IGNORED

Football Specials

foghornred

:city: I noticed that the Gas are not only offering a coach for their game at Norwich but a Football Special train going to Norwich with a last pick up (stop) at Bath,traveling first class for £45.

I remember the Football specials that City used to run long ago and feel that its about time that we were given a choice of means of travel to places like Newcastle etc.

I know that a lot of our fans do go to matches by train and I'm sure that more would go if it was offered as an option.

:city: I noticed that the Gas are not only offering a coach for their game at Norwich but a Football Special train going to Norwich with a last pick up (stop) at Bath,traveling first class for £45.

I remember the Football specials that City used to run long ago and feel that its about time that we were given a choice of means of travel to places like Newcastle etc.

I know that a lot of our fans do go to matches by train and I'm sure that more would go if it was offered as an option.

The last football special I can remember going on was to York in about '84, when Tom Ritchie netted right in front of us.

Was that the last one or have there been any more in the last quarter of a century? :dunno:

remember going to Carlisle in the FA Cup on a special where a certain Peter Beardsley was playing for them. It was a 0-0 draw but anyone any idea when it was?

We drew Carlisle away in the F.A.Cup in 1980, drawing 1-1 away then winning the replay 5-0 at the Gate.

That would tie in with Beardsley's early days at Carlisle.

Archived