IGNORED

Second Class Post

Martyn Hocking

There is a long standing rule on this forum that gives users freedom to 'attack the post but not the poster'. Seems to me that freedom is being abused by a number of people this week.

While this may be down to frustration at last week's result - still bugging me, anyway - we run the risk of driving away posters who provide some of the liveliest debates precisely because they are swimming against the tide of opinion.

My own week on here has featured someone telling me I was talking 'total shite'. This is completely unnecessary abuse (and thanks to the mods for sorting).

Since then we have had someone posting a poll inviting others to ridicule another member of this forum (this vanished so thanks again to mods if they deleted it).

Fair play to the poster who was the object of that 'poll' for continuing to plough his often lonely furrow of frustrations at what he sees at AG each week. While I have disagreed with many of his moans, the otib legend that is AY deserves respect for his 50 odd years of experience watching City.

(His lone voice refusing to 'go a bundle on Trundle' at a time when many others were raving about LT also turned out to be spot on sadly...).

Win, lose or (more likely draw) tomorrow, can we have a bit less personal abuse this weekend?

Well_red

There is a long standing rule on this forum that gives users freedom to 'attack the post but not the poster'. Seems to me that freedom is being abused by a number of people this week.

While this may be down to frustration at last week's result - still bugging me, anyway - we run the risk of driving away posters who provide some of the liveliest debates precisely because they are swimming against the tide of opinion.

My own week on here has featured someone telling me I was talking 'total shite'. This is completely unnecessary abuse (and thanks to the mods for sorting).

Since then we have had someone posting a poll inviting others to ridicule another member of this forum (this vanished so thanks again to mods if they deleted it).

Fair play to the poster who was the object of that 'poll' for continuing to plough his often lonely furrow of frustrations at what he sees at AG each week. While I have disagreed with many of his moans, the otib legend that is AY deserves respect for his 50 odd years of experience watching City.

(His lone voice refusing to 'go a bundle on Trundle' at a time when many others were raving about LT also turned out to be spot on sadly...).

Win, lose or (more likely draw) tomorrow, can we have a bit less personal abuse this weekend?

Well_red

Oh get stuffed you ****!

ps mods:only joking

To be honest it's been getting like that for a while now (I think at least). I must admit, I rarely spend longer than 5 minutes a day browsing through here, it's just got to the point where no matter how good a post is, it's slagged off by someone else, or it's just highjacked and turns into a slanging match.

Having said that though, having been on these forums for quite a few years now, you get to know what to read and what not to. The problem is, I think that there are many others who feel the same, hence the hole that has appeared.

Never mind, onwards and upwards, let's just make sure we're all on the same page come game time!!

To be honest it's been getting like that for a while now (I think at least). I must admit, I rarely spend longer than 5 minutes a day browsing through here, it's just got to the point where no matter how good a post is, it's slagged off by someone else, or it's just highjacked and turns into a slanging match.

Having said that though, having been on these forums for quite a few years now, you get to know what to read and what not to. The problem is, I think that there are many others who feel the same, hence the hole that has appeared.

Never mind, onwards and upwards, let's just make sure we're all on the same page come game time!!

there are occasional threads which are well worth a read and to contribute but not many. Still a good forum though... imo. :tumbleweed:

Archived