IGNORED

Change Managers?

I hate the thought of city chopping and changing managers. The last time we came up to this division we had a couple of seasons of 'success' of sorts then got involved in a managerial merry go round and we ended up with 12/13 years in the wilderness.

I hate the thought of Johnson going , but i wonder if this is less to do with the man himself and more ot do with thought of an unknown quantity coming in and ballsing things up further?

Oh yeah, just watching match of the day and Phil Brown does indeed look a **** with his headset on.

Guest ashtonyate
I hate the thought of city chopping and changing managers. The last time we came up to this division we had a couple of seasons of 'success' of sorts then got involved in a managerial merry go round and we ended up with 12/13 years in the wilderness.

I hate the thought of Johnson going , but i wonder if this is less to do with the man himself and more ot do with thought of an unknown quantity coming in and ballsing things up further?

Oh yeah, just watching match of the day and Phil Brown does indeed look a **** with his headset on.

I know what you are saying and you are right its not an option to be taken lightly,I don't think we are at that stage yet but if things don't start to get better by Christmas then Its an Option.

I think in any line of business you have to give people time to do the job. Some could say - and are saying on here - that Gary had his moment in getting us out of League One...I'd say that that was part one of the job.

Part two was getting us established as a respectable Championship club...I think he's done that. Yesterday we played a side full of players with experience at this level or above, playing week in week out in a purpose built stadium in front of 25k plus fans...and whilst we hardly set the world on fire we were well in the game until the sending off. The resources of Derby or a dozen other ex-Prem clubs in this division are what we dream of.

Part three is making us promotion contenders. I think he's working on that. The summer signings are surely intended to replace the last remnants of the League One side...or at least those who will never cut it consistently at this level. Gary needs time. And the players need time. So far this season has been blighted by illness and injury. I'm looking forward to a settled side with Sno, Hartley and Elliot all established in midfield, with Maynard and a rotating cast of confident partners up front and Nyatanga at the back.

We can judge progress when we've seen a few months of that.

Guest ashtonyate
I think in any line of business you have to give people time to do the job. Some could say - and are saying on here - that Gary had his moment in getting us out of League One...I'd say that that was part one of the job.

Part two was getting us established as a respectable Championship club...I think he's done that. Yesterday we played a side full of players with experience at this level or above, playing week in week out in a purpose built stadium in front of 25k plus fans...and whilst we hardly set the world on fire we were well in the game until the sending off. The resources of Derby or a dozen other ex-Prem clubs in this division are what we dream of.

Part three is making us promotion contenders. I think he's working on that. The summer signings are surely intended to replace the last remnants of the League One side...or at least those who will never cut it consistently at this level. Gary needs time. And the players need time. So far this season has been blighted by illness and injury. I'm looking forward to a settled side with Sno, Hartley and Elliot all established in midfield, with Maynard and a rotating cast of confident partners up front and Nyatanga at the back.

We can judge progress when we've seen a few months of that.

When you look at the style of play since we came up its not really changed he has made it hard for teams to score against us by keeping it narrow.

By doing that its not letting us score Goal we have become predictably and boring to watch,he should have had a big influx of players after the first season which was one of his biggest mistakes and we have been paying for it ever since.

The big question is can he move on from the dross we have been serving up or not if not then he must go.

When you look at the style of play since we came up its not really changed he has made it hard for teams to score against us by keeping it narrow.

By doing that its not letting us score Goal we have become predictably and boring to watch,he should have had a big influx of players after the first season which was one of his biggest mistakes and we have been paying for it ever since.

The big question is can he move on from the dross we have been serving up or not if not then he must go.

Whether we can move on is indeed the big question. I for one think the jury is out. If Saborio had scored twice in the first half...I think we'd have a different view on the tactics...

And I commend the club for not repeating the mistakes of the past and seeking to build gradually.

An interesting but not very helpful statement.

Is he allowed 1 or 20 games , what happens if we win the the next 30 games 1-0 and we are automatically promoted?

Who would be your choice.

From my point of view the low point of watching City was Brighton in the play off final and since then we have been on a steady upward curve.

Johnson is doing a great job (we all make mistakes ) and is well repected by supporters of other clubs a sure indication that our profile is growing and he must be doing something right.

Continuity is the key, Johnson has radically altered the dynamics of the team and they must be allowed to gell even withought the virus this would have taken maybe 10 matches.

Everyone on here expected the team to hit the ground running and push on for promotion and once we we divert from this course this forum goes into meltdown.

In my opinion GJ will tinker with the formation and make us more attacking and I anticipate a finish in the play offs.

Thank you for reading

Johnson is doing a great job (we all make mistakes ) and is well repected by supporters of other clubs a sure indication that our profile is growing and he must be doing something right.

That means absolutely nothing. It is our supporters that need entertaining, we need to stop worrying what other people think of us, they are not the ones turning up (or not as is the case recently) every week funding the club.

I'm sure that if we can turn our dreadful away form around we might be able to finish nearer the top six, however at the moment we need to focus on two solid games in Blackpool then Newcastle and I feel we should get three points from those games. If we don't get anything out of the next couple of games then I think it would leave a big gap between City and the promotion contenders, leaving us to play catch up and hope that some of the teams above us fall out of form.

Archived