IGNORED

We Hate Basso?

freezer

Good evening ladies. I gave up my sunny Dolman season ticket foc to a mateof mine and ventured into the East End on Saturday to see what it was like.

Not the best view of the action, not one ray of sunshine, but fair play there was a lot of noise and I never really heard any of the other stands at all. Was there any singing in the Atyeo or Dolman, or Williams!?

Basso got a lot of positive praise and support from the left hand side of the East End but in the second half there were at least four occasions when a group from the right of the East End started up a 'we hate Basso' chant that didn't catch on.

I don't love or hate him, but any player wearing our shirt does not deserve that sort of treatment, especially one who saved us from conceading a goal with an outstanding save.

LJ, Sproule, McCombe or whoever is disliked has never had such chants thrown at them and I think it is bang out of order.

So to those who chanted it I say.....poor show!

Good evening ladies. I gave up my sunny Dolman season ticket foc to a mateof mine and ventured into the East End on Saturday to see what it was like.

Not the best view of the action, not one ray of sunshine, but fair play there was a lot of noise and I never really heard any of the other stands at all. Was there any singing in the Atyeo or Dolman, or Williams!?

Basso got a lot of positive praise and support from the left hand side of the East End but in the second half there were at least four occasions when a group from the right of the East End started up a 'we hate Basso' chant that didn't catch on.

I don't love or hate him, but any player wearing our shirt does not deserve that sort of treatment, especially one who saved us from conceading a goal with an outstanding save.

LJ, Sproule, McCombe or whoever is disliked has never had such chants thrown at them and I think it is bang out of order.

Adriano Basso is a proffessional footballer who thinks, rightly or wrongly, that he can better himself. There is nothing wrong with that, and the only critisism I have of him was his timing. Allowing us to let Weale go, and then throw this upon us right at the end of pre-season was the worst possible time. However, he is coming to the end of his carreer, and probably wants one last chance to make it into the big time, although most people think that if he did go to a Premier League side, he would only ever be third choice, and probably never play again. His choice. As long as he gives 100% when called upon for us, I have no problem with him at all, and from what I have seen this last week, that is exactly what he will give us.

Call themselves City fans chhhhhhhhh need a good seeing to if you ask me!! :bruce_h4h:

there was a lot of noise and I never really heard any of the other stands at all. Was there any singing in the Atyeo or Dolman, or Williams!?

A viewpoint from front Dolman.....

The other stands were quite subdued...as was the eastend compared to usual - do more seats and more fans spread and dilute the singing section?

Interesting you say you cant hear the other stands - It always slightly disappointed me that the Eastend does not seem to join in the same song when the rest of the ground (rarely) launch a chorus such as 'come on you reds' etc. Never knew if this was due to choice, or unawareness - However, on Saturday for the first time, this did seem to happen, Eastend following the Atyeo. Great to hear.

I didnt hear any anti Basso songs either, just "Basso Basso sign yer deal"

And for anyone else wondering, no we generally cant hear other stands, and it was only when I won the PL and sat in the directors box that I was able to hear just how much the atmosphere has improved in the other stands, especially the Atyeo. Was great to be able to hear it.

*disclaimer, this opinion was based on one game, and is not necessarily 100% accurate* :innocent06:

Well, apologies all round from me then, I must have misheard - does 'all hate gas scum' sound like 'all hate Basso' anyway? Oh well must've been just my ears then.

Enjoyed my visit in the East End, some great singing and support. Crap view of the game though compared to the Dolman and am looking forward to getting back there and freestyling with my verbal support and being with those familiar characters around me.

I loved hearing 'bow legged chicken', too many songs about the Gas though - forget 'em - and giving the keeper a hard time as he takes a goalkick and after is quality.

Shame the result didn't match up, but that is football.

Keep up the good work. I shall return.

ps As I walked into the East End with a lady friend she said where shall we sit, I said where do you fancy, she replied 'I don't mind, but the ball pond looks a bit lively'. The sight of all those inflateables bouncing about was great.

Archived