IGNORED

News Of The World Match Report

Walshy

Great football knowledge by reporter Greg Gobere in todays News of the World:

"Johnson's City side deserve credit for the brave part they played yesterday. Just over six years ago they were plying their trade in the fourth tier of English football.

At the same moment they narrowly missed out on automatic qualification to League One in the 2003-04 season, Alan Shearer's 22-goal haul had pulled Newcastle up to fifth in the Premier League. A position the Toon Army were disappointed with at the time, I might add"

How the hell do these people get jobs in the media industry??!! :ranting:

"Johnson's City side deserve credit for the brave part they played yesterday. Just over six years ago they were plying their trade in the fourth tier of English football.

At the same moment they narrowly missed out on automatic qualification to League One in the 2003-04 season, Alan Shearer's 22-goal haul had pulled Newcastle up to fifth in the Premier League. A position the Toon Army were disappointed with at the time, I might add"

I just read that and you beat me to posting it, what a bunch of to$$ers the press are.

I would also like to say how direspectful it is that they can mix up different clubs with sloppy/non existant research.

I'm a little confused why you are mad at this report? Just reporting facts 6 years ago we were stuck in league one now look how far we've come we've just drawn with Newcastle. We can't complain really shows how far GJ has got us. You could say they are having a pop at newcastle if anything.

I'm a little confused why you are mad at this report? Just reporting facts 6 years ago we were stuck in league one now look how far we've come we've just drawn with Newcastle. We can't complain really shows how far GJ has got us. You could say they are having a pop at newcastle if anything.

They are saying we were in the fourth tier of english football 6 years ago, obviously confusing us with the sad bitter team in blue that still haven't got behind the BRISTOL world cup bid as yet.

We haven't played at that level for 25 years.

They are saying we were in the fourth tier of english football 6 years ago, obviously confusing us with the sad bitter team in blue that still haven't got behind the BRISTOL world cup bid as yet.

We haven't played at that level for 25 years.

oh to league one my bad thats whats happens when I exercise on a sunday!sorry guys either way though not worth giving these reports any coverage in the first place like some of us ignore with the E.P.

Because if all else fails these days you become a copper or a journalist... the entry level standards having been slowly but surely lowered; indicative of the country at large with this govt.

Match report is a contradiction of terms. 1000 words of pap, very little football content and in the player ratings they even have Basso in goal.

Couldn't go to the game yesterday so watched sky sports news for updates. They even said Basso was in goal but the best bit was when the Gas were getting stuffed the reporter said Bristol CITY!

In a very poor effort for justifying my purchase of the NOTW was to read about Dwight Yorkes sexual exploits - The guy should have filmed it all, would make a fortune! not that he needs the money.

Because if all else fails these days you become a copper or a journalist... the entry level standards having been slowly but surely lowered; indicative of the country at large with this govt.

Yeh, you're right there, people are still buying The News of the Screws. I blame the parents etc etc etc............

Match report is a contradiction of terms. 1000 words of pap, very little football content and in the player ratings they even have Basso in goal.

Couldn't go to the game yesterday so watched sky sports news for updates. They even said Basso was in goal but the best bit was when the Gas were getting stuffed the reporter said Bristol CITY!

In a very poor effort for justifying my purchase of the NOTW was to read about Dwight Yorkes sexual exploits - The guy should have filmed it all, would make a fortune! not that he needs the money.

They don't get man city mixed up with man united so I really dont see how they can us mixed up with the gas. Its so lazy and, well...... basically pretty stupid.

We were reading this in the car on the (long) way home yesterday.

Not only did the "fourth tier" quote really rile me up, but I then looked at the player ratings and was quite amazed.

Firstly, Gerken scored a 7. I assume most people would think he deserved at least an 8, possibly even a 9.

But the stats that really threw me were that our back four rated 5, 5, 5 and 6.

Guess what. Rovers back four also rated 5, 5, 5 and 6.

Umm. We've gone away to Newcastle, a team top of the league who'd not failed to score in their previous 10 games this season, and held them to a battling goalless draw. The sags got stuffed 5 - 1 and yet their defence apparently performed equally to ours??

Oh, and the overall total for both starting 11's was 63.

I know it's a different game and all that, so you can't really compare, but surely there's something fundamentally wrong with those ratings!

Archived