IGNORED

B&b Close To Ag

bristolcitysweden

I'm not sure about some of the B&Bs near the Gate - they're all a bit dodgy, if you ask me. Most of them seem to be used as over-night stops for the homeless and those who've just been released from jail...

If I were you, I'd go a little further afield and try some of the nicer parts of the City; Redland or Clifton for example, which both have a lot of B&Bs. They're both still within a reasonably good distance of the ground, but you'll get a much better stay and be better positioned to see the rest of Bristol.

There's one opposite the riverside garden centre by greville smyth park. I think thats the cumberland. always looks presentable and always has vacancy signs in the window.

Plus, i don't know about this halfway house for the homeless lark. Im born and bred in ashton and never heard that before. the only halfway house i know of is the one opposite hen and chicken in north street, and thats just closed down.

dont know bout the roundhouse by the coopers arms either. that was a drug rehibilitation centre, god knows if it still is.

but back to topic, the cumberland i think it is, always looks good and is a safe bet. if you venture into clifton your talking serious money for 1-2 nights.

Just looking for a quite bed close to AG. Standard means nothing.

Have stayed at Down Views Guest House (Upper Belgravia Road) as well with family but to far off me think.

Not much to rob & just over to watch football.

Please name b&b/hostels for us.

Also got pace enough to beat most people ;)

Don't tell people who live in Upper Belgrave Road that it's been renamed "Upper Belgravia Road", or they'll all be off to the estate agents in the morning. I know estate agents are not immune from marketing hype, but "Belgravia" pushes it too far. Let's just stick with "Lower Clifton" (Southville) shall we?

Anyway, welcome to Brizzle. Centre of the Universe and all.

Don't tell people who live in Upper Belgrave Road that it's been renamed "Upper Belgravia Road", or they'll all be off to the estate agents in the morning. I know estate agents are not immune from marketing hype, but "Belgravia" pushes it too far. Let's just stick with "Lower Clifton" (Southville) shall we?

Looked more like Belarus to me. The number of drunk people on Whiteladies road by miles beat the worst streets of Minsk.

Better off with the good honest people of Southville.

Think I now remember somthing from the English lessons.

Belgaravia is a part of lOnfon where they got railings .

All I care about is a quite bed though..

Looked more like Belarus to me. The number of drunk people on Whiteladies road by miles beat the worst streets of Minsk.

Southville, eh..................

Well there's a B&B at 40, Morley Road, another at 55, Osborne Rd, and a 3rd, 'White House Guest Rooms', 28-30 Dean Lane.

Can't personally recommend any of them, but I expect they're all 'OK', and again 10-15 minutes walk from AG.

http://www.bedandbreakfast-directory.co.uk.../co-Bristol.htm

Agree. After dark at this time of year, Whiteladies Road is mainly frequented by sloshed Hooray Henry freshers, new to Bristol University. Some of them think it's a merry jape to put parking cones on top of cars. Others prefer to throw up on the pavement, or look more lost than they do in daylight hours. The more established students return to reclaim the streets and hostelries they think are there exclusively for them. Yeah, we just love 'em.

Southville, eh..................

Well there's a B&B at 40, Morley Road, another at 55, Osborne Rd, and a 3rd, 'White House Guest Rooms', 28-30 Dean Lane.

Can't personally recommend any of them, but I expect they're all 'OK', and again 10-15 minutes walk from AG.

http://www.bedandbreakfast-directory.co.uk.../co-Bristol.htm

Emailed The Angel Inn half an hour ago, thank's Nog.

Just would like to sort it.

Cheers

Tommy

Think I now remember somthing from the English lessons.

Belgaravia is a part of lOnfon where they got railings .

All I care about is a quite bed though..

I take it you weren't quiet during the English lessons. :tongue:

You do know that Sheffield Wed is 31st Oct and it's only 2nd???

Off to get a license how to learn oldest daughter to drive tomorrow (four bloody hours but home for northern monkeys)

Belhaven Twisted Thistle & Oxford Gold will make a good nights sleep.

Did anyone follow that? Felt just like trying to decipher a bit of Shakespeare the night before an exam.

Goodnight Sweden (I'll have a pint of whatever that was).

Archived