IGNORED

So Glad I Waited Until 11.55 To Watch The Football League Show!

bridgwaterEd

Always tape it and watch Sunday morning, I just fast forward over the first 20 mins when you know it will just be Newcastle, Leeds, Middlesborough and Keane. Unless we are playing one of them.

Also just fast forward over Claridge and the bimbo, this makes the show a lot better.

Yet again no Gary Johnson interview, not even a single chance of ours shown. I didn't go to the game but certainly sounded like we had a few chances on radio briz.Fuming

I don't subscribe to the theory, popular on here, that City are being badly treated by national media - we simply aren't very interesting to neutrals, in the same way that, say, Blackburn are of little interest to neutrals when Prem highlights are being shown.

That said, the 5 Live match report on the City game yesterday was v. poor - the summariser didn't even know who had been playing in goal for City, referring to Deano three times as 'the keeper' because she clearly didn't know his name. That's bad research.

That said, the 5 Live match report on the City game yesterday was v. poor - the summariser didn't even know who had been playing in goal for City, referring to Deano three times as 'the keeper' because she clearly didn't know his name. That's bad research.

Since half the media reports throughout the game yesterday (i.e. the live ones) kept referring to "Basso" she was probably confused why our team-sheet said Basso but we had some bloke with "Gerken" on his back.

I don't subscribe to the theory, popular on here, that City are being badly treated by national media - we simply aren't very interesting to neutrals, in the same way that, say, Blackburn are of little interest to neutrals when Prem highlights are being shown.

I agree with that and it's a point I've been trying to make for the last few weeks to no avail. Saying that though, I would have expected an interview with GJ after holding newcastle to a draw at their place.

There's not even one on the bbc website, as far as I can see.

Always tape it and watch Sunday morning, I just fast forward over the first 20 mins when you know it will just be Newcastle, Leeds, Middlesborough and Keane. Unless we are playing one of them.

Also just fast forward over Claridge and the bimbo, this makes the show a lot better.

Poorly constructed show the whole thing comes across like "Well we have 10 live games stuff the rest of this " not a patch on the ITV show where there was some genuine enthusiasm and a feature game with behind the sceans coverage.They knew their subject matter and showed respect to any teams featured,Claridge has no knowledge of any teams apart from the normal big boys and never answers any questions with any authority or thought just a stream of shi#e .Like many i sat up expecting crap highlights and got what most of us expected a unbalanced 2 minutes worth of Newcastle and some team in red. :disapointed :disapointed2se::fastasleep: :

I thought this week would be the week we got a decent showing playing Newcastle but for I think the first time this season they were only in the round up! 0-0 prob didn't help admittedly!

Instead though we get to enjoy a extended higlights from a 0-0 draw in league 1! Are the BBC aware that Leeds haven't been in the Premier League for 5 years??

I hate this programme so much!

Hate the big-club love-in. Last night a League 1 match which ended 0-0 was the main game!

Hate the set - when Manish hands over to the annoying bird with the annoying double-barrelled name hes actually talking to the wall. Why dont they move the set slightly so they can have at least have eye contact. Looks so bad.

I can see why they do the emails, but nobody really cares what Bob from Croydon thinks.

Hate Steve Claridge. He doesnt have a clue - always having to look down at his notes, and comes up with great insights such as this from last night:

Manish: So Steve, what do Reading have to do to win at home?

Steve: I dont know

Hate the pointless crowd shots before each game.

Some of the League 1 and 2 action is poorly shot - poor cameramen that miss action or havent set up the camera correctly so the colours are all out.

Dont like that Mark Clemmit

Annoyed there was no midweek programme despite a full schedule of matches.

And with the Newcastle v City highlights - ok so Newcastle had the best chances, but you should still show one chance from the opposition, even if it was along the lines of: 'City's only real chance of the game fell to....'

Very very poor. The Championship on ITV was so much better.

I've found the perfect way to watch this programme. For the last 2 weeks I've fallen asleep during MOTD and only woke up well after the Championship show has finished. I've discovered that I haven't missed a thing!

I sort of agree with other posters that we are not an interesting club. However, it seem to me that the media classification of "interesting" does seem to be based on a club either having been in the Premier League ( i.e. is/has been a "big" club) or they are managed by a "big name/celebrity" manager.

ITV's Championship coverage was better, but only because we weren't subjected to Clarridge/Hollowhead/Warnock on a regular basis. If you go back to when we challenging at the very top in our first season back, we usually only featured down among the dead men with highlights, whereas the so called " big clubs" still seemed to get the lions share of the main coverage, even if they were only mid table.

It's interesting to note that this season, the most coverage we have received in the media is for something we didn't do, i.e. gift Colin a goal for the one he was "cheated" out of!

Sorry but disagree completely that ITV's championship was that much better. Last season they had an obsession with Birmingham who were on more often than they were off. Some of the posts on here when it was announced BBC would show football league action i.e good riddance to ITV show how fickle we can be. Let's face it the football league is badly represented on TV. Maybe BBC should do a Sky and just do a netbusters kind of programme.

Claridge's analysis is a waste of time. How can he expect to be an expert on all 72 clubs.

Claridge's analysis is a waste of time. How can he expect to be an expert on all 72 clubs.

They should use the Churchill dog instead, who is better looking than Claridge and despite having only two stock answers to everything, "Yes, yes, yes," and "No, no, no," is far more articulate.

Not to mention the fact that everytime I see Claridge on television he adopts the facial expression of a man trying to poo a pinecone.

I didn't like the ITV Championship show last year. They spent about 20 mins (i.e. a 1/3 of their time) on just 1 game (probably Birmingham, as someone mentioned above). The featured game was also likely to have been the live Sky Saturday game, which meant a fair few may have already seen the whole thing already.

I think the overall structure of the BBC game coverage is better. The Sky FL highlights show mixes up the leagues, so you never know when your team is going to be on. I realise they do this to encourage people to watch the whole thing, but still.

The "big" teams are always going to get more coverage, as they have more fans and are more likely to attract neutrals/Prem fans. If I turned on MOTD and saw the featured game was a 0-0 between Hull and Blackburn I'd be pi$sed off. For the Football League Show, I normally turn off towards the end of the League 1 round-up.

Agree with all the above comments on how crap the presenters are. As a lot of people seem to be doing, I Sky+ it and fast forward through all the non-football stuff. I really don't understand why loads of programmes now like to "hear from our viewers". If I wanted to hear what some random person who may or may not be representative of what the "fans" of their club think, then I can go on an internet board, like this. The BBC should be showcasing the views of experts on a particular subject.

I didn't like the ITV Championship show last year. They spent about 20 mins (i.e. a 1/3 of their time) on just 1 game (probably Birmingham, as someone mentioned above). The featured game was also likely to have been the live Sky Saturday game, which meant a fair few may have already seen the whole thing already.

That's not how I remember it. The Saturday match would be featured in the goals round-up, with added commentary, but that was all.

I think the overall structure of the BBC game coverage is better. The Sky FL highlights show mixes up the leagues, so you never know when your team is going to be on. I realise they do this to encourage people to watch the whole thing, but still.

The BBC 'structure' is to rotate Newcastle, Middlesbrough, or West Brom matches as their main feature and they only departed from this template last Saturday by screening Leeds against Charlton.

The "big" teams are always going to get more coverage, as they have more fans and are more likely to attract neutrals/Prem fans. If I turned on MOTD and saw the featured game was a 0-0 between Hull and Blackburn I'd be pi$sed off. For the Football League Show, I normally turn off towards the end of the League 1 round-up.

You're making a big generalisation because not all 0-0 matches are boring

Agree with all the above comments on how crap the presenters are. As a lot of people seem to be doing, I Sky+ it and fast forward through all the non-football stuff. I really don't understand why loads of programmes now like to "hear from our viewers". If I wanted to hear what some random person who may or may not be representative of what the "fans" of their club think, then I can go on an internet board, like this. The BBC should be showcasing the views of experts on a particular subject.

Personally, I prefer 'The Championship' format, where the football did the talking, uninterrupted. Save the expert analysis for Hansen and Lawrenson on MOTD.

Archived