IGNORED

Bcfc

stroudy

I quite often come on here sometimes posting but more often than not I leave feeling rather dejected. Now I'm not going to come on here telling everyone there opinoins are wrong because everyone is entitled to there own views, what I am going to do is post my views.

I am not a happy clapper by any stretch of the imagination I also hope I have a realistic view on football. I do not buy into all this GJ has taken us as far as he can, I can think of many other clubs that would love him in charge at this moment in time, after all what position would you rather be in....I'm sure Ipswich fans would rather be us maybe even NCFC fans, yes there up there but the manager is temp at the moment and they have an owner not willing to spend and wanting out....Palace fans again have an owner wanting out and are selling all there young stars, all have been in the prem, are we really in that bad a situation the answer for me is a big NO.

I am going to give this club the patience it deserves so far this season we have bought in 9ish players, injuries and illness have swept through the club since pre season and we have ONLY lost 2 games, yes we haven't won as many as we would have liked but look at the table only 2 clubs are really pushing on NUFC and WBA.

I believe once the squad is back to full fitness and the new players have gelled we have a really good chance of finishing in the top half again, maybe even pushing for promotion.......am I happy to settle for that yes I am especially when I look at the table and see the clubs we are competing with.

I understand that GJ and SL have a plan for this club and to be honest would much rather we progress with the playing staff before we went up as more damage could be done than good if we went up and came straight back down before we are ready.

We are not yet a club people would look at and think we are in the top 5 teams within this league and I'm happy with that as we can go about our business without pressure.

I love this club with all my heart and hate it as much as anyone else when we lose to the extent of sometimes my wife won't hear a peep out of me for a couple of days but in no way would I change where we are and who we have in charge, we are progressing on and of the pitch and that is thanks to the chairman, board, management staff and playing staff, yes they all make bad decisions sometimes they are only human, how many of us can say in our jobs we never make a mistake I should imagine if we are honest none of us.

Again my views only but I hope maybe some people will read this post even reply to it and have a small amount of perspective on things, after all things could always be an awful lot worse.

The case for the defence put with great passion :thumbsup: Entirely justified IMO. None of which precludes sensible opinions to the contrary to do with selection, tactics etc. I accept the team gelling argument but I struggle to see that a player presented with an easy chance should miss it because he hasn't gelled, which seems to be the case with Saborio so far (talented player, but by my reckoning 5 good chances in 4 games, 1 scored, and this in a side that creates few chances in the first place). The need to gell should not be not an excuse for players or the manager to fall back on when it doesn't apply.

The case for the defence put with great passion :thumbsup: Entirely justified IMO. None of which precludes sensible opinions to the contrary to do with selection, tactics etc. I accept the team gelling argument but I struggle to see that a player presented with an easy chance should miss it because he hasn't gelled, which seems to be the case with Saborio so far (talented player, but by my reckoning 5 good chances in 4 games, 1 scored, and this in a side that creates few chances in the first place). The need to gell should not be not an excuse for players or the manager to fall back on when it doesn't apply.

Again I can only express my views, I agree maybe Saborio should have done better but the manager cannot kick the ball for him, mu only arguement would be that I remember a certain Mr Maynard missing a sitter at Blackpool last year...now look at him, with any luck the same will happen with Alvaro. Maynard went on to score 11 goals last year I will be more than happy for Alvaro to return that especially as he has no experience of english football.

Tactics are difficult, I have looked at our squad and I'll be honest I really struggle to pick our best 11 as we now have a squad to be proud of. When GJ finds the right formation and side we will kick on. Again he isn't doing that badly with tactics we have only lost 2 league games this season.

I appreciate your view on it all but I would like to ask you a question, would you prefer us to draw 3 games and pick up 3 points or lose 3 games 5-4? I can understand everyone calling for more attacking football but look at the teams that have been relegated from this league in recent history and the squads they have had, we are not in the position to say we are dead certs to stay up, anyone in this league can go up or down and I would rather we give ourselevs a chance to stay up. Besides I actually think during spells of this season we have looked quite attractive and I think the longer this season goes on the better we will do.

I also like to see our club progessing but on the pitch we are not. We have a stronger squad this year and yet we are still playing negative boring football.

Just a thought, if we have a better playing squad surely that means we are progressing on the pitch. we may not finish higher but that is surely down to the improvement in players in the league.

I quite often come on here sometimes posting but more often than not I leave feeling rather dejected. Now I'm not going to come on here telling everyone there opinoins are wrong because everyone is entitled to there own views, what I am going to do is post my views.

I am not a happy clapper by any stretch of the imagination I also hope I have a realistic view on football. I do not buy into all this GJ has taken us as far as he can, I can think of many other clubs that would love him in charge at this moment in time, after all what position would you rather be in....I'm sure Ipswich fans would rather be us maybe even NCFC fans, yes there up there but the manager is temp at the moment and they have an owner not willing to spend and wanting out....Palace fans again have an owner wanting out and are selling all there young stars, all have been in the prem, are we really in that bad a situation the answer for me is a big NO.

I am going to give this club the patience it deserves so far this season we have bought in 9ish players, injuries and illness have swept through the club since pre season and we have ONLY lost 2 games, yes we haven't won as many as we would have liked but look at the table only 2 clubs are really pushing on NUFC and WBA.

I believe once the squad is back to full fitness and the new players have gelled we have a really good chance of finishing in the top half again, maybe even pushing for promotion.......am I happy to settle for that yes I am especially when I look at the table and see the clubs we are competing with.

I understand that GJ and SL have a plan for this club and to be honest would much rather we progress with the playing staff before we went up as more damage could be done than good if we went up and came straight back down before we are ready.

We are not yet a club people would look at and think we are in the top 5 teams within this league and I'm happy with that as we can go about our business without pressure.

I love this club with all my heart and hate it as much as anyone else when we lose to the extent of sometimes my wife won't hear a peep out of me for a couple of days but in no way would I change where we are and who we have in charge, we are progressing on and of the pitch and that is thanks to the chairman, board, management staff and playing staff, yes they all make bad decisions sometimes they are only human, how many of us can say in our jobs we never make a mistake I should imagine if we are honest none of us.

Again my views only but I hope maybe some people will read this post even reply to it and have a small amount of perspective on things, after all things could always be an awful lot worse.

That sums up my feeling exactly, we are building for the future and that doesn't come over night. This is one of the most sensible posts I've read on here in ages well put Stroudy.

Again I can only express my views, I agree maybe Saborio should have done better but the manager cannot kick the ball for him, mu only arguement would be that I remember a certain Mr Maynard missing a sitter at Blackpool last year...now look at him, with any luck the same will happen with Alvaro. Maynard went on to score 11 goals last year I will be more than happy for Alvaro to return that especially as he has no experience of english football.

Tactics are difficult, I have looked at our squad and I'll be honest I really struggle to pick our best 11 as we now have a squad to be proud of. When GJ finds the right formation and side we will kick on. Again he isn't doing that badly with tactics we have only lost 2 league games this season.

I appreciate your view on it all but I would like to ask you a question, would you prefer us to draw 3 games and pick up 3 points or lose 3 games 5-4? I can understand everyone calling for more attacking football but look at the teams that have been relegated from this league in recent history and the squads they have had, we are not in the position to say we are dead certs to stay up, anyone in this league can go up or down and I would rather we give ourselevs a chance to stay up. Besides I actually think during spells of this season we have looked quite attractive and I think the longer this season goes on the better we will do.

I have no strong disagreement with what you say. I stress that the need to gell should not be an excuse for players, not just the manager. Saborio's misses are not Gary's fault. We may find out when everybody is fit what Gary thinks his best team is of course. We have indeed only lost 2; for me the problem is that not losing is Gary's priority, hence the paucity of goals. I have to say the only time this season I have seen us play attractively was first half v QPR. Much of the rest has been pedestrian. The players we have are capable of more, if they are allowed to play positively.

I have no strong disagreement with what you say. I stress that the need to gell should not be an excuse for players, not just the manager. Saborio's misses are not Gary's fault. We may find out when everybody is fit what Gary thinks his best team is of course. We have indeed only lost 2; for me the problem is that not losing is Gary's priority, hence the paucity of goals. I have to say the only time this season I have seen us play attractively was first half v QPR. Much of the rest has been pedestrian. The players we have are capable of more, if they are allowed to play positively.

I agree that gelling can only be used for so long but do need to take it into account as it will have an affect for a short period, I think by the middle of Oct the squad should be fitter, well the players who have been out and they should have an understanding of each others game by then also. I honestly think things will improve fairly soon.

I agree that gelling can only be used for so long but do need to take it into account as it will have an affect for a short period, I think by the middle of Oct the squad should be fitter, well the players who have been out and they should have an understanding of each others game by then also. I honestly think things will improve fairly soon.

I dont see what gelling has to do with our current problems? Ok we have brought in quite a few new faces fair enough, but to me this isnt the key issue.

The key issue is we have a completly unbalanced squad. Weather the sqaud gels or not the problem of width will not go away, we can only really play one formation and if we get an injury to a wing back we are well and trurly screwed.

I dont see what gelling has to do with our current problems? Ok we have brought in quite a few new faces fair enough, but to me this isnt the key issue.

The key issue is we have a completly unbalanced squad. Weather the sqaud gels or not the problem of width will not go away, we can only really play one formation and if we get an injury to a wing back we are well and trurly screwed.

Again only my view but I still think we have options:

4-3-3

Gerken

Orr Carey Fonts Nyantanga

Elliott Hartley Sno

Haynes Saborio Maynard

4-4-2

Gerken

Wilson Carey Fonts Mcallister

Sproule Hartley Sno Clarkson

Haynes Akinde

3-5-2 or 5-3-2 (Whichever way you c it)

Basso

Riberio Carey Mccombe Nyantanga Mcallister

Elliott Hartley

Clarkson

Maynard Sno

Plenty of options there and I haven't included a few players that could fill roles. One thing this squad has is versatility, we have a few players who can easily do a job in several positions.

Yes, we have come a long way and the squad we now have are well above last seasons and even more so than the season before.

I have no doubts about that, and I have no doubts that we could compete at the top end.

But yesterday, the management and subsequently the team were as hopeless as I've ever seen them and that rang some alarm bells for me.

We had one shot on target all game, and that was from a defender.

We had just 4 other shots all game.

We had 2 chances.

Maynard and Saborio were totally isolated as per our strikers last season and the season before.

That was with a virtually full strength squad from which to select a team and formation to beat a very poor Derby side who were there for the taking - and yet we could and should have lost that game 6-0.

I listened to SL before the game and he rightly raised the question of what do the supporters want ?

Do they want us to be a league one to championship yo-yo side ?

Or do they want us to be a top championship side and ultimately Premier League and europe ?

He was questioning the levels of support and needing to fill the new stadium.

Well, the answer was there to see yesterday.

Keep playing shite like that, and it will follow that we will be a league one side with league one attendances - and rightly so, because that's what the club will deserve, not the supporters.

I'm not saying that the manager should go by any stretch of the imagination, but I am saying that he has to improve on what he's done so far this season and be consistent in his approach and provide some consistency on the pitch.

I accept that there are better teams/squads than ours and that we won't win every game and there will be a few more games like yesterday. I also accept that there has been some extenuating circumstances like the virus and injuries.

But there was simply no excuse for yesterday and some honesty in that respect from GJ wouldn't go amiss.

Cynic..aptly named, why are you and so many others so keen to jump the gun this season ? For crying out loud lets wait til xmas at least and see whats happening then before doom and gloom starts filling the forum.

PDG

Cynic..aptly named, why are you and so many others so keen to jump the gun this season ? For crying out loud lets wait til xmas at least and see whats happening then before doom and gloom starts filling the forum.

PDG

PDG

You are attacking the wrong poster mate. Cynic might be his name but cynical of Gary Johnson he most definitely ain't. Of all the criticism that came the way of Johnson on Saturday it was Cynic's which concerned me the most as this is someone who always supports GJ and it led me to believe that if he is getting p1$$ed off with what he is watching then it must have been rank to say the least.

I do agree with your over-riding point, however, that we should give GJ a couple of months grace and see if he can alter the style of play to something more pleasing on the eye. But if he doesn't then people will be perfectly entitled to comment further.

Read it again.

I've given allowances for viruses and injuries in the previous games as that was something out of GJ's hands.

Saturday, he had virtually a full squad and it was unacceptable with just one shot on goal and 2 chances made.

That's rung some alarm bells.

We have the players and they gave 100% effort - but when players like Hartley didn't get out of our half and Sno is starved of the ball, and the front 2 are isolated and feeding on scraps like last season, something isn't right.

Xmas ? Too late by then mate, GJ needs to up his game now - we have the players it's up to him, no one else.

For what it's worth, I think he'll change things and play players to their strengths instead of fitting them in - maybe we'll then see the football I saw at Preston and part of the second half at Coventry, and the first half against QPR.

Have you forgotten last season so quickly.

Coming up to xmas i really had doubts we`d survive last season. I even posted as such. The xmas programme looked really tricky and the new year was looking bleak. But...They turned it around, dramatically so, only to let it slip towards the end of the season. So forgive me if i regard your `too late by then` comment with a pinch of salt.

Too many people seem to have lost their sense of reason and expectations are ridiculously high and unreasonable.

PDG

PDG

Because it's not jumping the gun, we have exactly the same problems as we often had last season and the season before, and therein lies the major problem, we have done absolutely nothing to address the problems we had, we almost totally lacked width last season baring McIndoe which was the major reason we scored so few goals and made so few chances (despite Johnsons, continious blaming of his strikers), but we got rid of him while keeping Sproule who is a bag of shite, and then just signed a shitload of central midfielders.

That is not progress. We have more tallented players on the pitch this season, but we are still making the same tactical mistakes we have been making for the last 3 seasons, which is beginning to get worrying and down right irritating.

Coming up to xmas i really had doubts we`d survive last season. I even posted as such. The xmas programme looked really tricky and the new year was looking bleak. But...They turned it around, dramatically so, only to let it slip towards the end of the season. So forgive me if i regard your `too late by then` comment with a pinch of salt.

Too many people seem to have lost their sense of reason and expectations are ridiculously high and unreasonable.

PDG

So why do we have to wait until xmas to start playing? whats wrong with now?

GJ has made some good signings, and replaced p;ayers he thought were not up to standard.

So the players coming in should slot into his team plans.

He chose these players by how they were performing in their playing positions, so why mess around with team too much.

Seems GJ style and so called playing systems are not working and is effecting the players.

He should be getting it right now, and not making us look crap!

So why do we have to wait until xmas to start playing? whats wrong with now?

GJ has made some good signings, and replaced p;ayers he thought were not up to standard.

So the players coming in should slot into his team plans.

He chose these players by how they were performing in their playing positions, so why mess around with team too much.

Seems GJ style and so called playing systems are not working and is effecting the players.

He should be getting it right now, and not making us look crap!

Who said anything about having to wait til xmas. read the posts ffs.

PDG

I think you should read your posts, where you were really worried before christmas but we turned it around.

Dont you think before you post?? ffs

Are you really that much of a muppet that you can`t fully read a sequence of posts to pick up the conversation or are you just happy to jump in at a level you feel more comfortable with.

PDG

Are you really that much of a muppet that you can`t fully read a sequence of posts to pick up the conversation or are you just happy to jump in at a level you feel more comfortable with.

PDG

Sorry son, but after reading a few of your replies, you seem keen on moaning! MUPPET.

PDG

:disapointed2se: Correct we should have to wait till the second half of a match to score; and till after xmas for a team littered with international players to wake up and play as, well a team would do.

Archived