IGNORED

Tony Adams

RedM

I had the pleasure of meeting Tony adams today whilst at Tamworth Services, what a nice man he was.

After a bit of chat I asked him what he was doing now, he said he was working for Feyenoord and was going to Derby v City today. I jokingly asked if he was looking at any of our players and he said Evander Sno was 'one of his' and was going to watch him. He said he had been to Coventry but not seen much of him. He asked me if I thought he would be playing today.

I said I had only seen him once myself and he asked what i thought of him. I said I was impressed as apparantly he was not match fit. He said that I should note that although Sno could play in any of possibly 5 positions you would only really get the best of of him if played in one of his favoured 3.

I said we were a team certainly lacking in goals and would be looking him to create or score and hope he would today, fingers crossed. We both laughed and said our goodbyes.

I'm not sure what Feyenoord are doing looking at a player who is supposedly on a season long loan with us, I didn't think it was my business to ask other than issue a 'hands off' and laugh with him, as as I said he was polite and friendly and I didn't want to upset him!

Oh and I thought Sno was MOTM today.

I met Tony in the hospitality last season when I won the prediction league. He was shoving cakes into his suit pocket, he said to take back out for the second half. :D

I thought he was lovely too, my Mum had one of those star struck moments where she couldn't speak, but he was really down to earth.

Archived