IGNORED

Anyone Watching The Game In Malia, Crete

Guest WillsbridgeRed

I'm going there in June for the Euros. There's some great bars and food places there mate - You'll have a great time!

I'm going to Cancun on friday and have no idea if there is access to Sky Sports over there?

Does anyone Know?

When you arrive ask if you get Fox Sports World anywhere around the hotel or area. If you do I guess there is a very slim chance they may screen it (Sky and Fox are all Murdoch owned juggernauts, Fox screen shed loads of Sky programming), I'm not sure how it all operates in Mexico though, I'd imagine its mainly Spanish stuff.

Failing that ask around the bars and things in the area, usually people willing to help wherever possible as long as you buy a few drinks.

Be sure you come back with some reccomendations mate as me and 16 other lads are going there on July the 9th! I made sure it was after the Euro Champs and the play offs of course. priority order you see!

ps, funny that, i bloke from work is going this morning to Malia.

Cheers lads anyone recommend a good bar for me to watch it in.
We went to Malia last year mate, there's a bar there with a dentists chair in that sells Blackthorn on tap! :dunno:

Couldn't believe it either, and it tastes spot on as well. I'm sure the had a big screen as well, although as with most other bars in these resorts it seemed to show non-stop videos of people falling off BMX's etc! :Sleep12:

Sorry, can't rermember the name, but it's just up the hill from where the road forks (you'll know where I mean when you get there).

Malia is quality!!, you will have a great time!! Can't help you very

much cos i was too drunk to remember any names of the pubs!! :dunno:

i'm sure there was a sports bar down the bottom end of the high

street that seemed to have lots of sport on!

p.s hire a moped or quad bike, they're a great laugh and cheap as

chips!! ^_^

Guest WillsbridgeRed

There;s an English pub called the Red Lion toward the Beach end of town, which has big screens. There is another one near the top end of the town.

Malia is mainly one big high street, and as already said, you will know what we're on about when you're there

Guest WillsbridgeRed

"Will watch the games in Malia though...almost certain to bump into some City fans somewhere." All the REAL fans will be at the gate :dunno:

Hersonissos is good for shopping, but didn't notice any blonde totty looking Swedish (Apart from my lovely Gf ^_^ )

Quality place Malia.

Go into a small bar down by the beach opposite "Bar Electra" (excellent bar with crazy bar staff) and you'll see a Bristol City flag behind the bar!

They should show the game in that bar, but the also will in many others including the Red Lion!

have a wicked time.

Archived