IGNORED

John Cox

simonwheeler

For those of us of a certain age and a certain longevity of supporting the Reds you may well remember are "rotund" commercial manager from the 80's and early 90's namely John Cox. Sadly I read in Richard Lathams column in the Independant today John passed away this week.

For those of us who used to stand on the old tunnel by the dugouts JC was always a major part of the pre match entertainment and always willingly joining in with our friendly banter.

John liked his pies and good luck to him - He will long be remembered as one of Ashton's characters who never took himself to seriously, but like all of us had the interests of BCFC at heart.

RIP Big man - Fond memories from your old mates on the tunnel.

Sad news indeed. I remember him on the pitch with his half time draw, his "Over to you, Phil" sign off, and a thorough willingness to work bloody hard in the name of BCFC. I had the pleasure of doing six weeks work experience at the Gate in the late '80s and had a lot of time in his presence, this was in the time when finding advertisement and sponsorship was incredibly hard and mostly involved random acts of yellow page cold calling! (Although, maybe that was finding the work experience kid something to do to keep him quiet!)

R.I.P John.

As soon as you mentioned "rotund" with respect, I rembered the guy; never knew him but he was a constant presence and a tireless worker and supporter of our club r.i.p. John our club will be the poorer. :chant6ez:

Archived