Johnson.

Maybe that's a bit extreme, but there seems to be a groundswell of support for Trundle, like many football fans we'll stick up for our club but are prone to shooting it down ourselves. Good to see the guy getting support for what he did well, come the end of the season he played his back-side off for us and nearly got what he deserved in a shot at the top but sadly it didn't happen.

As for the champions league quote, a free scoring UEFA cup player couldn't establish himself in our squad, what does that say about BCFC and the championship in general?

Archived