IGNORED

The World Is His Oyster

eric04

To be fair I could actually argue one of Johnsons quotes there.....

"You name me a player who has done well in the Championship that did well the previous year in League One. They don't tend to set the Championship alight in their first season."

Jason Scotland didnt do too badly for Swansea last year.

And if I remember rightly didnt Leroy Lita move to Reading when they were in the Championship and he didnt do too badly there in his first season.

I think what Johnson meant was more to do with younger players making the step up rather than the older more expereicenced ones, so I guess im just being petty!!!! But there are quite a few players who have made the step up from League One to Championship without too many problems.

Bradley Orr, Adriano Basso pretty much the rest of the team who played in league one Gary....

But i get what he means. Actually looking at the past few years leading scorers in league one it's a surprise to see so few of them ever doing anything above that level. But then again it is a poor level where you can be quick and score 20+

We're 5 games in, not 35. Maynard's goals have always come in bunches (perhaps injury related) so lets hope that's changed.

Archived