IGNORED

Great Win Tuesday But

cityfan

And really try and finish the game off. I thought it was quite a defensive move on Tuesday to take off Maynard and substitute him with Williams. I would much rather have seen Maynard stay on and if Williams was to come on, to have done so for either Skuse of Johnson and then play Elliott and Sno alongside each other in the middle. Skuse could have sat behind them and Williams in front. That said we did have Clarkson and Akinde on the bench and either would have been a better move. As soon as we went one up front with Haynes we just kept absorbing pressure. If Blackpool had buried their numerous chances in the first half they could have been out of sight by half time.

So come Saturday and playing Newcastle, I think we will need to attack them from the start and if we get in front, chase more goals and NOT sit on a 1-0 or 2-0 lead if we are fortunate enough to be in that position.

Starting line up for me if all fit should be

Basso

Orr Carey Nyatanga/Fontaine or Mccombe (Don't mind) McCallister

Elliott Hartley Sno

Haynes Maynard Akinde

It won't happen, but for me it's a good line up. Elliott and Sno both get up and down the pitch and have pace and strength. Hartley is the play maker. Akinde is an excellent player and I see no reason for him to be behind any striker other than Maynard. Haynes can come back in and offer width, pace and supply.

I do not want to see a four man central midfeild of Elliott, Sno, Johnson and one of Skuse or Hartley. It is so flat and too many like players together with no width and no pace. Newcastle with have plenty of pace, and fitness and we should match that or we will get buried!

And really try and finish the game off. I thought it was quite a defensive move on Tuesday to take off Maynard and substitute him with Williams. I would much rather have seen Maynard stay on and if Williams was to come on, to have done so for either Skuse of Johnson and then play Elliott and Sno alongside each other in the middle. Skuse could have sat behind them and Williams in front. That said we did have Clarkson and Akinde on the bench and either would have been a better move. As soon as we went one up front with Haynes we just kept absorbing pressure. If Blackpool had buried their numerous chances in the first half they could have been out of sight by half time.

So come Saturday and playing Newcastle, I think we will need to attack them from the start and if we get in front, chase more goals and NOT sit on a 1-0 or 2-0 lead if we are fortunate enough to be in that position.

Basso

Elliott Hartley Sno

Haynes Maynard Akinde

It won't happen, but for me it's a good line up. Elliott and Sno both get up and down the pitch and have pace and strength. Hartley is the play maker. Akinde is an excellent player and I see no reason for him to be behind any striker other than Maynard. Haynes can come back in and offer width, pace and supply.

I do not want to see a four man central midfeild of Elliott, Sno, Johnson and one of Skuse or Hartley. It is so flat and too many like players together with no width and no pace. Newcastle with have plenty of pace, and fitness and we should match that or we will get buried!

Akinde is a young striker who is learning... Haynes and Soborio are in front of him and maybe clarkson. Akinde can make an impact on games being brought on, but for the moment thats what he should stay doing untill he gets his chance.

Again Hartley is going to be out for quite a while so for me johnson comes in. I would start exactly the same team that started tuesday... why fix something when it isnt broken? doesnt make sense.

Not really sure what you're saying here.

If Blackpool had scored any of their chances and were leading do you really think we'd had brought on Williams and forfeited a striker?

Also at 2-0, with Blackpool pushing on to score isn't a line-up that "kept absorbing pressure" (to use your words) exactly what you want.

I'm not suggesting it wouldn't be great to see us score 3, 4, 5 or even more(!), but surely when a team is 2-0 up with not much time left the first thing on their minds must be to ensure they defend soundly and get the win?

Basso

Elliott Hartley Sno

Haynes Maynard Akinde

And if we scored all our chances we would have had atleast 5?

Archived