IGNORED

Where Are The Goals?

Onthefence

No need to panic just yet - but surely city cannot make progress in the Championship unless we start scoring more goals and being more positive. Our first season in the Championship resulted in 54 goals scored and 53 conceded - a goal difference of +1. Last season we scored 54 goals and conceded 54, a goal difference of 0. This season we have scored 8 and conceded 9 so a -1 goal difference.

Basically we average just over a goal a game in each of the last 3 seasons which simply is not enough to sustain a promotion challenge, especially as our defence is in reality no better than our attack. Unless GJ adopts different tactics we are destined for a mid table finish at best.

Are we not all missing one important fact in the present bout of apparent mass hysteria and yes whilst the style of football that GJ and KM are presently dishing up bores the tits off me, does anyone else not think that the players should be having a long hard look at themselves? I agree that strikers cannot score without service and presently service appears to be as rare as a smile from Stuart Naylor, but, after atching the highlights from yesterday a few things strike me that possibly once they go over the white line GJ has little or no control over, these being:-

* - We have an international striker who allegedly is on over 10K a week, therefore I think we can safely say he takes home (notice i purposely left out the word "earns") more in a month than all of us earn in 12 months (and I doubt whether any of us can boast an ex miss Costa Rica to make our sandwiches!!!) who misses with a free header from six yards and then never looked confident on a one on one with the keeper.

* - We have a centre half and captain who should be respected and with his experience be well above being wound up by the likes of Rob Hulse. His reaction was that of an imbecile and to be quite honest presently he is an embarresment to our club. He has the turning circle of a super tanker and is clearly miles out of his depth in the championship. Personally if LC is not fit then I would make Bradders captain.

* - We then have a defence as a collective with five minutes ago away from home playing with ten men due to the idiotic behaviour of our "captain" who decide to push forward kamikaze style in search of a winner when I am sure that as much as we all wanted three points we would have settled for one. This left acres of space for the grateful Derby forwards to take maximum advantage of?

Yes i reiterate that GJ and KM have to act pretty dam quick to stop another season sliding in to dull mid table fare at best and with the present total of 24 points from the last 24 games a lot of other chairman would probably be getting a twitchy trigger finger, but, surely the players have to stand up and be counted and repay some of GJ's faith in them.

Now is the time for the management and players to clearly recognise that the vast majority of us have BCFC at heart and we want the best for our club BUT just as important we pay our hard earned to support our club and the minimum we expect is to be ENTERTAINED.

Yours a 40 year follower through thick and thin, a season ticket holder, a foundation member and a regular visitor to the club shop.

Good points made there SW.

24 points from our last 24 games is pretty poor it must be said. I don't want to see GJ leave - I still think he is a good manager, and know that we would struggle to find someone as good if the boo boys hounded him out. But I also think he and KM need to rethink their tatics a little - we need the goals from somewhere and agree the fans deserve some exciting football where the result is never in doubt. Sitting on a 1-0 or 2-1 lead or holding on for a draw and getting pipped at the post seems an all too familiar story of late. The fans will only be patient for so long

Archived