IGNORED

The Illness / Injury Excuse

Maesknoll Red

• Admin

We have a big squad, we've not exactly been scraping the barrel even when certain players haven't been available for selection, yet we have continued with the failure to score, to play entertaining and attacking football.

Compare us with Bournemouth, they have a squad of approx 20 players, with 7 or 8 injuries, they could only put three subs on the bench today, instead of the permitted seven, one of whom is a coach who basically retired 2 years ago with a bad knee and a 16 year old still at school. They top their division and have a +10 goal difference.

I can echo some of Greebo's thoughts from another post, I certainly haven't felt entertained for a while now, its as bad as Wilson's last season, which culminated in a negative play-off final.

Lets get positive please Gary, lets win one, lose one, if necessary to entertain, thats still a better points haul than drawing.

Guest ashtonyate
We have a big squad, we've not exactly been scraping the barrel even when certain players haven't been available for selection, yet we have continued with the failure to score, to play entertaining and attacking football.

Compare us with Bournemouth, they have a squad of approx 20 players, with 7 or 8 injuries, they could only put three subs on the bench today, instaed of the permitted seven, one of whom is a coach who basically retired 2 years ago with a bad knee and a 16 year old still at school. They top their division and have a +10 goal difference.

I can echo some of Greebo's thoughts from another post, I certainly haven't felt entertained for a while now, its as bad as Wilson's last season, which culminated in a negative play-off final.

Lets get positive please Gary, lets win one, lose one, if necessary to entertain, thats still a better points haul than drawing.

This could be the end of the world a mod admitting we have a problem what do you think Edson

Guest ashtonyate
Admin, actually!!

You obviously haven't read many of my posts (not that there are too many), I have been critical of the lack of entertainment and goals since the latter half of last season.

Fair enough mate it should not be like this its testing even the most loyal supporter, I can't face watching it much more its such a wast the club is losing momentum which is a pity

Another comparison, Spurs strikers, Keane, Defoe and Crouch have all got hat tricks this season, I can't remember the last time we had a hat trick scorer. The last one I saw may well be Scott Murray.

I was think exactly the same. When one of your boys scores a hat-trick you can go to the site/factory/college/ school/office or wherever on a Monday morning and feel a sense of pride in your team. Our mob cannot even score two goals as a whole team on a very regular basis let alone having players scoring hat-tricks.

Injuries always happen, it's a part of football. You either deal with them or struggle i feel we have dealt with the injuries fairly well. However I do feel this virus problem we have is being very badly managed (club doctor rather than GJ's fault probably) when i hear that this player or that player has been seen at the ground looking like a chipmunk i really do wonder as to who is managing the problem, and why they are not using some common sense and telling players to stay away until our medical staff can check them out at home would have been better than the whole "everyone has their own water bottle/ toilet seat" solution.

Injuries always happen, it's a part of football. You either deal with them or struggle i feel we have dealt with the injuries fairly well. However I do feel this virus problem we have is being very badly managed (club doctor rather than GJ's fault probably) when i hear that this player or that player has been seen at the ground looking like a chipmunk i really do wonder as to who is managing the problem, and why they are not using some common sense and telling players to stay away until our medical staff can check them out at home would have been better than the whole "everyone has their own water bottle/ toilet seat" solution.

Agree 100%....but then we've had this conversation already... and just when we think we've come to the end of the illness.....what did Skuse miss out with today? No idea if it's the same thing, but even so....not a healthy training camp. And on the basis that we had, with the exception of Skuse and Gerken, we had a full squad to pick from today, the illness excuse can no longer be used for pi$$ poor performances.

Compare us with Bournemouth, they have a squad of approx 20 players, with 7 or 8 injuries, they could only put three subs on the bench today, instead of the permitted seven, one of whom is a coach who basically retired 2 years ago with a bad knee and a 16 year old still at school. They top their division and have a +10 goal difference.

Make that 2 of us!

Can't argue much about that :cool2:

Archived