IGNORED

Bubble Trips ...

swampy

We all know that bubble trips are a farce. Maybe one of the 200+ supporters who attended tonight's game at the 'Liberty' Stadium could explain why ... these few die hards will continue to ensure that such malpractices continue. Without being too harsh, anybody prepared to be dictated to in such an authoritarian way by both clubs and police or whoever is not being particularly helpful. An away attendance of zero would have hammered home the point very effectively. Tonight's way supporters were not being loyal to the cause or whatever cliche they might use. Sorry - maybe suckers or lemmings would be better ... The long-term welfare of supporters is not helped by such behaviour. In what other sport would supporters tolerate being treated in such a way? 'Football isn't a matter of life or death - it's more important than that' (Bill Shankly). Sadly, it's that's sort of misguided belief that motivates so many supporters. Football is just a game - life and death matter far more in the big scheme of things ...

Guest bigcheese
We all know that bubble trips are a farce. Maybe one of the 200+ supporters who attended tonight's game at the 'Liberty' Stadium could explain why ... these few die hards will continue to ensure that such malpractices continue. Without being too harsh, anybody prepared to be dictated to in such an authoritarian way by both clubs and police or whoever is not being particularly helpful. An away attendance of zero would have hammered home the point very effectively. Tonight's way supporters were not being loyal to the cause or whatever cliche they might use. Sorry - maybe suckers or lemmings would be better ... The long-term welfare of supporters is not helped by such behaviour. In what other sport would supporters tolerate being treated in such a way? 'Football isn't a matter of life or death - it's more important than that' (Bill Shankly). Sadly, it's that's sort of misguided belief that motivates so many supporters. Football is just a game - life and death matter far more in the big scheme of things ...

Can't say I understand the bubble treatment, but then again dont understand some of the quantity of police they have at some games at AG.. After a bit of banter with the opposition during the game, after the game you tend to walk by them, y'know, as they walk along with their kids n stuff... sheesh!

:fastasleep:

We had about 200 go last night I believe? have you ever stopped to wonder if these 200 that went, would have went by CATS regardless of whether it was a bubble match or not??

Without being too harsh, anybody prepared to be dictated to in such an authoritarian way by both clubs and police or whoever is not being particularly helpful.

What goes around comes around because - hopefully - the South Wales Police chiefs that ordered the bubble trip will be hit with redunduncies with no redundancy payouts as per the link below....

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics...-necessary.html

Cuts in public services must now be made on the orders of Gordon Brown-noser and the South Wales Police should be first to face the axe. I would have been able to go to that match at the last minute yesterday evening were it not for the 'bubble' restrictions.

I had no idea what "Bubble " games are- what an education !

So if I, a greying,middle-aged, respectable citizen took it into my head, on a whim, to drive across and see the Swansea game I would be prevented from doing so as the powers-that-be believe I would be bound to heave a brick at the opposing fans ?

Have I got that right ?

If so it's truly insulting, and a restriction of personal liberties.

So if I, a greying,middle-aged, respectable citizen took it into my head, on a whim, to drive across and see the Swansea game I would be prevented from doing so as the powers-that-be believe I would be bound to heave a brick at the opposing fans ?

Have I got that right ?

Pretty much....yes. Dont you just love freedom of movement in this country!

Have I got that right ?

PHILIP BELGRAVE, England now is not the country you left. The whole UK has been turned into a Police camera surveillance state since you left for Australia. What I like most about the current economic situation is the fact that our Government can now no longer afford to pay for so many Police to be skiving and watching football for free while on duty. Our Prime Minister Gordon Brown told union delegates in Liverpool: "Labour will cut costs, cut inefficiencies, cut unnecessary programmes and cut lower priority budgets." It's up to us now to lobby the Government to cut 'unnecessary programmes' such as heavily Policed football bubble trips. :icecream:

Cuts must be made. :winner_third_h4h:

PHILIP BELGRAVE, England now is not the country you left. The whole UK has been turned into a Police camera surveillance state since you left for Australia. What I like most about the current economic situation is the fact that our Government can now no longer afford to pay for so many Police to be skiving and watching football for free while on duty. Our Prime Minister Gordon Brown told union delegates in Liverpool: "Labour will cut costs, cut inefficiencies, cut unnecessary programmes and cut lower priority budgets." It's up to us now to lobby the Government to cut 'unnecessary programmes' such as heavily Policed football bubble trips. :icecream:

Cuts must be made. :winner_third_h4h:

It's very sad.

From a personal point-of-view, and I'm sure that this goes for all exiles: trips to the U.K. are fleeting and few- and far -between. It would be tragic if the only game in which I could, conceivably, have seen CITY in action happened to be an away "Bubble" fixture. I know it's very much a "worst case scenario", but still..

And ,of course, it's far, far worse for you guys. This assumption that all football fans are would-be thugs is vastly insulting. There has to be a better way.

It's very sad.

From a personal point-of-view, and I'm sure that this goes for all exiles: trips to the U.K. are fleeting and few- and far -between. It would be tragic if the only game in which I could, conceivably, have seen CITY in action happened to be an away "Bubble" fixture. I know it's very much a "worst case scenario", but still..

And ,of course, it's far, far worse for you guys. This assumption that all football fans are would-be thugs is vastly insulting. There has to be a better way.

Unfortunately, our country has lost too many people like you that have emigrated and we're the worst for it.

Have I got that right ?

...That's exactly right!

It ain't 1029254063a062983df6.jpg

It's a load of B*LL*CKS!!!

The way i see it, the 200+ who went, fair play wanted to see the game and support the boys etc, but they are the ones keeping the bubble alive and ruining it for the rest of us.

I actually booked the afternoon off work when i heard swansea on a tues wasnt a bubble, could have been a good laugh going on the train with a few beers and hitting a few boozers around the area, but no way am i being forced to go on a coach. that to me isnt an idea of having a good time.

mind you, the issue surrounding the bubble is the same as premier players wages. everybody moans about it, but until the regular joe bloggs fan stops going to these games in protest of such things, then nothing will ever change. FACT.

Archived