IGNORED

Any News About Refs Report?

bristolcitysweden

You're more likely to see to govenrment relax the 30-year rule on releasing confidential documents.

I may well be wrong but I don't think the referee's reports ever get in the public domain. The club has talked vaguely about an infringement and the only extra detail I noticed came in the Paul Cheesley column in the programme when he said it was apparently a foul on McCombe.

I also have been wondering about this. Just today I've seen another reference in a newspaper article to the infringement that caused Palace's 'goal' to be disallowed, but there were no details as to the nature of the foul and nothing about the source, which, if legitimate, could presumably only be the Ref's report, or perhaps the FA.

Personally, I am still smouldering with indignation about the smug Telegraph Football Correspondent's public accusation of cheating, which has never been withdrawn in the light of the fact that the goal was disallowed for valid reasons. If I had access to irrefutable evidence, I wouldn't hesitate to complain to his Sports Editor, but how does one obtain confirmation of what the final outcome was?

What actually happened to the officials, have they since been allowed back out to officiate a game?

According to soccerbase, Rob Shoebridge referred games 8th, 11th & 15th (us) August.

Then he's done League Cup, League One & League Two (3 games total) since then.

So he seems to be back.

He's doing Barnsley v Swansea today.

Not going to dig for the linesman (Chris Knowles) but he's doing Watford v Leicester today so presume he's also been back and about.

According to soccerbase, Rob Shoebridge referred games 8th, 11th & 15th (us) August.

Then he's done League Cup, League One & League Two (3 games total) since then.

So he seems to be back.

He's doing Barnsley v Swansea today.

Not going to dig for the linesman (Chris Knowles) but he's doing Watford v Leicester today so presume he's also been back and about.

Beat me to it. I see our fourth official today is K Johnson (I'm desperately searching for an omen).

Beat me to it. I see our fourth official today is K Johnson (I'm desperately searching for an omen).

Karen? Gary's older sister?

What really annoyed me about this was Keith Hackett's apology to Palace before he'd even spoken to the officials.

I note he then apologised to Wenger for his sending off at Old Trafford. I think if I was a referee I'd be thinking "With friends like these...".

Archived