IGNORED

Phone Lines Are Open Now !

rayer

Brilliant.

BUT TOO ######G LATE !

If they'd said they were going to do this yesterday I could have saved myself a 200 mile round trip to drive my season ticket down to my sister in Bristol last night and she could have saved herself an unnecessary wait in the queues this morning.

months of planning my....

• Admin
Brilliant.

BUT TOO ######G LATE !

If they'd said they were going to do this yesterday I could have saved myself a 200 mile round trip to drive my season ticket down to my sister in Bristol last night and she could have saved herself an unnecessary wait in the queues this morning.

months of planning my....

So they saw an oppurtunity to improve on what was already a smoothly running operation and you'd have preferred they ignored it?

So they saw an oppurtunity to improve on what was already a smoothly running operation and you'd have preferred they ignored it?
No - they were right to open the phone lines.

But if they'd decided to do this yesterday I could have saved myself an unnecessary journey.

It was annoying enough to have to make the journey yesterday - and while I realise that the phone lines were opened with good intentions today, it does rub salt into the wound a bit !

Why the hell didnt they just open the phone lines at 9.00am???? It would have saved an awful lot of trouble and inconvenience for many people.To open them 5hrs after the tickets went on sale is a bit of a joke.If it was running smootly why change it? If they had people and terminals availible from the start why not use them?!!

I would have gladly strolled into work at 8.55am and sat on the phone rather than getting to ashton gate after a 45min drive at 7.30am to que for my ticket.My boss was really :dunno: when i turned up for duty at 11.00am!!!!

I can reasure you that planning did go into it, and the plans that I was given at a FCC meeting back in Febuary are very similar to those running now.

Yes they've opened the phone lines this afternoon, perhaps in hindsight this should have been stated at the start. But on the whole, the operation seems to running one heck of a lot better than last year.

They are clearly learning from there mistakes, if still making a few.

Hope for the future at least :dunno:

Sorry Tom, I've calmed down a bit now - as I said in the previous reply it just rubbed salt into the wound after yesterdays (now unnecessary trip)

But, next time is it worth taking the needs of long-distance fans into consideration too when making improvements to ticket sales.

Something simple like opening the phone lines today would have solved the problem at a stroke and saved me and people like me unneccessary stress.

Can you raise that at the next meeting for me ?

I can reasure you that planning did go into it, and the plans that I was given at a FCC meeting back in Febuary are very similar to those running now.

Yes they've opened the phone lines this afternoon, perhaps in hindsight this should have been stated at the start. But on the whole, the operation seems to running one heck of a lot better than last year.

They are clearly learning from there mistakes, if still making a few.

Hope for the future at least :dunno:

To be reassured that planning did go into the process does not help.

Under what criteria could the decision of personal attendees only be made. For exiled fans to be disadvantaged is simply wrong. The only equitable system was to have phone lines open from the start. To change it after the morning session does not correct the initial error. In fact, if anything, it makes my level of annoyance higher as it intimates that they realise that a mistake had been made.

Lets hope that the Club and the FCC representatives learn from these mistakes.

Guest Madlisa

Don't normally post :dunno: more of a reader :dunno: but thanks for letting us know the ticket line was open :laugh: Don't have to take the afternoon off of work now tomorrow :P

Guest rossitl

what a joke!!!!!!! do they mean to take the ################ or what!!!!!!!

my brother took a sicky to go down waited an hour an a half, when I/he could have phoned up by lunchtime

total lack of communication and not very professional in my opinion

I'm sure from the outside in we would look like a laughing stock

Archived