IGNORED

The Pitch

Desso

I overheard a conversation recently which stated the the actual playing area at Ashton Gate was not owned by the club, SL or the stadium company but by another highly positioned individual associated with the club. I won't say who it was but can anyone confirm this?

I overheard a conversation recently which stated the the actual playing area at Ashton Gate was not owned by the club, SL or the stadium company but by another highly positioned individual associated with the club. I won't say who it was but can anyone confirm this?

It is not something that I know of, the only club I am aware that this is the case with is Chelsea. Ken Bates put the pitch in trust for the supporters when he first took over the club to ensure if the club went bust as was a possibility at the time then they would still have a pitch in Chelsea to play there games.

It is not something that I know of, the only club I am aware that this is the case with is Chelsea. Ken Bates put the pitch in trust for the supporters when he first took over the club to ensure if the club went bust as was a possibility at the time then they would still have a pitch in Chelsea to play there games.

I would say that you are very close to the truth.

The car park isnt owned by us,would have thought the pitch is though :noexpression:

Archived