IGNORED

When People Say 'keep The Faith'...

Morning all!

I'm an ardent Johnson supporter (previous posts on this topic will demonstrate this), but this season even i can see that something needs changing. People keep saying keep the faith, and to be fair i used to always spout the nil desperandum, in johnson we trust line. But does this just mean that if i still do believe, things will suddenly improve? We will play the same way, with the same people and we'll suddenly start winning 2-0, 3-1 etc? Or does it mean that if i keep the faith, Johnson has the tactical knowledge and experience to spot that something is wrong and change it?

I think at present, i still have faith in Johnson (rightly or wrongly, i can'y help it), but even i can see we are better than this, cappable of playing much better football and as such do not have faith in the way he set's his side out and plays at present.

I truly believe that McIndoe aside, we have a far better group of players than when we came up and that we are capable of playing great football and really getting stuck into sides, we just don't.

On the pitch, what needs to change?

p.s I take we are all agreement that McCombe is one of the best value signings ever, but falls so short of the Championship standard required, it's unreal?

Morning all!

I'm an ardent Johnson supporter (previous posts on this topic will demonstrate this), but this season even i can see that something needs changing. People keep saying keep the faith, and to be fair i used to always spout the nil desperandum, in johnson we trust line. But does this just mean that if i still do believe, things will suddenly improve? We will play the same way, with the same people and we'll suddenly start winning 2-0, 3-1 etc? Or does it mean that if i keep the faith, Johnson has the tactical knowledge and experience to spot that something is wrong and change it?

I think at present, i still have faith in Johnson (rightly or wrongly, i can'y help it), but even i can see we are better than this, cappable of playing much better football and as such do not have faith in the way he set's his side out and plays at present.

I truly believe that McIndoe aside, we have a far better group of players than when we came up and that we are capable of playing great football and really getting stuck into sides, we just don't.

On the pitch, what needs to change?

p.s I take we are all agreement that McCombe is one of the best value signings ever, but falls so short of the Championship standard required, it's unreal?

First - McCombe is being embarrassed on a weekly basis...a great servant to the club but now simply out of his depth. Nyatanga is the answer.

Someone said on another post (and got shot down immediately) that the difference between us being seen as successful this season and seeing the side as underachieving is a series of little things...the late goals conceded against Preston and Scunny being examples...

...there's something in that. Yesterday we had a golden chance to take control of the game after 2 minutes...and Saborio blew it. It was SO obvious at the time that that would come back to haunt us.

I don't think there is much wrong right now that time won't put right. Sno and Hartley are stars and they need to know each others game before they start to shine.

What's needed is a settled team...we need the midfield to work out how to get the best out of each other and out of Nicky Maynard.

I don't think width is the issue. Maynard is brilliant running on to the through ball - we need to give him more to run on to.

Archived