IGNORED

'city's Paul Hartley, Lee Johnson And Evander Sno Ran The Midfield By Playing Good Football'

comfortinsound

Just read in the paper a summary by a Derby fan, was wondering what you guys think:

Was it a good match?

A much needed win for Derby after 4 straight defeats and hopefully we can build on that. The sending off of Jamie Mccombe was the turning point. After that, we had loads of shots and were going to score sooner or later - in the end the goal came in the 85th minute when Gary Teale cut in from the left-hand side and hit the ball with his right foot. City played well in the first half and created a couple of chances.

Who played well/who had a nightmare?

Robbie Savage worked hard, threatened throughout and looked sharp. City's Paul Hartley, Lee Johnson and Evander Sno ran the midfield by playing good football. Sno was unlucky not to get his name on the scoresheet.

Very interesting indeed. At least he got 2 out of 3 right?! No mention of Elliot in midfield, proving he made no impact out there and was not noticeable. Really interesting to hear your views on this.

Elliot was lost on the left wing. I don't know if he just had a bad game or if he was really struggling with the position.

I didn't see much from Lee Johnson either to be honest. I thought it was the right decision to take him off.

Hartley was tidy and clearly has plenty of ability. He was beaten far too easily for their goal but he was the only one even trying to get back and cover for the out of position Orr.

Sno looks like he could be an excellent player but the challenge will be getting the best out of him. I thought he looked best in the middle running at players and driving things forward. Unfortunately he seemed to lack support when he did get forward. He tired quite badly towards the end and was doing nothing at all by the time he was subbed off. I guess this is an indication that he is not quite fully fit yet.

City didn't really boss the midfield to the extent that I hoped they would, although they were better in that department than a pretty poor Derby side. The difference really was that Derby had some decent wingers which made them look a lot more dangerous.

I would like to see Sno and Hartley together in central midfield and some genuine pace out wide. It'll be a shame if Blackman has to leave because we desperately need a quick left sided player to add balance.

I'd like to see this team:

--------------------------Basso

--Orr----------Carey---------Fontaine-------McAllister

-Haynes--------Sno--------Hartley-----Blackman

----------------Saborio-----Maynard

Have to agree that changes are needed. In goal either of our three as don't see one of them any better than the other. With a fully fit squad this would be my choce;

Any goalie

Carey Fontaine Nyatanga

Elliott

Haynes Sno Hartley Blackman

Maynard Saborio

Height and pace at thye back, Elliot holding to allow Sno and Hartley freedom in midfield with pace wide and upfronte to frighten defenders to death.

I doubt it will happen as GJ will be fearfull of Haynes and Blackmans ability to be able to attack and defend.

Guest AJ Sylvester

......................Gerken...........................

........Carey.....Fontaine....Nyatanga........

Orr..........................................McAllister

..........Hartley...........Elliott.....................

.......................Sno................................

............Haynes...........Maynard..............

Henderson

McCombe

Skuse

Williams

Sproule

Clarkson or Akinde

Saborio

Have to agree that changes are needed. In goal either of our three as don't see one of them any better than the other. With a fully fit squad this would be my choce;

Any goalie

Carey Fontaine Nyatanga

Elliott

Haynes Sno Hartley Blackman

Maynard Saborio

Height and pace at thye back, Elliot holding to allow Sno and Hartley freedom in midfield with pace wide and upfronte to frighten defenders to death.

I doubt it will happen as GJ will be fearfull of Haynes and Blackmans ability to be able to attack and defend.

I wouldn't factor in Blackman at all. He's definitely gone. Could tell by SL's reaction at the Derby QA (he wouldn't comment on it at all, but it was obvious the guy is gone).

..........Hartley...........Elliott.....................

.......................Sno................................

............Haynes...........Maynard..............

Henderson

McCombe

Skuse

Williams

Sproule

Clarkson or Akinde

Saborio

This is the exact starting lineup i would choose.

I really feel that Sno could be an outstanding player in this league and that Elliot being placed out on the left smacks of desperation. We must be struggling squad wise if we're forcing the lad to play in that position.

Saborio and Maynard look like they could become a lethal partnership and i would put Haynes just behind them

..........Hartley...........Sno.....................

.......................Haynes...............................

............Saborio...........Maynard..............

Subs

Henderson

Skuse

Elliott

Clarkson

Riberio

Johnson

Akinde (when fit)

Just watched the highlights and we should have been 1 up in the second minute - and could easily have had 4 by half time - looked like we made the chances through good movement and good passing.

McCombe and Basso looked the weak links from the highlights package, although am sure somehow lj is to blame for McCombe's sending off.

Hopefully carey back tomorrow night in a 5 3 2 formation with Hartley elliot and sno in midfield and saborio and maynoard up front.

I wouldn't factor in Blackman at all. He's definitely gone. Could tell by SL's reaction at the Derby QA (he wouldn't comment on it at all, but it was obvious the guy is gone).

Looks like hes staying after all

I have a friend who's a regular at pride park and he said that we looked much the better team until mccombe got himself sent off. he thought our midfield looked classy and that saborio and maynard linked well together. he said that he couldn't see them winning till boom boom went mental, although he did say he was an accident waiting to happen but that hulse was lucky to have get away with his call throwing antics

Archived