IGNORED

Man Of The Match Result Vs Blackpool

Blagdon red

Whilst Evander, Louis and Lewin all played well, personally I would give it to Skuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuse

Thought he was immense.

Skuse wasn't in the game for the whole of the first half. I wouldnt call it immense. he had a good 5 minute spell in second where he darted round chasing the ball and people shouted skuuuuuuse but that was all. In my opinion Johnson should of been Man of the Match. He was all over the pitch from start to finish a completely different player tonight and best I've seen him play for a long time. Defence looked a bit ropey at times and allowed some unnecessary pressure although they did a good job.

Thought Sno had a bad one, though partly from being played out of position. He gave the ball away many times tho and direct to a Blackburn player mostly.

It's hard to divorce from how good he was against Scunny but sooner or later he's going to lose us the game if he doesn't sharpen up his short passing.

Thought Haynes looked very good and should start. His control of the ball needs improving but he was terrifying defenders and that's something we're lacking at the moment. Nice that he can put it in the back of the net when it counts too.

Marvin was very quiet most of the game. Doesn't look worth £2m any more so we should sell him and buy someone for a quarter of that who'll do a better job battling in the midfield.

LJ was class, best I've seen him play. I'm afraid Skuse, in spite of a couple of good tackles, looked quite poor in comparison. Really lacks awareness - the trainers should be fixing that because he's got all the other assets. Williams looked quite good too.

Orr & Carey played well (stop the long ball tho please, Louis) and Maynard deserved MoM.

4-3-3 worked again, but we should be playing Sno in midfield and Haynes on the right. LJ has to battle with Marv and Hartley (shingles someone said) for the 2nd and 3rd spots.

Score should have been 5-2 from where I was sitting and Blackpool are a good team. Great football to watch for the first 25 mins, did try explaining it to the naysayers last week... ;)

Thought Sno had a bad one, though partly from being played out of position. He gave the ball away many times tho and direct to a Blackburn player mostly.

It's hard to divorce from how good he was against Scunny but sooner or later he's going to lose us the game if he doesn't sharpen up his short passing.

Thought Haynes looked very good and should start. His control of the ball needs improving but he was terrifying defenders and that's something we're lacking at the moment. Nice that he can put it in the back of the net when it counts too.

Marvin was very quiet most of the game. Doesn't look worth £2m any more so we should sell him and buy someone for a quarter of that who'll do a better job battling in the midfield.

LJ was class, best I've seen him play. I'm afraid Skuse, in spite of a couple of good tackles, looked quite poor in comparison. Really lacks awareness - the trainers should be fixing that because he's got all the other assets. Williams looked quite good too.

Orr & Carey played well (stop the long ball tho please, Louis) and Maynard deserved MoM.

4-3-3 worked again, but we should be playing Sno in midfield and Haynes on the right. LJ has to battle with Marv and Hartley (shingles someone said) for the 2nd and 3rd spots.

Score should have been 5-2 from where I was sitting and Blackpool are a good team. Great football to watch for the first 25 mins, did try explaining it to the naysayers last week... ;)

Have we been promoted already, that's what I like!

Sno had a bad one ? I`m sure i was at the gate tonight.....obviously not.

PDG

Sno had a bad one ? I`m sure i was at the gate tonight.....obviously not.

It's only the second time I've seen him play but he looked half the player he was vs Scunny.

I'm sure he passed it backwards to their forwards 3 times? No other midfielder could get away with that, never mind MoM.

As I said, he's wasted playing forward. He plays at a much slower tempo than everyone else and hence can't get a shot off, can't cross and missed an open net tonight.

That being said, he's clearly a class above every other player we have bar possibly Nicky. He's a great target guy, almost impossible to tackle and draws the opposing players out of position. He needs to be either behind the forwards or in the middle.

One other thing, he was limping after a tackle early on and 10 mins later got the same foot stomped so that may have affected his game too.

So.

Sno had "a bad one", Elliott was "very quiet" and Skuse was "quite poor".

LJ on the other hand was "class".

You are so predictable, and I doubt that anyone would agree with that assessment in its entirety.

For the record, I thought Johnson had an excellent first half - which he played mainly on the right wing.

But not so good that he carried the rest of the midfield.

Carey was immaculate and made a mockery of GJ's decision to keep him on the bench on Saturday.

Like you say about Sno though he was being played out of position and should be in the middle, often he looked best when he managed to get himself into the middle. I believe Sno can run a game from the centre and really show his class, Lee Johnson will never be able to do this, he simply doesn't have it in him as a player. That's why i can't see why Gary would play Sno on the right and Lee in the middle. I simply can't see how anyone could explain playing a player who has been Man of the match against AC Milan out of position, whilst playing an average Championship player at best in the middle, surely Sno should be in his favoured position. Why play arguably your best player out of position?

Whatching Johnson in the last 15/20 minutes, because the game was about as boring as i can remember, there was at least 10 times where he failed to track midfield runners back or was caught ahead of the play. At times he almost semed scared of the big bloke who came on for them, remined me of Reading last season when he just ran away from their player allowing him to score. I can see why you could get the impression Elliot's looking poor, its probably because he's worn out after having to do the work of two in the centre of midfield. Personally lee johnson wouldn't have been a starter for me tonight, i'd rather have seen Elliot and Sno in the middle with haynes on the right to poivide some good width and pace, somethign last nights game lacked more often than not. Left midfield JGary has left himself ridiculously short, and it seems we have almost abandoned that side of the field offensively.

However i think your unfairly criticising Skuse, again he was being played out of position on the left. I feel sorry for Skuse every time he plays in the midle he has a good game, yet he always seems to be the one who gets dropped or moved out of position to accomodate others.

I thought the football at times was good, but again negaive tactics froma negative manager. As soon as we scored maynard dropped out to the left for large parts of the game. The last 20 minutes was seriously shit, we were 2 up so we just decided to stop going forward, thats not what some people want see, i'd rather we would have pushed on and gone for more. That said hopefully Johnson just wanted a win tonight after a run of losses and draws, and not to concede in order to get some confidence back , and now perhaps we'll kick on and play some more expansive stuff with width.

Sno was quality when in possession of the ball. he is strong and has skill, but when we dont have the ball he isnt interested.

whether its down to general fitness at the moment i dont know, but he doesnt track back and he doesnt pressure the ball when the rest of the team are. probably notices more as he is out on the right as opposed to playing in the middle which would seem his preferred position and he can just sit in there.

for all his good work last night, i cant believe he was MOTM above LJ and Carey.

Like you say about Sno though he was being played out of position and should be in the middle, often he looked best when he managed to get himself into the middle. I believe Sno can run a game from the centre and really show his class, Lee Johnson will never be able to do this, he simply doesn't have it in him as a player. That's why i can't see why Gary would play Sno on the right and Lee in the middle. I simply can't see how anyone could explain playing a player who has been Man of the match against AC Milan out of position, whilst playing an average Championship player at best in the middle, surely Sno should be in his favoured position. Why play arguably your best player out of position?

Whatching Johnson in the last 15/20 minutes, because the game was about as boring as i can remember, there was at least 10 times where he failed to track midfield runners back or was caught ahead of the play. At times he almost semed scared of the big bloke who came on for them, remined me of Reading last season when he just ran away from their player allowing him to score. I can see why you could get the impression Elliot's looking poor, its probably because he's worn out after having to do the work of two in the centre of midfield. Personally lee johnson wouldn't have been a starter for me tonight, i'd rather have seen Elliot and Sno in the middle with haynes on the right to poivide some good width and pace, somethign last nights game lacked more often than not. Left midfield JGary has left himself ridiculously short, and it seems we have almost abandoned that side of the field offensively.

However i think your unfairly criticising Skuse, again he was being played out of position on the left. I feel sorry for Skuse every time he plays in the midle he has a good game, yet he always seems to be the one who gets dropped or moved out of position to accomodate others.

I thought the football at times was good, but again negaive tactics froma negative manager. As soon as we scored maynard dropped out to the left for large parts of the game. The last 20 minutes was seriously shit, we were 2 up so we just decided to stop going forward, thats not what some people want see, i'd rather we would have pushed on and gone for more. That said hopefully Johnson just wanted a win tonight after a run of losses and draws, and not to concede in order to get some confidence back , and now perhaps we'll kick on and play some more expansive stuff with width.

Unbelievable........ :disapointed2se: This is going to turn into a LJ bashing thread even though he was one of the best players on the pitch last night. Ok so he does let himself down with the tracking back and tackling but his passing and moving was superb last night. Skuse's passing was awfull, Elliot did well and Sno was different class. Give credit where Credit is due, LJ has got plenty to offer our team.

I would say that we really need to go back to a 3-5-2 to allow our full/ wing backs to push forward to give us width. We do look shapeless at the mo

I see my reply was deleted again.

I shall just leave it to everyone else to decide if NickJ is posting like a sane person or not.

If it's a choice of deciding whether NickJ is a sane person, or you are a sane person (given that your opinions differ so widely), I'll go with NickJ.

I won't say what that makes you...!

Lee Johnson had a reasonably good first half with a few incisive passes, but went off the boil in the second; Skuse had, after a quiet first half, a good second half where he was quite inspirational and responsible for a number of good opportunities; Elliott was quite quiet by his standards throughout, but effective now and then; and Sno showed tremendous skill but still looks on a different wavelength to others at times and needs to work on his understanding.

I think at times on here people need to show a little perspective. It's very rare that players are "very poor" or "real class"; that would be rating them 1 or 9 out of 10! Most of the time our players are 5 or 6, occasionally 7 or 4, and on very rare occasions 8 or 3.

So please people, a little more perspective!

Anyway. OMG, Louis Carey was AMAZING last night and by FAR our most inspirational player last night. SO lad to have him back. He was PURE CLASS and GENIUS!!!

Ahem.

Unbelievable........ :disapointed2se: This is going to turn into a LJ bashing thread even though he was one of the best players on the pitch last night. Ok so he does let himself down with the tracking back and tackling but his passing and moving was superb last night. Skuse's passing was awfull, Elliot did well and Sno was different class. Give credit where Credit is due, LJ has got plenty to offer our team.

I would say that we really need to go back to a 3-5-2 to allow our full/ wing backs to push forward to give us width. We do look shapeless at the mo

There is no need for the thread to be LJ "bashing" at all. I felt he had a good game last night but in terms of what he offers to the team in the long run I can only see that being from the bench because Sno and Hartley are better players than him, Skuse and Elliott are different players and do a completely different job to LJ and we will need to introduce more natural width into our play at some point soon.

That's not bashing the lad at all.

Well done Lee.

You played really well last night so congratulations on the performance. All we need now is to get some real quality to play along side you and we'll be laughing.

You always come across as a really nice fella in your interviews so im a little surprised you have been so critical of your fellow midfielders.......

The whole team played very well last night, apart from Sno's shooting he was exceptional. No faults with Johnson and on that performance deserves to keep his place ahead of Hartley on Saturday.

Wouldn't change the team myself on Saturday, except Hartley on the bench instead of Sproule.

Defence were very solid. Saborio missed a sitter but it will come for him, Maynard had a quieter game than normal but done what he is paid to do. I personally thought Johnson should have been man of the match.

Same team for Sat I say. Basso made a couple of saves which proved why he should be number one at this club.

The whole team played very well last night, apart from Sno's shooting he was exceptional. No faults with Johnson and on that performance deserves to keep his place ahead of Hartley on Saturday.

Wouldn't change the team myself on Saturday, except Hartley on the bench instead of Sproule.

Defence were very solid. Saborio missed a sitter but it will come for him, Maynard had a quieter game than normal but done what he is paid to do. I personally thought Johnson should have been man of the match.

Same team for Sat I say. Basso made a couple of saves which proved why he should be number one at this club.

Don't think I agree about Basso, he did make a few crucial saves, but yet again his kicking was VERY sketchy at times I don't have the same confidence in him that I had last season. Looking forward to Gerken's return tbh

I can see Sno getting MOTM in almost every game for the forseeable future no matter how well he plays. He seems to be the opposite of Johnson in that everyone seems to see only the good things he does.

Having said that I think he had a good game last night, but probably not MOTM.

Just what i was thinking. Sno did some class stuff last night as well as gifting possession back and choosing the wrong option ( big deal). LJ was exactly the same. Whats the diff? Nobody gave Sno any stick at all and he was made mom.

Carey was the best player by a mile last night, not only the way he played but the way he guides and inspires the rest of the team.

Hes the most important player we have, when he plays the team plays well, he leads from the front.

He should be the first name on the team sheet as far as i am concerned.

Absolutely correct. MOM by a country mile

Just what i was thinking. Sno did some class stuff last night as well as gifting possession back and choosing the wrong option ( big deal). LJ was exactly the same. Whats the diff? Nobody gave Sno any stick at all and he was made mom.

Absolutely correct. MOM by a country mile

I wasn't there Saab, but good for LJ if he had a decent match.

I wouldn't personally expect Evander Sno to be played out of position to accommodate him though.

be interesting to see what happens when Hartley is back.

Carey was the best player by a mile last night, not only the way he played but the way he guides and inspires the rest of the team.

Hes the most important player we have, when he plays the team plays well, he leads from the front.

He should be the first name on the team sheet as far as i am concerned.

Got to agree with this.

Archived